• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Happy MaggieD Day!

I was off the forum for about 3 years. During that time I often looked in on the forum. The only person I continued communicating with time and again (PMs) was MaggieD . I heard from a 3 others just to see if I was ok - but since by PMs probably shouldn't specify.

MaggieD was a very down to earth person, easy to like. I can not recall her ever posting a hateful message, though she would stand her ground.

Part of one of Maggie's blog entries:

I'm going to continue blogging my journey. Being the curious little ****er I’ve always been, this final journey is intriguing. And I think it is unfortunate we don’t know more about what’s what at this stage in our lives. How we need to take control... ask for what we want... refuse to take no as an answer. Perhaps some whose lives I’ve touched, virtually and in person, will learn some kernel of helpful info that will help them or a loved one in the future.

There will come a time when I’m off the computer. On Sue’s to-do list is a final post on DP to let you all know when I’ve shed my earthly bonds. That’s been on my list for months and months. I couldn’t bare not saying goodbye to all of you.

Be happy for me from now on. Knowledge is power. Before this is over? I’ll be very powerful indeed. https://debatepolitics.com/threads/happy-maggied-day.408463/page-3#post-1074255768

From another, "If I could wave a magic wand......I would give all people the gift of realizing when it's raining outside. And to ask for what you need."

...If something is convenient, I buy it to make my life easier. I've streamlined my chores to conserve energy, always thinking of an easier way... even if it means donating something that doesn't work as well.

I'm quick to ask for accommodation when I need it wherever I go. People, complete strangers, are wonderful.

Why am I telling you this? Believe me, it's not to brag. Not at all. It's because I know many of our members are older and may, hopefully not, find themselves in a tough situation as I have.

Don't be like others I've known who seem to think they can take it with them. I've known more than a few. You can't. Spend it on yourself or a loved one. Get rid of the mindset that says, "That's wasteful," and make your life easier and fill it with as much joy as you can.

And, in the meantime, be the person you hope to run into when/if you ever get into a bad situation...

Sermon over. :lol: https://debatepolitics.com/threads/if-i-could-wave-a-magic-wand.420899/

I sense core similarity between you and MaggieD, a calm strength. but also no one's fool.

Maggie was an inspiration.

For those at Debate Politics who didn't know her, find out what guts and grace are through reading her blog here.

I did not know her, but I see from this thread that many well-respected members did.

I will take the advice given and read her blog.

With respect - Rest In Peace, Maggie.

John

Love you, Maggie, and I miss you every day. Rest in peace, dear friend.

Maggie was a very kind soul. Did not matter whether you were liberal or conservative. She was a pleasure to converse with.

Maggie was a very kind soul. Did not matter whether you were liberal or conservative. She was a pleasure to converse with.
She was forthright but fair. And funny. And no caricature of a saint either. Smiling as I recall the blog post in which she regaled us all about her posse being at the ready to bail her out of jail after that rat bastard Tom's betrayal. Bwahahaha, she put a GPS tracker on his car!

I didn't know her, but from what I saw of her posts, she seemed like a nice lady. I hope the afterlife is treating her well.

I was off the forum for about 3 years. During that time I often looked in on the forum. The only person I continued communicating with time and again (PMs) was MaggieD . I heard from a 3 others just to see if I was ok - but since by PMs probably shouldn't specify.

MaggieD was a very down to earth person, easy to like. I can not recall her ever posting a hateful message, though she would stand her ground.

I didn't know her but she sounds like my kind of person.

May she RIP.

It's nice to see so many people remember (or discover in some cases) the wonderful person MaggieD was on the day we celebrate her. She was the definition of a great poster who adhered to "Political bias optional, civility a must". She is still missed by many and we're all better off having had her as a member here during her later years.

I don't know this person nor remember her but if she was here and so many of you remember her with affection and respect then I too am sorry she is gone and only wish I had paid more attention to others rather than my own pointless posts. I hope her family knows that many respected her online despite not knowing who she was, that means a lot.

Maggie was an inspiration.

For those at Debate Politics who didn't know her, find out what guts and grace are through reading her blog here.
Is the blog still there?

Maggie was one of a kind.

Her telling of her personal relationship situation combined with her health struggle touched all. It wasn't a pity party in any sense and in it for many of us somewhere in there was struggles we may have faced or glad we haven't. I wish more people would let us know them on a personal internal level, while still remaining anonymous. Rather than just messages often poorly written and redundant only, instead it is real individuals conversing on a human level. Other than the trolls every forum has, this highly lends itself to civility since even if in disagreement there is a human sense of friendship and humanity.

Her telling of her personal relationship situation combined with her health struggle touched all. It wasn't a pity party in any sense and in it for many of us somewhere in there was struggles we may have faced or glad we haven't. I wish more people would let us know them on a personal internal level, while still remaining anonymous. Rather than just messages often poorly written and redundant only, instead it is real individuals conversing on a human level. Other than the trolls every forum has, this highly lends itself to civility since even if in disagreement there is a human sense of friendship and humanity.
You might try to be more like her, as well as the rest of us.

You might try to be more like her, as well as the rest of us.

Take that worthless insult downstairs. We know for certain you are nothing like her for her posting that message in this thread.

Take that worthless insult downstairs. We know for certain you are nothing like her for her posting that message in this thread.
How unaware.

How unaware.

I could comment on the bigotry, racism and xenophobia your message truly is, but this thread is about MaggieD. Not me. Not you. This isn't the basement.

I could comment on the bigotry, racism and xenophobia your message truly is, but this thread is about MaggieD. Not me. Not you. This isn't the basement.
Using Maggie to go after another poster isn't a good look. be better.

Using Maggie to go after another poster isn't a good look. be better.

Yes, you should stop. This is an RIP thread honoring MaggieD. So knock it off. Take it downstairs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom