• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Haneen Zuabi is facing death threats

RyrineaHaruno

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Gaza flotilla activist faces death threats | World news | The Guardian

So a member of the Israeli Knesset is getting death threats for being in the flotilla.

While other activists from the Gaza aid flotilla have returned home, one is left facing death threats and abuse in Israel. Haneen Zuabi, a Palestinian member of the Israeli Knesset who was aboard the Mavi Marmara, is now under armed protection after nearly 500 people signed up to a Facebook page calling for her execution.

Well.. she condemned the government she itself part of.. take an american senator that suddenly leaves to Afghanistan and starts to spit on American soldiers there because they fighting terrorism there.
THE SAME!

Oh, so this Arab-Israeli Knesset member spit on the Israeli commandos who boarded the Mavi Mamara?

Kind of reminds one of Jane Fonda?

Oh, so this Arab-Israeli Knesset member spit on the Israeli commandos who boarded the Mavi Mamara?

She participated this anti-Israeli act.. so hell yeah! shescreamed at the soldiers that they are Fascist and deserve to die...
She doesnt deserve to be a Knesset member for the way she acted.
If it was a senator who acted against the US, i bet he would have immediately been removed with no Senat discussion about it.

Last edited:
She participated this anti-Israeli act.. so hell yeah! shescreamed at the soldiers that they are Fascist and deserve to die...
If it was a senator who acted against the US, i bet he would have immediately been removed with no Senat discussion about it.
Delivering humantiarian aid to Gaza is an anti-Israel act? Please, stop kidding yourself.

And do you have any proof she called the Israeli commandos facists that should die?

Link please

I have been told that her 'crime' was that she lied. She said there was shooting before the Navy got on the boat

"Israel wanted many deaths to terrorise us and to send a message that no future aid convoys should try to break the siege of Gaza," she told journalists this week.

Zuabi said that naval boats surrounded the Mavi Marmara and fired on it before soldiers abseiled aboard from a helicopter. She went below to the ship's hold and said that, within minutes, two dead passengers were brought inside, followed by two more who had been seriously wounded.

soldiers refused her requests for medical assistance for the injured passengers, who died shortly after.

Zuabi – known in Israel as an articulate Hebrew speaker – said that soldiers specifically asked her to translatetheir instructions. At first, she refused. "I shouted back, 'Why didn't you ask for my help before you murdered these people?'"

But she realised that such assistance could prevent further violence. "My fear was that miscommunication and panic could lead to more deaths," she said. "Everyone on the boat was terrified, screaming and crying and I felt a sense of responsibility towards them."

Zuabi spent the next few hours conveying the Israeli soldiers' instructions to the passengers as they were searched, while also relaying concern over injured passengers and requests for water, medicine or to pray.

i understand she has been deprived of her Knesset privileges, to leave the country, diplomatic immunity and one more I cannot remember.

Too many people have said they saw and heard shots being fired before the Israeli's boarded for me not to suspect the passengers at least believed that was the case.

(I must go to bed now ;))

Too many people have said they saw and heard shots being fired before the Israeli's boarded for me not to suspect the passengers at least believed that was the case.

Or they've all just intended to lie from the beginning.
Those activists were there for the sake of propaganda, after all.

You didn't seem to care when it was Ehud Barak or folks like him that were getting death threats.
Kinda suspicious, won't ya say?

You took the words out of my mouth here.

I do not agree she should be kicked out of the Knesset though, or that her citizenship would be revoked as some here suggests. She was onboard a hostile ship with 600 other passengers that doesn't mean she is to be accused of other's action. If this is the case our PM should have been in jail for inciting to murder PM Rabin. She is very radical and anti-Israeli in her opinions but she is an Israeli and she was chosen to the Knesset.

No she committed an overt act of treason by siding with overt enemies of Israel, three of the five ships involved in the jihad flotilla (including the one she was on) which is a radical Islamist organization which has numerous links to Hamas and various other jihadist networks. The IHH is the Turkish equivalent of the Holy Land Foundation in the U.S..

Last edited:
You didn't seem to care when it was Ehud Barak or folks like him that were getting death threats.

This may be in a thread and I have missed it but if it is not, why not just state that this is also happening with link. I certainly did not know about any death threats till this thread.

Anyway, she needs to be kicked out of the Knesset.
Taking part in a flotila that its crew has tried to murder the soldiers of your country is way out of line.

There is as yet no evidence that the crew tried to murder anyone and certainly no evidence that this is what they intended. You are judging an enquiry before the facts are known. That there was fighting on the upper deck is known. Why is not known. You also do not mention that passengers of the boat tried to help wounded soldiers.

Your justice and condemnation of a person before the facts are known is concerning. Known for certain she was on a protest ship which ended with fighting and fatalities.

If it is her simply being on the protest ship to protest against Gaza, your lack of believe in free speech and conscience for those of the Knesset is concerning. You of course have the right to oppose her views, but not wanting her in your parliament for them does show a disrespect for democracy.

No she committed an overt act of treason by siding with overt enemies of Israel, three of the five ships involved in the jihad flotilla (including the one she was on) which is a radical Islamist organization which has numerous links to Hamas and various other jihadist networks. The IHH is the Turkish equivalent of the Holy Land Foundation in the U.S..

Overt act of treason. ROFL

I haven't seen spin like that in weeks.

This may be in a thread and I have missed it but if it is not, why not just state that this is also happening with link. I certainly did not know about any death threats till this thread.
Why would I make a thread about such a meaningless topic?
Politicians get death threats all of the time.
There is as yet no evidence that the crew tried to murder anyone and certainly no evidence that this is what they intended.
Actually there is a lot of evidence.
The pictures published on the Turkish media, the footage published by the IDF and the cold weapons found on board of the ship should be enough to accuse the activists with an attempt at murder in a courtroom.
You are judging an enquiry before the facts are known.
Did you watch the footage video?
Do you want to tell me that it's not obvious that they're attempting to stab soldiers, and throw them off the top deck from great heights?
That there was fighting on the upper deck is known. Why is not known. You also do not mention that passengers of the boat tried to help wounded soldiers.
According to them yes, and that's not so unreasonable.
You're forgetting that we're speaking here about a group of about 100 people, who were a minority even amongst the Mavi Marmara crew.
Your justice and condemnation of a person before the facts are known is concerning. Known for certain she was on a protest ship which ended with fighting and fatalities.
Your attempt to defend an avoided murder is what's concerning here.
If it is her simply being on the protest ship to protest against Gaza, your lack of believe in free speech and conscience for those of the Knesset is concerning. You of course have the right to oppose her views, but not wanting her in your parliament for them does show a disrespect for democracy.
Free speech is not my issue here.
Free speech was really not involved.
Learn your rights better, you won't be able to protect them in a time of need if you don't even know what they are.

What I am against here is her taking part in a flotila that has people on that have attempted to murder Israeli soldiers.
That for itself should be enough to kick her from the Knesset, but I would argue that she should stand to a trial first to uncover the truth about her at its whole.

Overt act of treason. ROFL

I haven't seen spin like that in weeks.

You don't read your own comments, Degreez?
Can't say I'm surprised.

Why would I make a thread about such a meaningless topic?
Politicians get death threats all of the time.

I was not asking you to make a thread on it. You simply have no right to make snide remarks to RyrineaHaruno for not speaking about this if you did not had not made her aweare of it.
Actually there is a lot of evidence.
The pictures published on the Turkish media, the footage published by the IDF and the cold weapons found on board of the ship should be enough to accuse the activists with an attempt at murder in a courtroom.
Did you watch the footage video?
There is evidence that there was a fight where people used whatever they had at hand, not weapons in response to an army attack. The reason for this action has not yet been found.

Do you want to tell me that it's not obvious that they're attempting to stab soldiers, and throw them off the top deck from great heights?
According to them yes, and that's not so unreasonable.
You're forgetting that we're speaking here about a group of about 100 people, who were a minority even amongst the Mavi Marmara crew.
Your attempt to defend an avoided murder is what's concerning here.
Further in this instance you are blaming a member of your own Parliament for your imagined story of what was going on, without trial.

There has not been an inquiry. You do not just deal with facts. You conduce kangaroo courts.

Free speech is not my issue here.
Free speech was really not involved.
Learn your rights better, you won't be able to protect them in a time of need if you don't even know what they are.

Free speach is her right to have her own view on Gaza. You cannot stand that so you try to imply she is in some way a terrorist. You show your distain for free democracy.

What I am against here is her taking part in a flotila that has people on that have attempted to murder Israeli soldiers.
That for itself should be enough to kick her from the Knesset, but I would argue that she should stand to a trial first to uncover the truth about her at its whole.

There is no proof that this flotilla had the intention of murdering Israeli soldiers - far from it. If there is proof to come we have not seen it yet. Like I said you believe in Kagaroo courts.

I was not asking you to make a thread on it. You simply have no right to make snide remarks to RyrineaHaruno for not speaking about this if you did not had not made her aweare of it.

You were all aware of it
http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/63436-barak-receives-death-threat.html

And you can easily just copy and paste this reply to here:
shows that one side does not have a monopoly on fanatics.
Those death threats are from the outlines of our society though many believe that she should be banished from the Knesset, I do not believe that Apoc would like to see her being assasinated for her actions.

Last edited:
That is an assumption that everyone reads all the threads and posts. I certainly do not have time for all that. If you look back to what I originally said to Apocalypse, I asked if he had mentioned this on another thread which I had missed.

Again you are showing a mentality of wishing to judge people without knowing facts.

Of course you missed that thread, you do not care for the Israeli politicians getting death threats unless they are Arabs...

I actually have the right, it's called Freedom of Speech and that you oppose it is very concerning.
There is evidence that there was a fight where people used whatever they had at hand, not weapons in response to an army attack. The reason for this action has not yet been found.
There is evidence that the activists have lynched soldiers without the soldiers attacking them first.
Further in this instance you are blaming a member of your own Parliament for your imagined story of what was going on, without trial.
I am blaming her for being on the flotilla - that is a fact.
I am blaming her for lies about the attacks on the soldiers of her country - that is a fact.
So far I haven't stated anything about her that is really not considered a fact.
There has not been an inquiry. You do not just deal with facts. You conduce kangaroo courts.
I lay my analysis based on the sufficient evidence.
I didn't see you up in arms about it when Israel was initially blamed with the murder of those violent activists.
Free speach is her right to have her own view on Gaza. You cannot stand that so you try to imply she is in some way a terrorist. You show your distain for free democracy.
I am not against her having an opinion on Gaza, just like I'm not going to say that her words against the soldiers should have been censored, since I do believe in free speech.
I will however say that due to her activity and lies she should not be in the Knesset.
Just like a British prime minister stating that British soldiers are murdering civilians in Afghanistan would most probably cause the public to call for his resignment or to the Parliament to vote on distrust.
That's completely legitimate.
There is no proof that this flotilla had the intention of murdering Israeli soldiers - far from it. If there is proof to come we have not seen it yet. Like I said you believe in Kagaroo courts.
In other words, you haven't even seen the videos.
There is quite a lot evidence that the flotilla activists were lynching and trying to kill soldiers that came on board.

You were all aware of it
http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/63436-barak-receives-death-threat.html

And you can easily just copy and paste this reply to here:

Those death threats are from the outlines of our society though many believe that she should be banished from the Knesset, I do not believe that Apoc would like to see her being assasinated for her actions.

I am completely against death threats, I believe any rational person would be as well.
I am also against hypocrisy though, and the hypocrisy here is showing.

I actually have the right, it's called Freedom of Speech and that you oppose it is very concerning.
You may have the right to say it, but your accusation towards RyrineaHaruno that she didn't
seem to care when it was Ehud Barak or folks like him that were getting death threats.

has been shown to be baseless and so is a false accusation. I think you play with things a lot trying to change the meaning. This conversation being one example.

There is evidence that the activists have lynched soldiers without the soldiers attacking them first.

Apocalypse do you know what the word lynched actually means. No soldiers are dead. No one was lynched, though what that would have to do with the lady this thread is about is beyond me.

I am blaming her for lies about the attacks on the soldiers of her country - that is a fact.
then as in another thread, you are engaging in a kangaroo court. The truth of what happened is not yet known.

So far I haven't stated anything about her that is really not considered a fact.

So far what you have said is simply your opinion or the opinion of others which you have copied.

I lay my analysis based on the sufficient evidence.

There is not sufficient evidence. Other things which you previously stated were facts have been shown not to be so. You judge before there is time for any proper investigation into what happened.

I didn't see you up in arms about it when Israel was initially blamed with the murder of those violent activists.
I have been waiting throughout until their is sufficient information for me to come to my opinion.

I am not against her having an opinion on Gaza, just like I'm not going to say that her words against the soldiers should have been censored, since I do believe in free speech.
Hmn well you gave that impression.

I will however say that due to her activity and lies she should not be in the Knesset.

Which indeed I am sure it is. Our Parliament has people with widely different view, not as much as before we started on this neo liberal gangplank, but nonetheless different views. A member of the Knesset does well to make themselves as aware of diverse situations as they can so that they have sufficient knowledge on which to debate.

Just like a British prime minister stating that British soldiers are murdering civilians in Afghanistan would most probably cause the public to call for his resignment or to the Parliament to vote on distrust.

A British Prime Minister would immediately call in the head of the army and heads would roll if he found out that British soldiers were murdering civilians in Afghanistan. This would be a very serious situation. An independent inquiiry would be required. Indeed this is such a horiffic suggestion I cannot imagine what would happen.

That's completely legitimate.

what

In other words, you haven't even seen the videos.
There is quite a lot evidence that the flotilla activists were lynching and trying to kill soldiers that came on board.

There is no evidence that I have seen of any lynching. No one has been llynched. Will you please stop saying this. Of course I have seen that there was serious fighting going on. The Turks themselves got hold of this and released it immediately. What we do not yet know is what caused the fighting and whether Israel's response was appropriate and proportionate.

We have not yet seen timed sequenses of events and more particularly we have not yet see why 9 people received a total of 30 bullets at close range.

A British Prime Minister would immediately call in the head of the army and heads would roll if he found out that British soldiers were murdering civilians in Afghanistan. This would be a very serious situation. An independent inquiiry would be required. Indeed this is such a horiffic suggestion I cannot imagine what would happen.
I am speaking hypothetically about a case when the British PM accuses his soldiers of murdering people while they haven't.
There is no evidence that I have seen of any lynching. No one has been llynched. Will you please stop saying this. Of course I have seen that there was serious fighting going on. The Turks themselves got hold of this and released it immediately. What we do not yet know is what caused the fighting and whether Israel's response was appropriate and proportionate.

We have not yet seen timed sequenses of events and more particularly we have not yet see why 9 people received a total of 30 bullets at close range.
There was no fighting, there was a violent mob dragging soldiers around the ship and beating them with crowbars, stabbing them with knvies and shooting them with taken pistols.
The pictures taken by the Turkish media under the title of "tears of the commandos", attempting to perhaps humiliate the commandos for not responding earlier is just a shard in the pile of evidence that exists to prove that those activists have engaged in an attempt of murder.
Part of the 30 bullets could just as well be coming from the activists themselves who've opened fire on the soldiers.
Besides that I do not think that it matters so much as to how many bullets did a soldier put in a militant head.

There is not sufficient evidence. Other things which you previously stated were facts have been shown not to be so. You judge before there is time for any proper investigation into what happened.
I have been waiting throughout until their is sufficient information for me to come to my opinion.

Alexa, you pretty much contrasting yourself here..

There is no evidence that I have seen of any lynching. No one has been llynched.
Well.. and i thought that lynching it's when a mob equipped with everything they get, stabbing, hitting, dragging etc.. one or more hopless victims, what exactly happened to the soldiers onboard the ship.. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom