• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so poorl

Re: Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so

I think her behavior at the Kavanaugh inquisition was regrettable. She needs to be President because she is a good leader not because she is black and female. Voting for someone because of their race or gender is just as bad as voting against them because of their race or gender.

Good thing no one suggested that then.

It has nothing to do with suggesting. It's a real thing. This is why Obama was elected. This is why Hillary took second place.

Obama was elected because he's black? And Hillary Clinton was second place because she's female? Is that what you're suggesting?

You ask a lot of questions. Just reread the post a time or two and you'll figure it out.

Here. This is the entire conversation you started but can't keep straight in your mind. Why do some posters say all of the worst things imaginable except the ones they actually mean? Are they afraid of breaking rules or of people they know someday reading their posts?

Re: Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so

I think her behavior at the Kavanaugh inquisition was regrettable. She needs to be President because she is a good leader not because she is black and female. Voting for someone because of their race or gender is just as bad as voting against them because of their race or gender.

Good thing no one suggested that then.

It has nothing to do with suggesting. It's a real thing. This is why Obama was elected. This is why Hillary took second place.

Obama was elected because he's black? And Hillary Clinton was second place because she's female? Is that what you're suggesting?

Trump wasn't criticized for being aggressive and overly assertive in grabbing certain things???

:lamo

You can't be serious!

:lamo

By. The. General. Public.

I have to say though: I think this is the first time I've seen a Trump supporter use ***** grabbing in support of Trump. Congratulations, 3leftsdoo.

You think my premise is that horrible females deserve special privileges? You got that reading from reading my OP?

I know that's your premise - you're the one who doesn't get it.

Horrible human beings = Horrible human beings

Women = Not deserving of special privilege or protection

I think Bloomberg's late entry only helps Harris to. He is there to spoil Sanders and Warren when Biden takes a dump, but eventually his support will to go to Harris.

Booty's the nominee; your math isn't bad, but your answer is off.

Harris WAS the top brokered convention pick months ago, but she's a horrible human being with way too much baggage, and has been exposed as such.

She has 0 chance for the nomination.

By. The. General. Public.

I have to say though: I think this is the first time I've seen a Trump supporter use ***** grabbing in support of Trump. Congratulations, 3leftsdoo.

You're making absolutely no sense at this point.

Trump was MASSIVELY criticized for the grabbing comment.

And you have me confused with a Trump supporter, and clearly don't understand what I wrote.

I hope you're okay.

Seriously.

:shock:

I know that's your premise - you're the one who doesn't get it.

Horrible human beings = Horrible human beings

Women = Not deserving of special privilege or protection

I don't get my own premise. That's where you're at now?

Ok. Well, good talking to you.

Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so poorly’ | Fox News

"The letter forms part of an in-depth report, featuring interviews with dozens of current and former aides, by the Times. The article marks how Harris, once surging at the top of the polls, has since plummeted amid a reportedly dysfunctional and often headless campaign."

When she first announced her candidacy, I was excited for Harris. I thought she showed more promise than time has given us. If she's really fizzling out for good, I won't be sad about it.

I don't know how involved Harris is in the management of her campaign, but I've had some private conversations for months about her. There's still a formidable air of sexism around the presidential campaigns of women. Clinton was shrill and unlikeable. Harris is a bitch. Gabbard is sexy AF. Klobuchar is too nice and soft. That won't surprise anyone, but the sexism directed at Harris is related to this article.

She's a "bitch". I think that word can have a vast range of meanings, from innocuous to misognystic, but as it's applied to Harris, I would suggest that it basically means she's an assertive, aggressive female with a confrontational attitude and a marked level of disregard for the emotional parts of other people's lives. From there, my private conversations have gone a few different ways. To whatever extent Harris actually is a "bitch", why do we have to perceive her that way? In order to be successful brokers of power, why do some women feel the need to act like "bitches"?

It seems to me that the wrong person left the campaign...

You're making absolutely no sense at this point.

Trump was MASSIVELY criticized for the grabbing comment.

And you have me confused with a Trump supporter, and clearly don't understand what I wrote.

I hope you're okay.

Seriously.

:shock:

I can't tell if you're intentionally trolling or if you seriously can't understand what kind of criticism we're discussing. Either way, this exchange has run its course.

It seems to me that the wrong person left the campaign...

Annd?

That's what I was getting at. I've talked to people who think women have to be "bitches" to be successful in traditionally male dominated roles. I've talked to other people who think people simply perceive powerful women as "bitches" whether or not they are. It's an annoying effect because "bitchiness", when it's used to insult or criticize ambitious women, is purely sexist and gets in the way of an objective assessment of the candidate.

As far as the Democrats go generally, I don't think they're in major disorder. They're lacking a candidate that excites voters. They're also feeling the malaise of a field that's been so large for too long. In the beginning, more is merrier, but most attention spans aren't this long. Impeachment has sucked most of the room out of the air too. I'll continue to say what I've already said many times: Never underestimate the Democrats' ability to screw up anything that's in their favor.

I think you are over thinking the bitch thing. It is just cultural shorthand like calling a man a dick.

Harris was doomed to failure. One of the first articles I read about her was criticism from the left that her history as a prosecutor was far from being that of a progressive even when she had the power and opportunity to walk the walk.

I think you are over thinking the bitch thing. It is just cultural shorthand like calling a man a dick.

Harris was doomed to failure. One of the first articles I read about her was criticism from the left that her history as a prosecutor was far from being that of a progressive even when she had the power and opportunity to walk the walk.

I might be (overthinking the bitch/dick thing). It just seems to me, even aside from Harris, that it's a more common criticism of women than it is of men.

I don't know how you're not understanding this. Your answer was not an answer to my question. Trump is not a man who is criticized generally by the public for being aggressive. I haven't added any "vague qualifiers". For the 3rd time, read the post you responded to.

lol. Really? He absolutely is. It's odd that you don't think so.

No, he absolutely is not. Trump is criticized by some people for being aggressive. He is not criticized generally for being aggressive. You and the other poster seem to be having the same problem.

I might be (overthinking the bitch/dick thing). It just seems to me, even aside from Harris, that it's a more common criticism of women than it is of men.

Since it is a term reserved mostly for women, it is. I think maybe people expect female leadership to be a little less confrontational and aggressive than women like Harris come across.

No, he absolutely is not. Trump is criticized by some people for being aggressive. He is not criticized generally for being aggressive. You and the other poster seem to be having the same problem.

I don't think I'm having any problem. Trump is widely criticized for his aggressiveness, which is inconsistent with your assertion. Why you think that criticism is not "general" is unclear. I'm pretty sure you know that "general" is not synonymous with "universal". It's hardly surprising that there is some overlap between partisan camps and criticism of a politician, but that doesn't mean the criticism is exclusively partisan or that many Republicans aren't criticizing Trump. By the standard you apply, it would be extremely hard to find any politician who has been generally criticized for anything, since more criticism always comes from the opposite side of the partisan aisle.

Males get criticized a lot for being overly aggressive. If some females also get criticized for the same thing, it's not evidence of sexism.

I don't get my own premise. That's where you're at now?

Ok. Well, good talking to you.

Clearly you don't. That's where you are now.

Okay. I hope I got through...

I can't tell if you're intentionally trolling or if you seriously can't understand what kind of criticism we're discussing. Either way, this exchange has run its course.

I had the same question about you, but I've concluded that you're genuinely, and profoundly, confused. I hope you arrive at some clarity.

:thumbs:

Please.

Trump is never criticized by the "general public."

Tens of thousands of posts attacking him on this forum alone are a figment of your imagination.

^ ^This is an astounding denial of fundamental reality.

A suicide bunt is a baseball tactic. The batter deliberately sets himself up to be taken out with a short hit, with the idea being that a man on 3rd base will have time to get to home plate.

In other words, Harris has been taking flack from Sanders to allow Warren to continue without having to get tangled up with Sanders.

altho familiar with the squeeze play, i was at a loss to understand how harris was seen as the sacrifice bunter
while i don't agree with your assessment of harris taking one for the female team (because i have yet to see her as anything but self-serving), i appreciate your response to my question

Since it is a term reserved mostly for women, it is. I think maybe people expect female leadership to be a little less confrontational and aggressive than women like Harris come across.

I already said it's not the word I'm talking about but the traits associated with it. Those traits are more often rewarded in men and criticized in women.

I don't think I'm having any problem. Trump is widely criticized for his aggressiveness, which is inconsistent with your assertion. Why you think that criticism is not "general" is unclear. I'm pretty sure you know that "general" is not synonymous with "universal". It's hardly surprising that there is some overlap between partisan camps and criticism of a politician, but that doesn't mean the criticism is exclusively partisan or that many Republicans aren't criticizing Trump. By the standard you apply, it would be extremely hard to find any politician who has been generally criticized for anything, since more criticism always comes from the opposite side of the partisan aisle.

Males get criticized a lot for being overly aggressive. If some females also get criticized for the same thing, it's not evidence of sexism.

No, it wouldn't be, and that's my point. It's easy to find examples of women who have been criticized for being aggressive. It is less easy to find examples of men who have been criticized for the same thing.

Clearly you don't. That's where you are now.

Okay. I hope I got through...

You didn't. You showed up in a thread that you weren't able to understand and misinterpreted my OP even though I explained it to you a number of times.

I had the same question about you, but I've concluded that you're genuinely, and profoundly, confused. I hope you arrive at some clarity.

So you are just trolling. Got it now.

I already said it's not the word I'm talking about but the traits associated with it. Those traits are more often rewarded in men and criticized in women.

I don't know that it really is though except in a handful of situations. I still maintain that most people prefer people with a bit of diplomacy/tact regardless of gender over someone who is confrontation/aggressive in most situations. I think women just aren't as experienced as men when it comes to flexing without alienating.

Back
Top Bottom