• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Harriett Miers Supreme Court nomination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Harriett Miers supreme court nominee

scottyz said:
Yet 48% of Americans who voted chose a so-called liberal. hmmm.

So basically you just want to further divide the country because you think it will help your party? :applaud

The country ALREADY has been divided, & that was done long ago courtesy of the liberals who destroyed the once great democratic party.

The thing w/ liberals is this: They do not represent the majority, ...they only want people to believe that they do!

When you hear fools who are disingenuine like Chuck Schumer say things like, "We want mainstream America to be represented",........what he is really saying is that HE wants more people like him who are blathering liberal who will interpret the constitution that will be beneficial to focus groups, or any other phoney invented victim group.

I'm so sick of the crap like "we must have a judge who has heart, or is tollerant, ..or one who has an open mind"!

No....what we need is to FOLLOW the laws ALREADY on the books, irrespective of everything else.

IF people, & groups do not like EXISTING laws, ..they should form a consenus, & meet with their representatives to seek out redress through the legal legislative process; & leave ("race, ethnicity, religion, feelings, & focus groups out of the process".)>>>something the liberals ALWAYS love employing when they cannot win at the ballot box!

Those candidates that prefer the way the country is going, & what direction is espoused by the people who vote for them, THE PEOPLE make the decision by the votes they cast for them.

Somehow, in a twisted way, the liberals "THINK" that whenever they lose, the republican majority is morally bound to keep their hopes alive to keep them relevant!

They (liberals) know they generally cannot get it at the ballot box, & hence their candidates MUST not ever campaign on what they REALLY do believe in, & have attempted to "institutionalize" liberalism through the high courts in order to make them "untouchable" FOREVER,( ie abortion, affirmative action forever, homosexuality as normal, & other phoney rights issues)

Liberals would have people believe that not everybody is protected by the constitution, ..that is how they PANDER for votes. Fact is, EVERYBODY is protected by the constitution, ...its just that liberals LOVE protecting the groups that WANT SPECIAL rights protection for their own immoral, & disingenuous behavior.

Example: we have laws on the books for murder, assault etc....& nobody should be permitted to get away with murder or assault. Yet, ..what do the liberals do..?

They (liberals) invent new laws for our black citizens, "HATE CRIME LAWS"??? Why, ...is anybody else who is murdered, or assaulted not as valuable as a citizen as our black citizens?

They (liberals) simply are pandering to the black community, & want them to believe that there is massive racism, & discrimination & hate towards our black citizens in such degree that they need special protection.

Murder is murder, & has little to do with race, & even if it did...it is still punishable, & those engaging in it will be prosecuted!

Liberals love to create & invent new focus groups,& pander to them, & tell them exactly what they WANT to hear to help garner votes.

Look at homosexual behavior! So, ..why should somebody who enjoys being on the recieving end of sodomy, or perhaps on the other end...be granted special protected rights because of their affinity for sexual promiscuity, & or perversion??

Personnally, I do not give a damn where they want to insert their penis by way of their lust; ...but why should the government protect their behavior as like being "something" special, ..or by looking at their behavior as being a form of an unjust handi-cap by way of natures role of the dice, or by THEIR OWN CHOICE?

Its all horseshyte; ..THEY are americans ALL endowed with the very same rights as everybody else, being a minority, or a homosexual has nothing to do with their access to rights!

Look at the false PERCEPTIONS that have come by way of liberalism:

1. All blacks are poor...total nonsense.

2. Blacks should be treated w/ more leniency in the courts because of socio/economic reasons?.....more non-sense, they know right from wrong regardless of socio/economic concerns!

3. Homosexuality is normal,.. just different? More horseshyte for those who are morally reprobate!

4. A woman has a right to abort (KILL) her child? Really now, ..& this murder is considered "just"? Perhaps IF her life be in danger by carrying the child to full term, ..one can accept that premise!
.....even liberals KNOW it is wrong, hence such words as "family planning", or "choice" to disguise the carnage of abortion, & its TRUE meaning, for we KNOW it is not a real choice at all, & it sure has NOT a g-damn thing to do with family planning! Family planning perhaps in PREVENTING unwanted birth through education of contraceptives as condems, IUD's, Birth control pills etc, ...but Abortion Clinics, ..who is shyting who here?

5. "THe GREAT SOCIETY" intiative of 1965, & the 5-trillion dollars spent to end poverty, & illiteracy, a thoughtful action by liberals.

THe sad part is this, ..the very SAME people who recieved this government gratuity STILL claim they are poor, ..& God knows the students sure as hell are in fact dumber than what they were 40 years ago, ..& now there is even MORE crime being committed by these very same people, ..& IN FACT more teen-age pregnancies, & more promiscuity!

All liberal "good intentions", & all a big failure...because with liberalism, those recieving ARE NEVER HELD UP to ever being responsible for anything on their part!

It HAS created an "ENTITLEMENT" mentality whereas, those groups THINK that they are ALWAYS to be protected, & PROVIDED FOR ...& they love wallowing in this victim mentality, thus creating, & causing racial, & ethnic strains among our diverse american populations.

Unfortunatley for liberalist mentality, one group or another is going to be the racial majority & minority.....even liberals cannot change the demographics to help create this so called stupid level playing field, & it would be no g-damn different even IF the racial make up was in the opposite direction!

Humanity is humanity, & people are people....regardless of the amount of melanin in ones blood, or the lack thereof, & this g-damn fixation that liberals have with race is a testament to the fact that THEY really do NOT ever want to have a color blind society; for IF they did they would have NOBODY to pander to for votes!

The more groups the liberals can convince of being victims simply helps them at the ballot box, & God knows many in these groups LOVE being told that they are victims, ...why it has explained their penchant for crime, welfare abuse, & the homosexuals of having to be responsible for their immoral behavior, & lastly...the spread of HIV by living in dangerous lifestyles.

That it WHY it IS important to disempower the liberal court system, & its ILLEGAL activist past history & start adjucating by the LAWS ALREADY on the books.

If minorities, & homosexuals feel that because of their race, or because of their sexual choices they have been illegally discriminated against, ..THEY ALREADY HAVE THE COURTS TO PETITION, & HEAR THEIR CASES!

The liberals insistence of the courts seeing them as some "special" entity by way of the chances of their birth to be born black instead of white, & therefore an automatic victim; & the homosexual being considered a victim because he chooses same sex is absolutely disingenuine to the very core of honesty.

In truth they (liberals) know it too, ..they just love championing somebody because it makes them feel good about themselves, & does help garner votes for them, as many of them themselves were born into wealth & privilege, & feel guilty about it. Their mistake is believing that the average Joe mainstream voter lives as good as they do, & thinks along the same lines. In actuality, nothing could be further from the truth, but don't tell what few liberals remain in power, ..they are in still in denial!

That also explains why they hatched the fixed election nonsense, ..they are so g-damn arrogant, ..that they actually WANT PEOPLE believe they are the majority!:2razz:

wxcrazytwo said:
Roberts was a shoe in from the beginning. They (Dems) had to give him a little bit of a hard time. However, Harriett no way. NEXT!!!

I hope your right.......I hope the dems try and filibuster her so the leader can slap the nuclear option on them........

Hey, Stu Ghatze, are you here to rant or debate?

Navy Pride said:
I hope your right.......I hope the dems try and filibuster her so the leader can slap the nuclear option on them........

Dear Navy Pride, I hope so too! Please read my post, the one before yours.

Tell me IF you agree with it, or not!

I don't care how much the dems compliment her now there will be a huge fight over her confirmation.............Her confirmation moves the court farther to the right and the left will do everything they can to block it.....

The Republicans have the hammer though and will use it......Make no mistake about it........

shuamort said:
Hey, Stu Ghatze, are you here to rant or debate?

I'm not trying to rant at all. I just get enthused a little!

By the way, ..why is that when liberalism is DEFINED for what it really is, ..some people like calling it a rant? :2razz:

Stu Ghatze said:
I'm not trying to rant at all. I just get enthused a little!

By the way, ..why is that when liberalism is DEFINED for what it really is, ..some people like calling it a rant? :2razz:
It's your opinion on how to define "liberalism". I don't personally think Bush should ever be defined as a conservative, but obviously others do.

scottyz said:
It's your opinion on how to define "liberalism". I don't personally think Bush should ever be defined as a conservative, but obviously others do.

One thing for sure is he is a hell of a lot more Conservative then the clown the dems ran for president..........

Navy Pride said:
One thing for sure is he is a hell of a lot more Conservative then the clown the dems ran for president..........
Bush hasn't banned abortion or gay marriage. The Government has gotten bigger and he spends more liberally than anyone I can think of. You can't really say how Kerry would have been as a President because it never happened.

scottyz said:
Bush hasn't banned abortion or gay marriage. The Government has gotten bigger and he spends more liberally than anyone I can think of. You can't really say how Kerry would have been as a President because it never happened.

How the hell can any president ban abortion and gay marriage is already illegal in every state with the exception of Mass......

You really need to get a clue on how government works in this country.......

Navy Pride said:
How the hell can any president ban abortion and gay marriage is already illegal in every state with the exception of Mass......
Simple. When his party controls all three branches of Goverment.

scottyz said:

Fiscally he sure isn't, & I agree with you. On the other hand I do not think the war in Iraq, & the war on terror can be done effectively on the cheap either.

None of that helps either!

I do not think very many "who are being honest" will float very far w/what you call "my opinion" on how one defines liberalism.

I would think 50 years ago, & perhaps even longer one might want to describe liberalism in more genuine glowing terms. Modern liberalism today, bears NO such resemblance, & that is its explanation to its slow continuing slide downhill!

One can fool "some" of the people sometime, ..but not forever, & the ludicrous accusations & charges of fixed elections only exacerbates the pathetic state of the democratic party today who allowed themselves to have their party controlled by modern liberals.

scottyz said:
Simple. When his party controls all three branches of Goverment.

He doesn't control the judicial yet but hopefully he will soon....

Do you have a clue as to what it takes to approve a constitutional amendment?

aps said:
Stinger, I believe that Bush called her a pitbull in high heels. Thus, I doubt she would look or act grandmotherly if she felt she was being mistreated or abused.

Oh I have no doubt he is probably right. But when she walks into that Senate hearing room and quietly sits down and folds her hands in front of her......................................................

Boy almost everything I hear about this lady is she is a stauch Conservative...............Maybe I will see that murderous law Roe V Wade overturned befor i kick the bucket......

Navy Pride said:
Boy almost everything I hear about this lady is she is a stauch Conservative...............Maybe I will see that murderous law Roe V Wade overturned befor i kick the bucket......

When are you expecting you will kick the bucket, Mr. Navy Pride?

aps said:

I'm sure we could all chip in money and have the infamous Dr. Kervorkian pay you a visit, Mr. Pride? LOL ( Just kiddin')

aps said:

After Roe V Wade is overthrown and millions of innocent babies are no longer murdered in the womb..........I can rest in peace then....

Hoot said:
I'm sure we could all chip in money and have the infamous Dr. Kervorkian pay you a visit, Mr. Pride? LOL ( Just kiddin')

Sorry to disappoint you but I have a huge lust for life........Besides assisted suicide is a mortal sin in my religion......

Navy Pride said:
After Roe V Wade is overthrown and millions of innocent babies are no longer murdered in the womb..........I can rest in peace then....

I wouldn't advise holding your breath. Although, I suppose the end might come a lot faster that way...

Kelzie said:
I wouldn't advise holding your breath. Although, I suppose the end might come a lot faster that way...

I would never say never Kelzie all we need is one more judge and one of them libs is 85......:lol:

Navy Pride said:
I would never say never Kelzie all we need is one more judge and one of them libs is 85......:lol:

I was under the impression that they couldn't rule against a decision that had already been made. No? Am I making that up?

Navy Pride said:

Overturning Roe V Wade wouldn't outlaw abortion, it would simply send the issue back to the states where it belongs. The more liberal states wouldn't have to change their laws one bit.

Kelzie said:
I was under the impression that they couldn't rule against a decision that had already been made. No? Am I making that up?

They can overturn any decision they want to (Brown v Board overturned Plessy v Ferguson). Some of the more conservative judges in the Roberts/Rehnquist mold, however, prefer to respect precedent as much as possible rather than actively promoting their interpretation of the Constitution. That doesn't mean they'll never overrule a previous court decision though.

The likely hood of them touching Roe v Wade is slim to none. It's a good sales pitch to their base though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom