• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Happy Holidays from Debate Politics

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
On behalf of the staff of Debate Politics, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May 2021 be a better year than 2020!

Season's Greetings, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukhah and a vey happy New Year to All at DP. If you're not a celebrant of any of the included in the list of holidays above, then have a fine Festivus (for the Rest of Us).

Cheers be well and may peace be upon you.
Evilroddy.

I hope everybody has a great xmas but my christmas night was a big washout, spending hours at the hospital because the frigging wheeled walker she has been using since having back issues in the last week, broke and the wheel fell off, causing her to crash to the ground and me needing to call an ambulance. Because I also use a walker and most taxi companies not taking them in the boot of their car (mine is too large anyway and will not fit in normal car boots) and the taxi company I use that is subsidized and I can use the walker was closed due to christmas evening (was 23.30). So my broke car (flat battery) was the only option. So while my 79 year old mom was being checked in the hospital I had to wait for assistance. My car started and after a few hundred yards it broke down again. So I called the man who just helped me, he started my car and followed me to hospital to make sure I got there. But I only drove about 10 minutes so the battery did not charge. So after I picked up my mom (her head wound had been glued and she had been cat scanned) we brought her to the car to again have a flat battery. So I had to call the roadside assistance and had to drive 30 minutes so that the battery is now charged.

Let's just say, I have had better starts to xmas.

133056741_1107277519732313_5536230053021916162_n.jpg

I hope everybody has a great xmas but my christmas night was a big washout, spending hours at the hospital because the frigging wheeled walker she has been using since having back issues in the last week, broke and the wheel fell off, causing her to crash to the ground and me needing to call an ambulance. Because I also use a walker and most taxi companies not taking them in the boot of their car (mine is too large anyway and will not fit in normal car boots) and the taxi company I use that is subsidized and I can use the walker was closed due to christmas evening (was 23.30). So my broke car (flat battery) was the only option. So while my 79 year old mom was being checked in the hospital I had to wait for assistance. My car started and after a few hundred yards it broke down again. So I called the man who just helped me, he started my car and followed me to hospital to make sure I got there. But I only drove about 10 minutes so the battery did not charge. So after I picked up my mom (her head wound had been glued and she had been cat scanned) we brought her to the car to again have a flat battery. So I had to call the roadside assistance and had to drive 30 minutes so that the battery is now charged.

View attachment 67310143

That's a very rough start to Christmas. I hope that it gets better from here.

@Peter King

I expect you to remember this Christmas for years to come.

Hopefully, by the time this post finds you, your life and your mother's life regain some modest resemblance to normal. What a woeful series of events the two of you experienced! One can wonder indefinitely on the "Why me?" aspects of our lives when misfortune visits in spades.

Humor can help the healing process.
May the time come sooner than later the two of you share a laugh together! For some reason, I thought of this song:

Gosh Peter King, I'm sorry about your day! That's a really rough one.

Thanks Red, Happy Holidays to you and all the good folks here at DP!

G1QXE2c70thM_rvf7HEEaGA0l9Inm618CQc6O9I01T4jlM2D_dNDS3zDJdq3CkAGQ9dzMnBlHCFONBXq2yPKWf7fL3q3eabp6Xw7sznYinj_zWj0dMcdqUWABfr_hnvUAc2ljStOXrwoAVQKAPfKCsoIAZfgYLXhhfLhnZsYdcTqMxsE--Q69M3xWetvsoUcdKPGduVyMJ2VpBXnrA

Oh my, what sad news. So sorry to hear about you mother and all the problems you've had this Christmas. Wishing her the best for a full recovery, and wishing both of you a happy new year ahead.

Oh my, what sad news. So sorry to hear about you mother and all the problems you've had this Christmas. Wishing her the best for a full recovery, and wishing both of you a happy new year ahead.

the worst of it is that I am really pissed off at the manufacturers of that walker, a wheel just breaking off is just ridiculously wrong.

it is my mom who suffered the worst of the deal, but she is kinda OK so that is that. No long lasting injuries, just a wound.

A wound and now the pain has come in on the side she fell onto. Luckily I still have a walker of super weight limits (being morbidly obese) so she has something to support her.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Great New Year to all of you and yours this season... looking forward to 2021 being a better year for us all.

All my best my DP friends!

Back
Top Bottom