• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Corn beef is boiling now...

Boiling! Only the Irish, but once a year I'm ok with it... Lol

Happy Saint Pat's day..

Corn beef is boiling now...

Boiling! Only the Irish, but once a year I'm ok with it... Lol

Happy Saint Pat's day..
If I ate beef....lol.

I'm staying away from the crazy bars today, I'll ride my bike over to the dive bar and have something, I'm Irish every day, not just today!

If I ate beef....lol.

I'm staying away from the crazy bars today, I'll ride my bike over to the dive bar and have something, I'm Irish every day, not just today!
My wife is an Irish redhead... She really likes to do the traditional St. Pat's day corn beef and cabbage dinner...

But I give her credit, she's turned into a great Italian food cook... So I can put up with a boiled dinner once a year... Lol

If I ate beef....lol.

I've referred to St Patrick's Day (and weekends around it) as amateur hour since back in my bartending days!

Haven't set foot near a bar at this time of year since my early 20s. It just gets ridiculous.

But I do have my corned beef and cabbage in my crock pot.

I didn't realize that was today until I saw this post 😅

Anyone who drinks green beer, or wears orange today is not my friend!

A few of my favorite things....

The passport I got because my Grandmother was born in Ireland (then a part of Great Britian). If you have a parent or grandparent you can get an Irish citizenship, they just amended it to great grandparents, but its a more difficult process, my nephew is pursuing it. The cap was my late father's, he bought it when we went to Ireland to find where his mother was born. The Guinness is left over from a party we had (I'm more of a Smithwick's guy), and the whiskey is my mate's, she loves it, but I'm not a fan of it.

Irish.jpg

From me and my Irish Terrier Veruca.

View attachment 67380576
Come out, ye black and tans
Come out and fight me like a man.
Show your wives how you won medals down in Flanders.
Tell them how the IRA
Made you run like hell away
From the green and lovely lanes of Killeshandra.

-the Wolfetones-

Anyone who drinks green beer, or wears orange today is not my friend!
1Guinness + 1McEwens Export = 1Black and Tan (the good kind)

A fine looking dog you have there! Happy St. Paddy's day
Its a fun breed. This one I got as a rescue, I had to fly out to Albuquerque, drive to Texas, and drive her home. She is very mellow, but the breed isn't. I had a male, and he was one stubborn guy, if he ever saw a dog with a scrunched up face (pug, boxer, mastiff, bulldog) he would instantly want to fight. It is one of the most fearless breeds out there.

Its a fun breed. This one I got as a rescue, I had to fly out to Albuquerque, drive to Texas, and drive her home. She is very mellow, but the breed isn't. I had a male, and he was one stubborn guy, if he ever saw a dog with a scrunched up face (pug, boxer, mastiff, bulldog) he would instantly want to fight. It is one of the most fearless breeds out there.
We got a rescue from Tennessee.. They trucked him, and other rescues up here..

He's a Collie mix... Great dog, but he has waaaaay to much energy for an old fart like me... Lol

Great watchdog too... Someone comes on our porch or in our driveway he lets us know.. Usually before our cameras pick them up... Lol

A favorite Irish blessing!

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Back
Top Bottom