• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot

Carole

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A top aide to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he believed Barack Obama knew of Blagojevich's plot to win himself a presidential Cabinet post in exchange for appointing Valerie Jarrett to the U.S. Senate.

John Harris, Blagojevich's former chief of staff, testified Wednesday in the former governor's corruption trial that three days after the Nov. 4, 2008, presidential election, the ex-governor told Harris he felt confident Obama knew he wanted to swap perks.

TalkingSides.com - Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot

"Believed" and "felt confident" doesn't sound like proof of knowledge.

A top aide to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he believed Barack Obama knew of Blagojevich's plot to win himself a presidential Cabinet post in exchange for appointing Valerie Jarrett to the U.S. Senate.
Harris: Obama knew of Blagojevich plot :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich
This should be moved to breaking news...

No comment other than it is damning. Harris is testifying under a plea bargain agreement.
Judge approves Blago aide's plea deal | abc7chicago.com
Almost immediately after his arrest last December, Harris began cooperating with federal prosecutors. His plea agreement - approved by a judge Wednesday - provides a window into the most sensational aspect of the United States of America vs. Rod Blagojevich.

As Rod Blagojevich's former chief of Staff, John Harris was with his boss - or at least on the phone with him - every day.

Last edited:
Blago got arrested. Was there something else that Obama should have done?

The fact that he is testifying under a 'plea bargain agreement' should tell everyone that he will embellish the facts,
Thus far, nothing he has said could possibly be used against anyone.

Funny, I would have thought otherwise, that he would be cautious not to embellish for fear of losing whatever deal he's cut.

I agree, to date there is nothing that could be used against Obi, but public opinion is a court too.

Blago got arrested. Was there something else that Obama should have done?

In your world, no. In the real world, if he was aware of the felony, and didn't report it, he should be prosecuted. But I bet you'll never admit that law exists.

In your world, no. In the real world, if he was aware of the felony, and didn't report it, he should be prosecuted. But I bet you'll never admit that law exists.

Who says he didn't report it?

I'll say this as plainly as I can...

If there is evidence that proves that Pres. Obama was aware of some type of illegal, unethical political favors swap, he should be impeached. Until then, all we have is hear-say.

I'll say it --- there's no evidence he reported it.

There's also no evidence that he didn't... or that he had concrete knowledge even.

There's also no evidence that he didn't... or that he had concrete knowledge even.

Somewhat true that there's no evidence he "didn't", yet we have testimony by one person who says Obama did know about it. Testimony under oath usually is considered evidence.

Last edited:
Somewhat true that there's no evidence he "didn't", yet we have testimony by one person who says Obama did know about it. Testimony under oath usually is considered evidence.

even if it is a lie or is second hand hearsay?

i call BS

Hearsay is not. Besides, Blago got arrested what, like a month after the election? Before the election, he had nothing to sell, so there's no crime to report. So it seems likely that the investigation started up pretty quickly after election day.

They didn't need his report, they were already on Blago.

Hearsay is not. Besides, Blago got arrested what, like a month after the election? Before the election, he had nothing to sell, so there's no crime to report. So it seems likely that the investigation started up pretty quickly after election day.

They didn't need his report, they were already on Blago.

Blago was indicted six months after the election.

Back
Top Bottom