• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harris slammed for saying voter-ID laws wouldn’t work for rural voters

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Vice President Kamala Harris was criticized Saturday for suggesting that rural Americans wouldn’t be able to comply with new voter-ID laws because they lack photocopying equipment.

Harris was asked on BET-TV about whether she believes there is room for compromise with Republicans on measures requiring voters to include a copy of identification with their ballots.

“I don’t think that we should underestimate what that could mean, because, in some people’s mind, that means, well, you’re going to have to Xerox or photocopy your ID to send it in to prove that you are who you are,” the Democrat told host Soledad O’Brien in an interview aired Friday night.

This woman is got to be the dumbest, most unprepared for the position ever...

YUP:
"“Kamala and her party think rural communities don’t have cars, or shopping, or retail, or internet, or phones, or computers or mailboxes,” conservative commentator Steven L Miller posted on Twitter."

I AM REALLY UPSET
with Harris because I take so seriously anything Steven Miller says through NYPost and regurgitated here by j-mac.

See my upset face:
boredd.jpg

And how many races have been proven to have been decided by voter fraud?

I don't see any reason to bother with voter fraud without proof. All the proof we end up with is handfuls of cases in a year, half in state elections. Ever.

People point to voter registeries as a proof that dead people voted. Except that isn't proof they voted, just that their names are on the registry. And all you'd have to do is match lists of people who voted against public death records to prove it. Nobody does. Well....except when they caught that Trump voter who voted in his dead mom's name.

So before you ask me to say anything about the wisdom of what Harris said, you've first got to convince me that there's a need for voter ID. Then you can argue the idiocy of the remark.

What's a fart in a hurricane of lives and derp?

YUP:
"“Kamala and her party think rural communities don’t have cars, or shopping, or retail, or internet, or phones, or computers or mailboxes,” conservative commentator Steven L Miller posted on Twitter."

I AM REALLY UPSET
with Harris because I take so seriously anything Steven Miller says through NYPost and regurgitated here by j-mac.

See my upset face:
View attachment 67342509
OMG....It's on tape....She said it....Amazing denial...

YUP:

I AM REALLY UPSET

See my upset face:
View attachment 67342509

Harris is so out of touch (with basic reality?) that she used the term Kinko’s for FedEx Office stores.

Yep, most rural folks don’t have access to ice boxes either - we now have refrigerators run by *gasp* electricity.

And how many races have been proven to have been decided by voter fraud?

I don't see any reason to bother with voter fraud without proof. All the proof we end up with is handfuls of cases in a year, half in state elections. Ever.

People point to voter registeries as a proof that dead people voted. Except that isn't proof they voted, just that their names are on the registry. And all you'd have to do is match lists of people who voted against public death records to prove it. Nobody does. Well....except when they caught that Trump voter who voted in his dead mom's name.

So before you ask me to say anything about the wisdom of what Harris said, you've first got to convince me that there's a need for voter ID
No, you're supremely confused...I don't have to do anything for you.

OMG....It's on tape....She said it....Amazing denial...
She definitely said it, but Miller and NYPost added something to the commentary that she DIDN'T say.
It is called "twisting what someone said to fit a narrative."
I mean, at some point, you have to figure out the rest of us are not that stupid that we can't see what Miller and NYPost are doing.

She definitely said it, but Miller and NYPost added something to the commentary that she DIDN'T say.
I mean, at some point, you have to figure out the rest of us are not that stupid that we can't see what Miller and NYPost are doing.

You do it all the time.

And yes......your cultist buddies on here are pretty stupid.

No, you're supremely confused...I don't have to do anything for you.

It's more like you wanted to make a dishonest but defiant farting noise to show that you "pwned the libtards", so that's what you did. Shame it was as stupid as all your others.

As your link - posted by you, the person who said he'll never accept a conclusion that Biden fairly won the election - the exchange says:
Harris was asked on BET-TV about whether she believes there is room for compromise with Republicans on measures requiring voters to include a copy of identification with their ballots. “I don’t think that we should underestimate what that could mean, because, in some people’s mind, that means, well, you’re going to have to Xerox or photocopy your ID to send it in to prove that you are who you are,” the Democrat told host Soledad O’Brien in an interview aired Friday night. “There are a whole lot of people, especially people who live in rural communities, who don’t — there’s no Kinko’s, there’s no Office Max near them,” Harris continued.

But hey, we've all seen j-mac posts. If the guy thinks he can fart out something that might sound like a point to a fellow Trumpist (usually because it adds up to "**** liberals"), he quotes the only cherry-picked bit of a post it makes sense to say it to ..... especially if the parts not quoted pre-debunk whatever he spews in reply to the little bit he quoted.

Or he just sort of farts out a vaguely defiant-sounding jeer, like that. Perhaps it's because he knows he proudly declared himself as an Election Truther and his truthing was pre-debunked, so he knows he cannot reply directly?

Harris has no concern for, or familiarity with, rural voters - she got caught trying to fake it.

You do it all the time.

And yes......your cultist buddies on here are pretty stupid.
cultist buddies? one day, the Righties will come up with something original that hasn't been worn out a century ago, but not likely.

Harris has no concern for, or familiarity with, rural voters - she got caught trying to fake it.
A POLITICIAN FAKING SOMETHING?

OMG - THE OUTRAGE!

OMG - THE REALIZATION that politicians play politics!

WELL - color me shocked!

horror1.jpg

As for "having no concern for rural votes", I suppose you actually KNOW THAT, or is that something else Steven Miller and NYPost have convinced you of?

It's more like you wanted to make a dishonest but defiant farting noise to show that you "pwned the libtards", so that's what you did. Shame it was as stupid as all your others.

As your link - posted by you, the person who said he'll never accept a conclusion that Biden fairly won the election - the exchange says:
Harris was asked on BET-TV about whether she believes there is room for compromise with Republicans on measures requiring voters to include a copy of identification with their ballots. “I don’t think that we should underestimate what that could mean, because, in some people’s mind, that means, well, you’re going to have to Xerox or photocopy your ID to send it in to prove that you are who you are,” the Democrat told host Soledad O’Brien in an interview aired Friday night. “There are a whole lot of people, especially people who live in rural communities, who don’t — there’s no Kinko’s, there’s no Office Max near them,” Harris continued.

But hey, we've all seen j-mac posts. If the guy thinks he can fart out something that might sound like a point to a fellow Trumpist (usually because it adds up to "**** liberals"), he quotes the only cherry-picked bit of a post it makes sense to say it to ..... especially if the parts not quoted pre-debunk whatever he spews in reply to the little bit he quoted.

Or he just sort of farts out a vaguely defiant-sounding jeer, like that. Perhaps it's because he knows he proudly declared himself as an Election Truther and his truthing was pre-debunked, so he knows he cannot reply directly?
dishonest debate tactic 101, take what a public figure has said, put your own spin on it, and declare it is actually THAT which she said.
:rolleyes:

You are the epitome of what cultism does to people.
and there you go folks, when you can't win an argument on merit, resort to insults.

OH I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HURT! :ROFLMAO:

and there you go folks, when you can't win an argument on merit, resort to insults.

OH I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO HURT! :ROFLMAO:

I could care less. Show me anywhere in this thread where you exhibited merit.

You post for no other reason than to bait people.

It's your way and everyone here knows it.

I suspect it's more for the kind of rural voter for whom it might actually be a real problem, not that many people who haven't felt that squeeze can imagine it....

"Oh, it's just a short trip"

- People who don't want to get it.

I signed up to represent the indigent on appeal of criminal convictions. One hears a lot more about their life, since all that does rather feed into all sorts of things right down to sentencing recommendations. Just about every single bootstraps statement made about them is by someone who actively chooses not to address all the other factors that might have lead to the situation. If they're poor, it's their fault, so they have to be liars and Harris has to be a moron.

I could care less. Show me anywhere in this thread where you exhibited merit.

You post for no other reason than to bait people.

It's your way and everyone here knows it.
"Everyone" knows it? DID you take a poll?
laugh_40x40.gif

It actually can be very difficult for rural. Voters particularly older farmare.

It can be up to a 200 mile round trip from parts of my county to get to the man that is only open 3 days a week 5 hrs a day...

Many farmers wives have never had an ID, and many don't have birth certificates because they were born at home.

My grandmother died in her eighties and she never had ID as she never needed it...

I dunno fella, seems like maybe you're making a mountain out of a molehill here.
I'm just not too concerned about that.

If I had a dollar for every time a DP member has said that they live so far out in the boonies that they don't have neighbors for miles, or they only have a 1.5 mb internet connection I could buy a new car.
But yeah sure, driving for an hour and a half to get to a county registrar's office to confirm your identity and then repeating the same trip to vote - - no problem for the 70-80 and 90 year olds out there.

Reactions: lwf
She has her repulsive nasally voice. And the endless cackling (laughing) to hide her incompetence is concerning

Cool...it happens..

Harris is so out of touch (with basic reality?) that she used the term Kinko’s for FedEx Office stores.

Yep, most rural folks don’t have access to ice boxes either - we now have refrigerators run by *gasp* electricity.
I applaud the fact that she is fighting for Republicans'right to vote. What a tremendous citizen and civil servant.

70018734a1cd5f298c5b7eedbfd6f5e5fd3443759662c30812f08029364a11eb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom