• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hard evidence shreds Trump’s lies about a Russia ‘hoax’

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hard evidence at last that shreds Trump’s lies about a Russia ‘hoax’

33834d8b99afccda87f29c105efc47f9.jpg

8/20/20
As Democrats accelerate their drive to defeat President Trump in November, they have a potent new weapon in a report by a Republican-led Senate committee that chronicles the “grave counterintelligence threat” posed by the extensive contacts between Trump’s former campaign chairman and a Russian intelligence operative. The final volume of the report by the Senate Intelligence Committee’s Russia investigation arrives late in the game. Still, it offers the detailed accounting of how Russian spies worked with the Trump team that former special counsel Robert S. Mueller III should have given the country last year. It offers raw material for the wide-ranging impeachment inquiry that the House of Representatives should have conducted. Here at last is hard evidence — certified by GOP committee leaders and published this week — that shreds Trump’s false claims of a Russia “hoax” or “witch hunt.” Let us never hear that glib dismissal of fact again. From now on, the simple answer to Trump is: “That’s not what Senate Republicans found.” The document is 952 pages, stuffed with obscure names and details, and few will read much of it. But as someone who has spent four years examining arcane aspects of this story, I can summarize the findings that make the report so powerful.

“Facts are stubborn things,” said John Adams, our second president. And the facts of the Trump team’s interactions with Russian intelligence are clearly documented here. The most important is that Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign chairman for much of 2016, had repeated secret contacts with Konstantin Kilimnik, bluntly described in the report as a “Russian intelligence officer.” We knew that Manafort had worked with Kilimnik, but the scope of their interactions, as laid out in the report, is astonishing. In page after page, the report describes how Manafort communicated secretly with Kilimnik, shared internal Trump campaign data with him, discussed plans that would advance Russia’s interests in Ukraine and took other questionable actions. Kilimnik wasn’t the only Russian intelligence conduit to Manafort and the campaign. Another was Oleg Deripaska, a Russian oligarch whom Manafort has known since 2004. The Senate report describes Deripaska as “a proxy for the Russian state and intelligence services” who “has managed and financed Kremlin-approved and -directed active measures campaigns, including information operations and election interference efforts.”

Trumps 2016 campaign manager, Paul Manafort, had direct and ongoing communications with at least two Russian intelligence officers living in Ukraine.

Donald Trumps trusted friend Roger Stone was the cutout/interface between Trump and Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, who was working directly with Russia's GRU/FSB intelligence services.

Our President is a massive liar.

Hard evidence at last that shreds Trump’s lies about a Russia ‘hoax’

33834d8b99afccda87f29c105efc47f9.jpg

Trumps 2016 campaign manager, Paul Manafort, had direct and ongoing communications with at least two Russian intelligence officers living in Ukraine.

Donald Trumps trusted friend Roger Stone was the cutout/interface between Trump and Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, who was working directly with Russia's GRU/FSB intelligence services.

Trump will continue calling it a hoax and that Obama committed a crime by spying on His campaign even though none of that is true and the Trump cult will go on saying the same thing because that' the nature of a cult. At the same time, they will say it doesn't matter that they are Trump lies because they'll vote for Trump anyway.

Not to worry his supporters will dismiss it with numerous 'facts'.

Not to worry his supporters will dismiss it with numerous 'facts'.

Of course.
The 1st fact is that there was no conspiracy between Trump and/or his campaign and Russia.
The 2nd fact is that the report itself states it doesn't know why Manafort did what he did-- though Manafort himself has said he did it for money.
The 3rd fact is that the Clinton campaign actually received info from Russia-- which the report says was Russian disinformation.
Conclusion-- Russia targeted both campaigns and both campaigns (as well as the Obama Admin) took the bait.

Yeah, but like, God told him to do that **** so it must be cool.

DONALD TRUMP: We achieved together and what we're doing together is nothing short of an economic miracle. And now we're doing it again. We did it. We built the greatest economy in the history of the world. And now I have to do it again.

[CHEERING]

You know what that is? That's right, that's God testing me. Said you know, you did it once. And I said did I do a great job, God? I'm the only one that could do. He said that you shouldn't say. Now we're going to have you do it again. I said, OK. I agree. You got me.

But I did it once. And now I'm doing it again. And you see the kind of numbers that we're putting up. They're unbelievable. Best job numbers ever. Three months, more jobs in the last three months than ever before.

Trump says God is testing him after he claims he created the best economy in history [Video]

Back
Top Bottom