• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so poorl

Nalu

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so poorly’ | Fox News

"The letter forms part of an in-depth report, featuring interviews with dozens of current and former aides, by the Times. The article marks how Harris, once surging at the top of the polls, has since plummeted amid a reportedly dysfunctional and often headless campaign."

When she first announced her candidacy, I was excited for Harris. I thought she showed more promise than time has given us. If she's really fizzling out for good, I won't be sad about it.

I don't know how involved Harris is in the management of her campaign, but I've had some private conversations for months about her. There's still a formidable air of sexism around the presidential campaigns of women. Clinton was shrill and unlikeable. Harris is a bitch. Gabbard is sexy AF. Klobuchar is too nice and soft. That won't surprise anyone, but the sexism directed at Harris is related to this article.

She's a "bitch". I think that word can have a vast range of meanings, from innocuous to misognystic, but as it's applied to Harris, I would suggest that it basically means she's an assertive, aggressive female with a confrontational attitude and a marked level of disregard for the emotional parts of other people's lives. From there, my private conversations have gone a few different ways. To whatever extent Harris actually is a "bitch", why do we have to perceive her that way? In order to be successful brokers of power, why do some women feel the need to act like "bitches"?

Re: Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so

Not discounting the article, but many ambitious women get the ‘b’ tag! Wasn’t Klobuchar accused of something similar early in the campaign?

Are You as 'Mean' as Amy Klobuchar? | The American Lawyer

The Democrats are in major disorder right now.

Re: Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so

Not discounting the article, but many ambitious women get the ‘b’ tag! Wasn’t Klobuchar accused of something similar early in the campaign?

That's what I was getting at. I've talked to people who think women have to be "bitches" to be successful in traditionally male dominated roles. I've talked to other people who think people simply perceive powerful women as "bitches" whether or not they are. It's an annoying effect because "bitchiness", when it's used to insult or criticize ambitious women, is purely sexist and gets in the way of an objective assessment of the candidate.

As far as the Democrats go generally, I don't think they're in major disorder. They're lacking a candidate that excites voters. They're also feeling the malaise of a field that's been so large for too long. In the beginning, more is merrier, but most attention spans aren't this long. Impeachment has sucked most of the room out of the air too. I'll continue to say what I've already said many times: Never underestimate the Democrats' ability to screw up anything that's in their favor.

Harris aide, in resignation letter, says ‘I have never seen an organization treat its staff so poorly’ | Fox News

"The letter forms part of an in-depth report, featuring interviews with dozens of current and former aides, by the Times. The article marks how Harris, once surging at the top of the polls, has since plummeted amid a reportedly dysfunctional and often headless campaign."

When she first announced her candidacy, I was excited for Harris. I thought she showed more promise than time has given us. If she's really fizzling out for good, I won't be sad about it.

I don't know how involved Harris is in the management of her campaign, but I've had some private conversations for months about her. There's still a formidable air of sexism around the presidential campaigns of women. Clinton was shrill and unlikeable. Harris is a bitch. Gabbard is sexy AF. Klobuchar is too nice and soft. That won't surprise anyone, but the sexism directed at Harris is related to this article.

She's a "bitch". I think that word can have a vast range of meanings, from innocuous to misognystic, but as it's applied to Harris, I would suggest that it basically means she's an assertive, aggressive female with a confrontational attitude and a marked level of disregard for the emotional parts of other people's lives. From there, my private conversations have gone a few different ways. To whatever extent Harris actually is a "bitch", why do we have to perceive her that way? In order to be successful brokers of power, why do some women feel the need to act like "bitches"?

After wringing most of the FOX News bias out of the article, I am left with the distinct impression that Ms. Harris' "people management skills" are more than somewhat deficient.

I wonder how FOX News would treat a resignation letter from one of Mr. Trump's aides if that letter had said "he is an assertive, aggressive -fe-male with a confrontational attitude and a marked level of disregard for the emotional parts of other people's lives".

Well, actually I don't wonder, I'm almost certain that FOX News would be describing the letter writer as

a fired disgruntled employee with an ax to grind who is NOT EVEN an American (s/he is a "__fill in the blank]__/American") who has "divided loyalties" - to say nothing about their "sleeping their way to the top"

or something like that.

That's what I was getting at. I've talked to people who think women have to be "bitches" to be successful in traditionally male dominated roles. I've talked to other people who think people simply perceive powerful women as "bitches" whether or not they are. It's an annoying effect because "bitchiness", when it's used to insult or criticize ambitious women, is purely sexist and gets in the way of an objective assessment of the candidate.

As far as the Democrats go generally, I don't think they're in major disorder. They're lacking a candidate that excites voters. They're also feeling the malaise of a field that's been so large for too long. In the beginning, more is merrier, but most attention spans aren't this long. Impeachment has sucked most of the room out of the air too. I'll continue to say what I've already said many times: Never underestimate the Democrats' ability to screw up anything that's in their favor.

No. The problem is that women and minority men, believe in the mythological dictatorial white man leadership stereotype, and believe that they get to wield that power of just telling people to do **** and make it happen. They don't realize that the modern white man is under the watchful of eye of the diversity police and has to evaluate the skills and talents of their workforce and adjust their responsibilities to coordinate into the mission of the corporation.

Women and minorities are a step behind.

Because Kamala Harris is a Democrat she really has no respect for diversity, because it does not work as advertised. And she lacks the ability to evaluate the workforce, because she's never had to do so in her life - she is the victim of Affirmative Action.

How Diversity Works, Scientific American 2014
Being around people who are different from us makes us more creative, more diligent and harder-working
Katherine W. Phillips

Last edited:

I initially supported Harris, but there's no doubt that, any sexism aside, she ran a bad campaign. Her messaging was bad and her platform was unclear beyond "I'll kill trump in the debates."

Well, Harris couldn't beat any of her Democratic opponents in the debates, so that pretty much killed her one obvious appeal.

I am sorry but I have to call BS on this account of Kamala Harris. If the story Fox is citing is the New York Times’s article on there being disorder in Kamala Harris’s campaign, then I have to say that the New York Times is not telling the whole story. The ex-Harris aide cited as the main source for the NYT story, Kelly Mehlenbacher, said that her letter of resignation was effective November 30th 2019– the day after the publication of New York Times article she is cited in. And another curious detail: Kelly Mehlenbacher is now a campaign staff member for the Bloomberg campaign, and she was on the Bloomberg campaign’s payroll at the time of the NYT article’s publication and during the period that Kelly Mehlenbacher was still working for Kamala Harris’s campaign before her official resignation on November 30th.

Kelly Mehlenbacher Had not yet officially resigned from the Harris campaign and yet she was already working for the Bloomberg campaign at the time of Nyt article’s publication on November 29. The nyt article did not disclose the fact that Kelly Mehlenbacher was now a member of the Bloomberg campaign nor did it acknowledge that Mehlenbacher had officially joined the Bloomberg campaign while still being employed by the Harris Campaign.

The New York Times Article in my opinion is a deliberate political hit piece on Harris and one that is biased in favor of Bloomberg’s campaign.

After wringing most of the FOX News bias out of the article, I am left with the distinct impression that Ms. Harris' "people management skills" are more than somewhat deficient.

I wonder how FOX News would treat a resignation letter from one of Mr. Trump's aides if that letter had said "he is an assertive, aggressive -fe-male with a confrontational attitude and a marked level of disregard for the emotional parts of other people's lives".

Well, actually I don't wonder, I'm almost certain that FOX News would be describing the letter writer as

a fired disgruntled employee with an ax to grind who is NOT EVEN an American (s/he is a "__fill in the blank]__/American") who has "divided loyalties" - to say nothing about their "sleeping their way to the top"

or something like that.

That's what I mean. That women and men get judged differently for the same behavior is the foundation of sexism. Sexism in courting, mating, dressing, acting, etc. isn't going away anytime soon, but I think Americans should be farther along in terms of eliminating sexism in employment, including employment in politics.

No. The problem is that women and minority men, believe in the mythological dictatorial white man leadership stereotype, and believe that they get to wield that power of just telling people to do **** and make it happen. They don't realize that the modern white man is under the watchful of eye of the diversity police and has to evaluate the skills and talents of their workforce and adjust their responsibilities to coordinate into the mission of the corporation.

Women and minorities are a step behind.

Because Kamala Harris is a Democrat she really has no respect for diversity, because it does not work as advertised. And she lacks the ability to evaluate the workforce, because she's never had to do so in her life - she is the victim of Affirmative Action.

How Diversity Works, Scientific American 2014

Oh. No. I don't buy one sputtering gasp of that argument. White men control American society, but everyone has some degree of influence. If you think that ambitious women either act like "bitches" or get labeled as "bitches" because they perceive powerful white men to be "bitchy" (the word we use here is less important than the traits it represents), then perhaps you should ask yourself why that would be. Of course, it doesn't actually have anything to do with that, which makes my question difficult to answer. The more obvious answer is that assertion and aggression and the other things I mentioned are considered to be desirable traits in powerful men. Those same traits get viewed negatively when women exhibit them, yet they're still effective enough that women use them or fake them anyway to gain or maintain power.

What this tells me is that Harris, for example, is not necessarily a "bitch", but that she's employing certain qualities and tactics that when used by men, tend to be rewarded.

The Iowa caucuses is Monday, February 3 2020. What is all the hand wringing over a competitive democratic primary?

I initially supported Harris, but there's no doubt that, any sexism aside, she ran a bad campaign. Her messaging was bad and her platform was unclear beyond "I'll kill trump in the debates."

Well, Harris couldn't beat any of her Democratic opponents in the debates, so that pretty much killed her one obvious appeal.

I agree with that. She had a lot of potential, checked a lot of boxes, etc. As I said, I don't know how much she was in control of her own campaign, but she was the boss at the end of the line. She blew it, which, I think, is unfortunate.

I am sorry but I have to call BS on this account of Kamala Harris. If the story Fox is citing is the New York Times’s article on there being disorder in Kamala Harris’s campaign, then I have to say that the New York Times is not telling the whole story. The ex-Harris aide cited as the main source for the NYT story, Kelly Mehlenbacher, said that her letter of resignation was effective November 30th 2019– the day after the publication of New York Times article she is cited in. And another curious detail: Kelly Mehlenbacher is now a campaign staff member for the Bloomberg campaign, and she was on the Bloomberg campaign’s payroll at the time of the NYT article’s publication and during the period that Kelly Mehlenbacher was still working for Kamala Harris’s campaign before her official resignation on November 30th.

Kelly Mehlenbacher Had not yet officially resigned from the Harris campaign and yet she was already working for the Bloomberg campaign at the time of Nyt article’s publication on November 29. The nyt article did not disclose the fact that Kelly Mehlenbacher was now a member of the Bloomberg campaign nor did it acknowledge that Mehlenbacher had officially joined the Bloomberg campaign while still being employed by the Harris Campaign.

The New York Times Article in my opinion is a deliberate political hit piece on Harris and one that is biased in favor of Bloomberg’s campaign.

That's a plausible explanation, but I was speaking about the themes behind the NYT piece, not the Mehlenbacher account specifically. Whether or not Harris was mean to campaign staff, she's still viewed as a "bitch" by many voters.

I agree with that. She had a lot of potential, checked a lot of boxes, etc. As I said, I don't know how much she was in control of her own campaign, but she was the boss at the end of the line. She blew it, which, I think, is unfortunate.

I am not counting Kamala Harris out yet, Iowa is anyone’s game at this point and she might pull a win high placement in the caucuses.

What this tells me is that Harris, for example, is not necessarily a "bitch", but that she's employing certain qualities and tactics that when used by men, tend to be rewarded.

But that does not make sense. It does not explain why the campaign is considered to be folding in the near future. If Ms. Harris is the qualified leader, and is deploying the diversity algorithm, then why aren't things progressing as the theory leads us to believe???

She is possibly dropping out of the Democrat Primary before any primary election - it is not the racist Republicans rejecting her.

Was Obama elected because he was the mean dictatorial type, or the congenial peacemaker???

That's a plausible explanation, but I was speaking about the themes behind the NYT piece, not the Mehlenbacher account specifically. Whether or not Harris was mean to campaign staff, she's still viewed as a "bitch" by many voters.

I am saying that I don’t buy the narrative of the New York Times article because Mehlenbacher is the primary named source for the article and the article failed to mention the fact that Mehlenbacher was a Bloomberg campaign staffer at the time she was still officially employed by the Harris campaign. Mehlenbacher’s resignation was effective November 30th, days after the article that cited her resignation letter. The nyt didn’t mention that fact or Mehlenbacher’s being on the Bloomberg campaign payroll at the time she was supposedly still employed by the Harris campaign.

I am calling the NYT article a hit piece against Kamala Harris, and one that is pushing a narrative favorable to Bloomberg’s campaign.

Maybe the question is why is it when male managers are aggressive and confrontational they are described as being "tough' and 'demanding'. But should a female adopt that same management style she is then described as being a "bitch". Shouldn't come as any great surprise that Fox would gleefully jump so quickly onto that bandwagon.

Most of all, there's no Trumpian candidate in the mix. I recall Democrats deriding the large Republican field in 2016. Look back and savor the irony, huh? Now, their field is buckling under the heft of a homogeneous ideology and Trump-hate agenda.
When they're not being drowned out by the constant, grinding din of impeachment.

Perhaps, but this assumes the NYT truly believes Bloomberg can win. No way.

Where's the FoxNews bias?

There are only eleven simple paragraphs - no more than two sentences each. It should not be that difficult to parse the bias.

Chances are you are disillusioned Democrat suffering from Trump derangement syndrome.

Harris is viewed by many as a self-promoting, evil shrew since she unhinged her jaw and attempted to devour Kavannaugh during the Salem Witch Trials which were his confirmation hearings.
Millions will never forget that.

Where is it in the article that they describe her to be a bitch???

How did you make that conclusion?

Are you disillusioned?

Where is it in the article that they describe her to be a bitch???

How did you make that conclusion?

Are you disillusioned?

I think it's inferred by some.

Harris is viewed by many as a self-promoting, evil shrew since she unhinged her jaw and attempted to devour Kavannaugh during the Salem Witch Trials which were his confirmation hearings.
Millions will never forget that.

Luckily, Harris has extremely fit jaw muscles. They are the key to her political suckcess.

I think her behavior at the Kavanaugh inquisition was regrettable. She needs to be President because she is a good leader not because she is black and female. Voting for someone because of their race or gender is just as bad as voting against them because of their race or gender.

Back
Top Bottom