• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hannity to GOP leaders: ‘I’m getting a little sick and tired of all of you’

Beck makes me want to scream QUIT CRYING ALL THE TIME. I hate listening to him. We don't get Savage.

Glenn Beck's show is basically just him and his annoying paid shills kissing up to him every episode.

Last edited:
Beck makes me want to scream QUIT CRYING ALL THE TIME. I hate listening to him. We don't get Savage.

Yeah, Beck is whiny. Too bad you don't get Savage. When he gets on a good foaming rant, it's really something.

So what Hannity is really saying, imo, is:

'I am DESPERATE for the Republicans to get back into the White House. So I want my fellow Republicans to never, EVER knock ANYTHING about Donald Trump from now until November....even if what they are saying is 100% true.

Hannity is simply a bad two dimensional cartoon character. Trump becomes more and more the same every single day.

The two deserve each other.

Who are you talking about? Winning debates requires you to be specific. :)

You're joking, right? No one objected to President Obama talking about race. Being a racist in the White House and encouraging rioters with "Stay the course" is not "talking about race." Standing up and saying, "I don't know what happened but the police officer was wrong," isn't "talking" about race.

Rep. Geraldine Ferraro was absolutely correct when she said Barack Obama would never have been nominated to run for president if it were based on his experience and ability. He is a perfect example of what happens when you elected someone who is totally unprepared for the job.

That said, I don't know much about Hannity and don't really care. Is he more ludicrous than Chris Mathews and Al Sharpton? How about Ed Schultz? We don't have any shortage of hucksters making a buck of politics, do we?

You're joking, right? No one objected to President Obama talking about race. Being a racist in the White House and encouraging rioters with "Stay the course" is not "talking about race." Standing up and saying, "I don't know what happened but the police officer was wrong," isn't "talking" about race.

Rep. Geraldine Ferraro was absolutely correct when she said Barack Obama would never have been nominated to run for president if it were based on his experience and ability. He is a perfect example of what happens when you elected someone who is totally unprepared for the job.

That said, I don't know much about Hannity and don't really care. Is he more ludicrous than Chris Mathews and Al Sharpton? How about Ed Schultz? We don't have any shortage of hucksters making a buck of politics, do we?

This thread isn't about your denial of reality, fictional accounts of Obama's words, or Geraldine Ferraro or other political commentators.

For years and years, we had to listen to establishment Republicans with liberal leanings on various issues and be told to hold our nose and vote for them in the general because they are Republicans, yet now that mindset is being tested and the establishment is coming up well short.

Now you listen to a lifelong liberal turned Republican. :lol:

This thread isn't about your denial of reality, fictional accounts of Obama's words, or Geraldine Ferraro or other political commentators.

Got it. It's just bull****. I should have guessed when you opened with excuses for President Obama. Have you started working on excuses for Hillary Clinton, yet?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hannity-trump-ryan-sick-tired-000000010.html

2 things:

1. I've spent the last 8 years watched a revolving door of Republicans and Conservatives alike make EVERY single argument they can against Obama. From the Republican who complained because Obama had the audacity to talk about race, to the Republicans who complained because he didn't salute a soldier one time to legitimate issues like Obama's shortcomings when it comes to managing certain economic or policy issues. Hannity is either DELUDED or on drugs, for his sake I hope it's the latter.

Secondly:

View attachment 67205216

I am guessing that personal responsibility does not extend to presidential candidates who have pissed off every single important demographic from veterans, to minorities, to women, and the disabled.

Anybody need more evidence that Hannity is a partisan hack?

While the internal struggles and lack of unity do not help, everything is precipitated by Trump himself. If Trump loses, it's because of Trump.

Donald Trump, and what he's said and done, will be to blame if he looses the election.

You can put all the sweat pickle and mayonnaise you want to in it, but you can't turn chicken **** into chicken salad.

Pickles have sweat glands?

So what Hannity is really saying, imo, is:

'I am DESPERATE for the Republicans to get back into the White House. So I want my fellow Republicans to never, EVER knock ANYTHING about Donald Trump from now until November....even if what they are saying is 100% true.

He is basically observing Reagan's "11th Commandment".

I take pride in the fact that I instinctively didn't like Hannity and Coulter before they were proven to be fake conservative hacks.

2 things:

1. I've spent the last 8 years watched a revolving door of Republicans and Conservatives alike make EVERY single argument they can against Obama. From the Republican who complained because Obama had the audacity to talk about race, to the Republicans who complained because he didn't salute a soldier one time to legitimate issues like Obama's shortcomings when it comes to managing certain economic or policy issues. Hannity is either DELUDED or on drugs, for his sake I hope it's the latter.

Secondly:

View attachment 67205216

I am guessing that personal responsibility does not extend to presidential candidates who have pissed off every single important demographic from veterans, to minorities, to women, and the disabled.

I've tried listening to his radio show. It's very difficult because he is a hack and all he does is promote Right Wing absurdities while demonizing everything Left of Barry Goldwater. I am amazed that people listen to that crap. But, I've begun to understand why they do. He says what they want to hear: we can't have nice things because liberals.

The above is why I believe that Sean's real plan is to promote a losing candidate. After all, if Trump wins, he loses listeners. So, why not sell a losing candidate to the idiots who tune him in? It feeds their anger when this Messiah loses to a "treasonous wretch like Hillary." Hillary winning is going to be great for his business.

2 things:
Secondly:
View attachment 67205216

This is relevant:

One of the many signs that Donald Trump is going to lose this election (possibly very badly) is that some of his biggest media supporters/enablers are already starting to either jump ship, or to dive for cover from the inevitable blowback from his defeat. The two best examples of this so far are Joe Scarborough and Sean Hannity.

These two “conservative” TV hosts have handled Trump in different yet similar ways, and both have played key roles in how we got to where we currently are. Now, they are each clearly trying to avoid, also in distinct fashion, paying the price for their important respective parts in this looming disaster....

Hannity, while he is not at all a bright guy, seems to be able to see this handwriting on the wall, and appears to be already desperately concocting a narrative to protect himself from the attacks which will be coming his way. Yesterday he went on a rant in which he acknowledged Trump could lose (wait, what?!), but that this would be the fault of the GOP “establishment” for not having properly supported him all along.

Not only is this factually laughable (RNC head Reince Priebus, among others, has been FAR too supportive of Trump from the very beginning), but logically insane. Hannity is the guy who married the obviously wrong girl, and now wants to try to blame his buddies, who tried to tell him she clearly wasn’t the right one.

The reality here is that any conservative media member who backed Trump and claimed that, in a “normal” world, Trump could reasonably win a presidential election was either a complete moron or a lying, ratings-driven fraud.

I enjoy some personalities on Fox News, but Hannity is a creep. I enjoy laughing at Limbaugh and Savage, but I can't listen to Hannity (too creepy). He's like a whining little monster that scurries about the room, ewww.

I agree, and Limbaugh and Savage, like or hate them, are obviously bright people. Levin, too, although I can't take more than 5 minutes of his whining. Hannity isn't, or at least not compared to them. I'm sure he's smart enough - he's successful, at the top of his field - but I just haven't ever heard anything from him that I thought - hey, that's something I haven't thought about before. Not ever, and I used to listen fairly often.

I think the fractiousness of the Republican party over Trump has given me a slightly higher level of faith in it, actually (still insanely low, as it is for both parties, but not quite as low as it was 6 months ago).

Even many in his own party will not get behind a candidate that is truly unfit and dangerous. Cynic I am, I thought it was fairly likely they would. I am happy to be proven wrong.

This is not a standard issue of Trump being in disagreement with the mainstream of the party like it is with, say, Ron Paul, because Trump is so obviously unfit that they can't even get as far as talking about policy disagreements.

They are raising legitimate issues of how he could affect America's basic well-being, like his total ignorance of everything government related, childish temper, and seeming obsession with starting conflicts -- possibly even nuclear ones -- with other nations.

These are not small problems that they're splitting the party over. These are real deal-breakers to anyone who cares about America's well-being, Republican or not.

These are not issues of Ron Paul's non-interventionism versus the larger GOP's imperialism. These are issues of whether Trump is even sane enough to perform the job in the most basic sense. And good on them for being willing to stand against a candidate that they don't believe can.

Pretty much any fiscal conservative economist and commentator has outlined how Paul Ryan has caved on just about every vote in the last 4 years and that his alleged image as a deficit hawk seems to be a farce.
As to McCain and Boehner and McConnell do we even need to even what those clowns have been up to. They are pick your term .. Washington insider, establishment, status quo, etc etc.. same old same old only care about being re-elected.
Hannity is definitely annoying but the point he is trying to make is when the GOP got a large majority in congress they said oh we are going to do x and y and z.. and they didn't do any of it.

The trouble with that narrative is the hard right wingers in the GOP making promises that they could do all those things were delusional, or lying and knowing it. How can a minority of the GOP and definitely a minority in the House itself force the democrats in the Senate and a democratic POTUS to accept positions that are not supported by a majority of the country? I guess Hannity and others thought if they just figuratively held their breath long enough and stomped their feet, the rest of the country would give in to their childish attempts at extortion, which would be shutting it all down till they got their way.

And Ryan, and Boehner and McConnell are insiders or whatever, but ultimately they are obligated to keep the country functioning. And in a sane world, that means compromise with people in politics who don't agree with you, but also have to keep the lights on and the country functioning. What's delusional is believing politics can ever be anything but that. The Tea party idiots think that if they're in the minority they deserve to and CAN impose their minority positions on the entire country and if they cannot get that done, it's someone else's fault for not trying hard enough to do the f'ing impossible.

It's why Cruz is so hated in the Senate by his own party for his grandstanding. He was calling out his fellow republicans for not standing with him on positions that would fail an up or down vote in the House and had no chance in hell of ever passing the Senate, much less being sustained WHEN Obama vetoed it if by some miracle the democrats voted for positions vehemently opposed by their constituents. Every sane person in D.C. including Cruz knew it was impossible, but he was calling them cowards etc. for not standing with him. The only way that strategy works is to grind the country to a halt and hold the entire country hostage to their demands and to burn it all down unless they got their way.

It's kind of funny watching the GOP eat its own but ultimately we need a functioning opposition to the democrats in D.C and right now the national GOP is just batcrap crazy.

I take pride in the fact that I instinctively didn't like Hannity and Coulter before they were proven to be fake conservative hacks.

LOL

As a conservative, you should know that "pride" is one of the seven deadly sins.

The trouble with that narrative is the hard right wingers in the GOP making promises that they could do all those things were delusional, or lying and knowing it. How can a minority of the GOP and definitely a minority in the House itself force the democrats in the Senate and a democratic POTUS to accept positions that are not supported by a majority of the country? I guess Hannity and others thought if they just figuratively held their breath long enough and stomped their feet, the rest of the country would give in to their childish attempts at extortion, which would be shutting it all down till they got their way.

And Ryan, and Boehner and McConnell are insiders or whatever, but ultimately they are obligated to keep the country functioning. And in a sane world, that means compromise with people in politics who don't agree with you, but also have to keep the lights on and the country functioning. What's delusional is believing politics can ever be anything but that. The Tea party idiots think that if they're in the minority they deserve to and CAN impose their minority positions on the entire country and if they cannot get that done, it's someone else's fault for not trying hard enough to do the f'ing impossible.

It's why Cruz is so hated in the Senate by his own party for his grandstanding. He was calling out his fellow republicans for not standing with him on positions that would fail an up or down vote in the House and had no chance in hell of ever passing the Senate, much less being sustained WHEN Obama vetoed it if by some miracle the democrats voted for positions vehemently opposed by their constituents. Every sane person in D.C. including Cruz knew it was impossible, but he was calling them cowards etc. for not standing with him. The only way that strategy works is to grind the country to a halt and hold the entire country hostage to their demands and to burn it all down unless they got their way.

It's kind of funny watching the GOP eat its own but ultimately we need a functioning opposition to the democrats in D.C and right now the national GOP is just batcrap crazy.

Exactly. Calling the act of doing what it takes to keep the country from flying off the rails is not "caving." The shame is that so many people on the Right fail to understand how this place works. The Left has a much smaller crowd of delusional lunatics. But, that group of idealists is just as bad in that respect. They both have no clue.

LOL

As a conservative, you should know that "pride" is one of the seven deadly sins.

:) An excellent point. A better word would have been "satisfaction".

I decided to stick it out last night and watch the full hour of Hannity. For the record, I lost about 12 IQ points. I had to work very hard today to get them back.

I decided to stick it out last night and watch the full hour of Hannity. For the record, I lost about 12 IQ points. I had to work very hard today to get them back.

That's what happens to me everytime I listen to Alex Jones.

Back
Top Bottom