• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Happy ramadans!

Medusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
some verses about ramadan

[2:184] Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

[2:185] Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book. Those of you who witness this month shall fast therein. Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

Hey Medusa, happy Ramadan! :)

How do you celebrate it?
hi germannnnnn :2wave:
some health problems dont let me fast but l try to be nice to people and help them

some verses about ramadan

[2:184] Specific days (are designated for fasting); if one is ill or traveling, an equal number of other days may be substituted. Those who can fast, but with great difficulty, may substitute feeding one poor person for each day of breaking the fast. If one volunteers (more righteous works), it is better. But fasting is the best for you, if you only knew.

[2:185] Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book. Those of you who witness this month shall fast therein. Those who are ill or traveling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

Happy Ramadan to you, Medusa.

May you enjoy the peace and comfort it brings to you. :)

Hey Medusa, happy Ramadan! :)

How do you celebrate it?

I could not think of a less appropriate 'word', for starving myself (not literally of course) for the month :lol:

Paul

I could not think of a less appropriate 'word', for starving myself (not literally of course) for the month :lol:

Paul

learning how to endure hunger is a good thing maybe :lol:

Not in my opinion. Breaking the siege of Sarajevo, in Bosnia, I had to endure a good few weeks of very limited rations, that was enough for me....I have a big appetite:lol:

Paul

Not in my opinion. Breaking the siege of Sarajevo, in Bosnia, I had to endure a good few weeks of very limited rations, that was enough for me....I have a big appetite:lol:

Paul

at least you live in Uk now

:roll::mrgreen:

Paul

I know you're joking, but I perceived the Baha'i fasting (March 2nd to 20th) as a rather festive event. :)

By the way, what do you do in Islam when, say, the doctor tells you that fasting is fine, but you should drink water? Does that mean it doesn't count at all?

Just asking, because that happened to me... I didn't eat from sunrise to dawn, but drank water, as the doctor told me. My fellows said there is no specific rule for that, and it's something between God and me. In the end, it's the right spirit that counts.

Anyway, after hours of not eating, it was a great experience that the first meal was much more tasty than usual. :)

By the way, what do you do in Islam when, say, the doctor tells you that fasting is fine, but you should drink water? Does that mean it doesn't count at all?

Just asking, because that happened to me... I didn't eat from sunrise to dawn, but drank water, as the doctor told me. My fellows said there is no specific rule for that, and it's something between God and me. In the end, it's the right spirit that counts.

Anyway, after hours of not eating, it was a great experience that the first meal was much more tasty than usual. :)

yessssss l agree with that german.

you remember to thank to god for all the things he gave you and everything seems tastier

but you shouldnt eat or drink anything till the sun goes down although it is still between you and god.

There are "Fasting is an obligation" portrayals here and there. But no, I am not fasting neither. I have a tight schedule.

Unlike people in the middle east who lay back from morning till night some of us have real work to do! But you know me, I would not fast even then.

There are "Fasting is an obligation" portrayals here and there. But no, I am not fasting neither. I have a tight schedule.

Unlike people in the middle east who lay back from morning till night some of us have real work to do! But you know me, I would not fast even then.

worship has no obligation ,it is not tax paying :lol:

but charity in islam may subsitute for tax paying:mrgreen:

worship has no obligation ,it is not tax paying :lol:

but charity in islam may subsitute for tax paying:mrgreen:

There is always a tendency of dogma and to make things obliged in any religious organization.

There is always a tendency of dogma and to make things obliged in any religious organization.

yes ,people make it hard to believe in god

this month means being together , helping the others , feeling god by heart ,remembering old days spent with your beloved ones ,

n God’s Name, whose Mercy is Great and Continuous:

(107:1) Did you recognize the person who does not believe in the Day of Resurrection?

(107:2-3) He doesn’t even encourage others to feed the poor, and he pushes away orphans.

(107:4) On that day, the hypocrites will also be punished severely.

(107:5) They are the ones who forget their prayers regularly.

(107:6) When they do pray, it is so people will see them. They do not pray sincerely.

(107:7) And they refuse to give, not even the smallest acts of charity.

You'ld be surprised, i saw people pulling off 12 hour waiting shifts while fasting when i was living in Ankara.

48. And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad ) the Book (this Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Mohayminan (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures) . So judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging away from the truth that has come to you. To each among you, We have prescribed a law and a clear way. If Allah willed, He would have made you one nation, but that (He) may test you in what He has given you; so strive as in a race in good deeds. The return of you (all) is to Allah; then He will inform you about that in which you used to differ.

Back
Top Bottom