• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Happy Thanksgiving -Lottery 2 weeks before expiration-$1,274,313

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Happy Thanksgiving
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-winning-lottery-ticket-ahead-of-thanksgiving

A Louisiana couple has almost two million more reasons to be thankful this year after they found a winning lottery ticket while cleaning their house.

Harold and Tina Ehrenberg found the $1.8 million jackpot-winning lottery ticket on Saturday two weeks before it expired. The couple claimed the ticket on Monday.

Knew of a case in Alberta - Farmer couple- His wife decided to clean up his pickup truck. 1 Mil ticket was close to expiring

Happy Thanksgiving
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...-winning-lottery-ticket-ahead-of-thanksgiving

Knew of a case in Alberta - Farmer couple- His wife decided to clean up his pickup truck. 1 Mil ticket was close to expiring

I very seldom play the lottery, maybe a scratch off now and then in the machine on the way out of the grocery store but hubby plays. He has won 2500 a couple of times but overall I would say he breaks even. But he is smart about it. If he wins, he never re-invests his winnings. He saves that for another day. And when he plays it is with 5.00 or less.

The jackpots at time are unbelievable. I don't think I would be comfortable with that many millions. My joys in life don't come from money.

I very seldom play the lottery, maybe a scratch off now and then in the machine on the way out of the grocery store but hubby plays. He has won 2500 a couple of times but overall I would say he breaks even. But he is smart about it. If he wins, he never re-invests his winnings. He saves that for another day. And when he plays it is with 5.00 or less.

The jackpots at time are unbelievable. I don't think I would be comfortable with that many millions. My joys in life don't come from money.

I would. Kids, Grandkids, trust funds, where they would need to work. Charities, 2 I donate to, Children's Hospital, and one that help feed the poor, those with addictions reclaim their lives
We are comfortable so I would add in my wife and I traveling

I would. Kids, Grandkids, trust funds, where they would need to work. Charities, 2 I donate to, Children's Hospital, and one that help feed the poor, those with addictions reclaim their lives
We are comfortable so I would add in my wife and I traveling

That sounds good. Yes charities would be good. But grandkids and even your kids dumping a lot of money on them has the potential of ruining them too. There's a fine line there you don't want to cross.

I am always ready for a traveling adventure but at the end of the adventure I can't wait to get back home.

That sounds good. Yes charities would be good. But grandkids and even your kids dumping a lot of money on them has the potential of ruining them too. There's a fine line there you don't want to cross.

I am always ready for a traveling adventure but at the end of the adventure I can't wait to get back home.

Rules of the trust would be clear, annuities, no loafers, no time for those that cannot go to school, get educated, work.
Failing those criteria, no money.
That way the money lasts longer, they are not dependent upon it, and goes forwards to the next generations

Last edited:
A lot of strippers would finally get that degree.

Back
Top Bottom