• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Happy Mother's Day Mom

A thread to thank our moms... 👍

My mom was one tough broad who grew up in very tough times. The depression, WW2 in which she served, married had 4 kids in short order and lost her husband, my Dad, at age 32. She figured it out, worked hard, taught us not to whine and to work hard for what we wanted because we could do it. Most important was to love each other and support each other. She never checked our homework, said that was our problem not hers but was there to help if we needed it. I recall her kicking my backside out of bed at 9AM Sunday mornings saying if I could party on Saturday night, I could go to church Sunday morning!

Thanks Mom for everything you did! My kids thank you too for making me the Mom I am.

Mother's Day of 2002 was the last time I saw my mother alive, sigh. It's also my parents' anniversary. I've already been out to the cemetery to visit my daughter, but what I did first was count my blessings and text the two heartbroken mothers I know who now have no living children. What a tragically sad day for them.

My mom was one tough broad who grew up in very tough times. The depression, WW2 in which she served, married had 4 kids in short order and lost her husband, my Dad, at age 32. She figured it out, worked hard, taught us not to whine and to work hard for what we wanted because we could do it. Most important was to love each other and support each other. She never checked our homework, said that was our problem not hers but was there to help if we needed it. I recall her kicking my backside out of bed at 9AM Sunday mornings saying if I could party on Saturday night, I could go to church Sunday morning!

Thanks Mom for everything you did! My kids thank you too for making me the Mom I am.
(y)(y) ( To both you and your Mom, Callen ) You certainly do exude class here at DP.

Mother's Day of 2002 was the last time I saw my mother alive, sigh. It's also my parents' anniversary. I've already been out to the cemetery to visit my daughter, but what I did first was count my blessings and text the two heartbroken mothers I know who now have no living children. What a tragically sad day for them.
God bless you.

No parent should have to bury a child.
I cannot comprehend that, and have no appropriate words, so I humbly offer a Rosary for you tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom