• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Hannity calls for Ryan to be purged from The Party

Einzige

Elitist as Hell.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?postshare=6021476937316956&tid=ss_tw

Fascinating that Randroid Ryan isn't ideologically pure enough for Mikhail Suslov here.

Ryan....an Ayn Rand devotee...and the most likely next Republican President. If the base rejects him, it'll be a while before the Republicans own the administration again. I don't see anyone nearly as savvy and popular as he is. He's the whole package...height, good looks, hard worker, experienced, good character, thinks fast on his feet, good debater. Rubio doesn't come close, who I think may be who the Republicans push the most.

I detest Ryan. But who the **** does Sean Hannity think he is? **** him and anyone who looks or thinks like him.

Hannity is a cancer.

I detest Ryan. But who the **** does Sean Hannity think he is? **** him and anyone who looks or thinks like him.

He is the King of the Basket. That's who he is.

GOP lawmaker: Move to oust Ryan grows over speaker's tepid support of Trump - CNNPolitics.com

Rep. Mark Meadows said Thursday the effort to remove Speaker Paul Ryan is "picking up some steam" because many GOP lawmakers and a stream of callers to the North Carolinian's congressional offices are incensed the Wisconsin Republican hasn't embraced fully Donald Trump's candidacy for president.

"A lot of people who believe so desperately that we need to put Donald Trump in the White House -- they question the loyalty of the speaker," Meadows told radio host Tyler Cralle of WAAV radio in Wilmington, North Carolina.

Don't be stupid
Be a smarty
Come and join
The Republican Party

I doubt if Ryan even wants the job and expect him to say "Have at it boys, she's all yours." The crazy caucus in the GOP won't pass anything the Senate will agree to or Hillary will sign, so whoever is speaker will probably have to get democrats to sign on as part of a government coalition to pass bills just to keep the lights on, so why would he take on that job only for Hannity and other idiots to stab him in the back?

Ryan....an Ayn Rand devotee...and the most likely next Republican President. If the base rejects him, it'll be a while before the Republicans own the administration again. I don't see anyone nearly as savvy and popular as he is. He's the whole package...height, good looks, hard worker, experienced, good character, thinks fast on his feet, good debater. Rubio doesn't come close, who I think may be who the Republicans push the most.

One of the most interesting aspects of this election is how the most loud-mouthed conservatives on the planet--Hannity, Limbaugh and Coulter--have thrown in with a guy who defines the word RINO--Donald Trump. Now they turn on the one guy who is the most likely face of conservatism for the future. Ryan would be wise to ignore the rantings of these unprincipled blowhards and do what is best for the party. In 20 days Trump will nothing more than an ingrown toe nail on the footnote of history and Ryan will be the guy that has the unenviable task of rebuilding the party.

I doubt Ryan pays much attention in Insan-hitty's opinion. Ryan might have had a chance against Clinton. BLW, Ayn Rand died broke and on Social Security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ory.html?postshare=6021476937316956&tid=ss_tw

Fascinating that Randroid Ryan isn't ideologically pure enough for Mikhail Suslov here.

Here you go: Conservatives Are The New RINOs.

"With Trump at the helm, many conservative or libertarian-leaning Republicans are asking themselves: do I even belong here? Is this still the party of Reagan, or has it morphed into something else?"

Conservatives Are The New RINOs

Trump isn't a conservative, he is as his supporters call him, a populist or a nationalist or even a nativist. Rarely do they use the term conservative any more. Quite a lot of Trump's lifelong held political views are indeed liberal. I will say this, with Trump at the helm, there is no room for me. I am more of a Goldwater conservative, a traditional conservative and Trump isn't one of these. Apparently Hannity isn't a conservative anymore either.

**** Sean Hannity. He and Sarah Palin and the other Trump fluffers tried to get Ryan ousted from his seat, and that effort failed. He's an assclown.

I look forward to hearing that Hannity goes to work for TrumpTV when The Donald loses the election.

Here you go: Conservatives Are The New RINOs.

"With Trump at the helm, many conservative or libertarian-leaning Republicans are asking themselves: do I even belong here? Is this still the party of Reagan, or has it morphed into something else?"

Conservatives Are The New RINOs

Trump isn't a conservative, he is as his supporters call him, a populist or a nationalist or even a nativist. Rarely do they use the term conservative any more. Quite a lot of Trump's lifelong held political views are indeed liberal. I will say this, with Trump at the helm, there is no room for me. I am more of a Goldwater conservative, a traditional conservative and Trump isn't one of these. Apparently Hannity isn't a conservative anymore either.

Trump isn't a conservative. Never has been, and never will be. I'm with you on the Trump at the helm thing. If, God forbid, Trump wins, I will leave the GOP. The fact that Hannity has made his career on "I'm a conservative", when he's pushing this ignorant clown pretending to be conservative, really frosts me.

To play devil's advocate on the issue of semantics, 'conservatism' has not meant open markets and pro-business policy always and everywhere. European conservatism has a long-existing strain of ultra-Statist, "throne and altar" conservatism in particular. , going back to mercantilism and Joseph de Maistre. Interwar fascism owed a heavy debt to that brand of conservatism.

Trump isn't a Goldwaterite, but he isn't too far removed from de Maistre, or from Richard Nixon for that matter.

Trump isn't a conservative. Never has been, and never will be. I'm with you on the Trump at the helm thing. If, God forbid, Trump wins, I will leave the GOP. The fact that Hannity has made his career on "I'm a conservative", when he's pushing this ignorant clown pretending to be conservative, really frosts me.

Hannity does things and says things that he thinks will increase his viewership. Trump has spent the majority of his life as a Democrat. Adding the years up, Trump has been a Republican three different times for a total of 17 years. He has been an independent as recently as 2012 for a total of 4 years and a member of my tiny Reform Party for a year. For the 70 year old, all the rest of the years he was a Democrat. That leaves 48 years or 30 if one goes with 18 being old enough to decide what one is on their own.

It will always seem very strange that the Republican Party would nominate someone who just switched back to being a Republican in 2012. Just looking at his political party history shows he has no loyalty to any party. Reagan switched once, Trump has done it at least seven times that I know about. Sounds like more of an opportunist who uses political affiliation to enhance his business and not his ideology if he even has a political philosophy outside of Trump first.

To play devil's advocate on the issue of semantics, 'conservatism' has not meant open markets and pro-business policy always and everywhere. European conservatism has a long-existing strain of ultra-Statist, "throne and altar" conservatism in particular. , going back to mercantilism and Joseph de Maistre. Interwar fascism owed a heavy debt to that brand of conservatism.

Trump isn't a Goldwaterite, but he isn't too far removed from de Maistre, or from Richard Nixon for that matter.

Trump isn't fit to wipe Richard Nixon's boots.

Oh ****ing please. Why do libs always think they know what's best for the GOP? Where has nominating RINOs gotten us? :roll:

One of the most interesting aspects of this election is how the most loud-mouthed conservatives on the planet--Hannity, Limbaugh and Coulter--have thrown in with a guy who defines the word RINO--Donald Trump. Now they turn on the one guy who is the most likely face of conservatism for the future. Ryan would be wise to ignore the rantings of these unprincipled blowhards and do what is best for the party. In 20 days Trump will nothing more than an ingrown toe nail on the footnote of history and Ryan will be the guy that has the unenviable task of rebuilding the party.

Oh good grief, not you too. :(

Trump isn't fit to wipe Richard Nixon's boots.

But he's the logical conclusion of Nixon's blend of selective economic interventionism (there's a reason that blue-collar whites sided with the Nixon Administration during the Hard Hat riots, and it wasn't just racism - Nixon directed welfare spending their way) and racial dogwhistling. Given the choice, the new Republican base really would prefer Big Government Conservatism to Reaganism.

Oh ****ing please. Why do libs always think they know what's best for the GOP? Where has nominating RINOs gotten us? :roll:

I'm an independent. I voted for Reagan and Ross Perot, in addn to Democratic Party candidates. Here's a kicker for you: I voted for Trump in the primary.

By your definition, Reagan is a rino.

Vote for an angry extremist again and see if the results are different from this time.

Ryan's got it all, and he's charismatic with a sense of humor. He smiles (so different from the current GOP candidate). IMO, he'd be hard to beat.

He's hardly a rino. He's a libertarian, I think.. Look up Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged (Ryan's "Bible").

Last edited:
Oh good grief, not you too. :(

Trump is a RINO. That's not even arguable. Hes been a liberal his entire life. There isn't a single conservative issue he could make an intellectual argument for. Not one.

Ryan....an Ayn Rand devotee...and the most likely next Republican President. If the base rejects him, it'll be a while before the Republicans own the administration again. I don't see anyone nearly as savvy and popular as he is. He's the whole package...height, good looks, hard worker, experienced, good character, thinks fast on his feet, good debater.
Rubio doesn't come close, who I think may be who the Republicans push the most.

With some outfits the perfect is the enemy of the good.

The GOP has a lot of people who would have made better candidates than Trump but none of them ended up on top of the ticket.

Trump is a RINO. That's not even arguable. Hes been a liberal his entire life. There isn't a single conservative issue he could make an intellectual argument for. Not one.

He sounds extreme right insofar as abortion (but personally, I don't believe for a second that he's pro-life; I'd wager he's paid for more than a few abortions in his day, or he'd have 20 kids claiming inheritance).

Back
Top Bottom