• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Happy Pride Day

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Today is the 50th Anniversary of the first Gay Pride Parade. It was held one year after the Stonewall Riots, when Gay men and women took there Constitutional Rights back.

Stonewall-Inn-raid-sign-pride-weekend-2016.jpg

The "raided premises" sign just inside the door at the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar on Christopher Street in Manhattan's Greenwich Village. A 1969 police raid here led to the Stonewall riots, one of the most important events in the history of LGBT rights (and the history of the United States). This picture was taken on pride weekend in 2016, the day after President Obama announced the Stonewall National Monument, and less than two weeks after the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando (the exterior of the Stonewall Inn is covered with tributes/decorations memorializing the shooting.

Pride is bad, it’s the queen of all vices, and I guess in modern times the vice of all Queens.

"Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma......."

Gay pride
Gay pride or LGBT pride is the promotion of the self-affirmation, dignity, equality, and increased visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people as a social group. Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements.

"Black pride is a movement in response to dominant white cultures..........."

Black pride is a movement in response to dominant white cultures and ideologies that encourages black people to celebrate black culture and embrace their African heritage. In the United States, it was a direct response to white racism, especially during the Civil Rights Movement.

Today is the 50th Anniversary of the first Gay Pride Parade. It was held one year after the Stonewall Riots, when Gay men and women took there Constitutional Rights back.

Happy Pride Day! <Rainbow flag here>

Pride is bad, it’s the queen of all vices, and I guess in modern times the vice of all Queens.

You have no idea what gay pride is, the term Queen went out with Disco.

Did I see you on Grindr last night? Hmmm

Last edited:

Perhaps you and Durham can hunt all the gay folks down and destroy their lives? You know, like your idols McCarthy and Cohn did years ago.

McCarthy, Cohn, Nixon, Stone, Manafort, Flynn, Guilliani, Carl Rove, Jack Abermoff, Tom Delay, etc., etc. Doesn't it tickle you that the right is always claiming Democrats are criminals.. why is it that most of the political scum going to jail are Republicans?

I never attended one, by I intend on doing so. That's going to be difficult, though. There's a medium-sized city thirty miles from here that probably sees such events, but it would have to be on a day off, and I'm one of those people who can't keep track of what day of the week it currently is, let alone the day of the month . . . or the month itself.

Another person that doesn’t understand what gay pride is or how it was established. Your ignorant comment demonstrates that.

I never attended one, by I intend on doing so. That's going to be difficult, though. There's a medium-sized city thirty miles from here that probably sees such events, but it would have to be on a day off, and I'm one of those people who can't keep track of what day of the week it currently is, let alone the day of the month . . . or the month itself.

Almost all Pride Events around the planet have been canceled. A few did a streaming event, not quite the same as the block parties, clubs, and Parade. I have been to a few Prides. I give high marks to the Pride held in Puerto Vallarta, a week long event, not just a parade and a dozen booths handing out pamphlets on STD testing. Mexico knows how to throw a Pride event!! I may be biased as I have a weakness for Mexican hombres lol

The parade really has morphed into an advertisement. It's largely made up of corporations making floats to advertise their brand. Beyond that it's not really any different from any other party.

"Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma......."

"Black pride is a movement in response to dominant white cultures..........."

There is a difference. Gay pride was born out of police raids on a gay bar. Black pride is Astroturfed mostly for white people born out of outrage over fake events.

Meh it's just a parade, try to find one where they have a festival that is more fun than watching floats drive by.

Another person that doesn’t understand what gay pride is or how it was established. Your ignorant comment demonstrates that.

They just look at pictures curated mostly to cast negative light on the people there. It's largely rather boring. Hum drum affair. Decorations are normally colorful though.

Almost all Pride Events around the planet have been canceled. A few did a streaming event, not quite the same as the block parties, clubs, and Parade. I have been to a few Prides. I give high marks to the Pride held in Puerto Vallarta, a week long event, not just a parade and a dozen booths handing out pamphlets on STD testing. Mexico knows how to throw a Pride event!! I may be biased as I have a weakness for Mexican hombres lol

They'll likely be back next year.

The parade really has morphed into an advertisement. It's largely made up of corporations making floats to advertise their brand. Beyond that it's not really any different from any other party.

Sure it's different, at least for me. All those hot gay Mexican guys in one place, yup!!

Last edited:
They just look at pictures curated mostly to cast negative light on the people there. It's largely rather boring. Hum drum affair. Decorations are normally colorful though.

American Prides are boring arse affairs. Go to Mexico for Pride, they know how to throw a gay party!!

I've got a hot guy that is all I need. That being said I'm married not dead. I see good looking guys everywhere.

Yes

The eye candy is an extra bonus. I have been to several Prides in Mexico. Go!!

Everyone is welcome!!

Happy Pride Day!
Pride-Day.jpg

Meh it's just a parade, try to find one where they have a festival that is more fun than watching floats drive by.

I live in a rural area, with no real chance of travelling. Idon't really expect much---the area has a version of comic-con, but it's not great.

Back
Top Bottom