• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Happy Samhain

Kali

Stigmatized! End R Word!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween and Blessed Samhain:)

****ing Irish, 'cause of them I have annoying kids knocking on my door. :2mad:

And Samhain doesn't even work here, we're at the beginning of summer.

Last edited:
****ing Irish, 'cause of them I have annoying kids knocking on my door. :2mad:

And Samhain doesn't even work here, we're at the beginning of summer.

Thanks for the nice post:2razz:

Again: Happy Samhain. HAHA

Halloween has been pretty crappy lately.

With the cities planning a thing for it and the churches drawing people off, there really isn't the old school "house to house" trick or treating available for my kids.

Today we waited in line for 5-10 minutes to get 2 pieces of candy for my kids.
That's just stupid.

Samhain = the only decent band Glenn Danzig has been a part of.

Halloween has been pretty crappy lately.

With the cities planning a thing for it and the churches drawing people off, there really isn't the old school "house to house" trick or treating available for my kids.

Today we waited in line for 5-10 minutes to get 2 pieces of candy for my kids.
That's just stupid.

Yeah, my mom was talking about how it's stupid that people are going on saturday, just because Halloween is on Sunday. I'm wondering if this happens around the country or only in the south?

Say Happy Halloween or wish people a Blessed Samhain!!

Yeah, my mom was talking about how it's stupid that people are going on saturday, just because Halloween is on Sunday. I'm wondering if this happens around the country or only in the south?

I dunno but I really hate this whole, "community" Halloween crap.
There was like 12-15 tables handing out candy to about 500(guesstimate) kids.
Dumbassery right there.

Too metal, I much prefer Danzig.

There is no such thing as too metal.

My sister and her husband are due home either today(Sunday) or Monday. I am praying today so I don't have to hand out Halloween candy. I hate kids.

This is suppose to be a nice thread and not a place to bitch about how much your Halloween sucks. Start your own damn thread if you wanna whine about trick or treating or even rock music! Damnitt

I dunno but I really hate this whole, "community" Halloween crap.
There was like 12-15 tables handing out candy to about 500(guesstimate) kids.
Dumbassery right there.

Oh definitely, I remember I went to something like that at a mall one time, and it sucked. Going house to house as a kid was the best way to spend Halloween, now that I'm not a kid anymore, it's still fun, just for different reasons. :mrgreen:

Happy Halloween Kali!

Happy Samhain too.

55045halloween7307.gif

Our town does those community events, but we all still do neighborhood t o t anyway. We'll get about 400 kids tonight (Redress, wanna come over? :lol:). I'm just sad that all the haunting stuff ends tonight. waaaaaa

Well - we still have the traditional door-to-door going on in some neighborhoods. Maybe 1/2 the houses participate these days.
Since we're the only house on our street we go out with our kids and have a good time - and because we live in a small town we only hit a few streets that are *very* popular every year because the neighborhoods are spread out - people decorate their yards and fix up a few of their own back-yard haunted houses which are pretty cool. The churches around here don't do any sort of festivities - but they do decorate the church crosses with Christmas lights.

1288535367-2.jpg

11.jpg

Happy Halloween!

Wooo hooo Halloweenie!

What'd you call me?

We get trick or treaters still.. but not many. Seems they decrease in number every year. :( I LOVE seeing the little kids and the original costumes they are often wearing. My kids are getting more and more disinterested.. so I love handing out candy. Doesn't seem many people stay home to pass anything out due to all the community stuff.. but wow. What a hassle that is.

Happy Halloween:

Happy-Halloween-2008-halloween-2704969-800-600.jpg

55045halloween7307.gif

Our town does those community events, but we all still do neighborhood t o t anyway. We'll get about 400 kids tonight (Redress, wanna come over? :lol:). I'm just sad that all the haunting stuff ends tonight. waaaaaa

It would of been different if it were well planned and set up to provide for all the kids in attendance but here it wasn't.
It didn't feel like Halloween at all.

I have nothing against religion or churches but I think it's kinda rude of them to try to draw off people with their little "fall festival" events too.

Just isn't the same, when I was a kid. :(

Back
Top Bottom