• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Haneen Zuabi is facing death threats

Well.. she condemned the government she itself part of.. take an american senator that suddenly leaves to Afghanistan and starts to spit on American soldiers there because they fighting terrorism there.
THE SAME!

You misunderstand the difference between being a member of a parliament and being a member of a government. As far as I am aware she holds no government post and does not support the Israeli government's policy of blockade. So, not the same at all.

You misunderstand the difference between being a member of a parliament and being a member of a government. As far as I am aware she holds no government post and does not support the Israeli government's policy of blockade. So, not the same at all.

Doesn't matter. She's free to oppose the Israeli government, and in fact that is her role as a member of the Israeli opposition.
However, when she's taking actions (either verbal or physical) against the soldiers of the country she has sworn allegiance to, then sure as hell is she going to be penalized.

Doesn't matter. She's free to oppose the Israeli government, and in fact that is her role as a member of the Israeli opposition.
However, when she's taking actions (either verbal or physical) against the soldiers of the country she has sworn allegiance to, then sure as hell is she going to be penalized.

I'm sure she was aware that participation in the humanitarian mission would bring repercussions once she returned home. I'm not sure it ought to be a capital offence, however. I hope she receives the protection she needs from the Facebook lynch mob.

Her government post is that of MP in the Israeli Knesset. You can't be a member of parliament without being a member of government the two things are mutually exclusive. :roll:

I'm sure she was aware that participation in the humanitarian mission

It wasn't a humanitarian mission it was a Jihadist mission organized and operated bought and payed for by the jihadist IHH. The IHH is the Turkish equivalent of the Holy Land Foundation, if this was in the U.S. she would be brought up on terrorist related charges.

Overt act of treason. ROFL

I haven't seen spin like that in weeks.

It is treason at least according to the U.S.'s definition of treason, I'm not sure how the Israelis define treason, she gave aid and comfort to the enemies of Israel during wartime. Once again the IHH is the Turkish equivalent of America's Holy Land Foundation, they are not charitable organizations they are jihadist fronts used for funneling money into the coffers of international terrorism including AQ and Hamas. That's not spin my ignorant little friend those are the facts.

Last edited:
There is no proof that this flotilla had the intention of murdering Israeli soldiers - far from it. If there is proof to come we have not seen it yet. Like I said you believe in Kagaroo courts.

Bull**** we have the captured weapons along with 3 of the crew expressing their desire to become Shahid and video of them invoking battle cries against the Jews.

I'm sure she was aware that participation in the humanitarian mission would bring repercussions once she returned home. I'm not sure it ought to be a capital offence, however. I hope she receives the protection she needs from the Facebook lynch mob.
Her security was upgraded and she's being given the procedure of death threats security.
Do you hope the same for Ehud Barak, though?

Her government post is that of MP in the Israeli Knesset. You can't be a member of parliament without being a member of government the two things are mutually exclusive. :roll:

Erm... no, that's factually incorrect. Government is the executive branch, parliament is the legislative branch of the body politic. Being an MP you can be either a government MP or an opposition MP. Parliament does not equal Government. You might like to Wiki it to understand the difference.

Her security was upgraded and she's being given the procedure of death threats security.
Do you hope the same for Ehud Barak, though?

Of course, but I have no doubt he's got quite a lot of protection available to him. I don't want to see anyone (else) killed.

Erm... no, that's factually incorrect. Government is the executive branch, parliament is the legislative branch of the body politic.

No government is the parliament, the judiciary, and the executive as well as any bureaucratic state payed job. :roll: Just because she doesn't have a position within the cabinet doesn't mean she isn't a member of government.

Being an MP you can be either a government MP or an opposition MP. Parliament does not equal Government. You might like to Wiki it to understand the difference.

Parliament = the Legislative branch of government regardless if she is a member of the Executive cabinet selected by the head of the majority or not.

I am speaking hypothetically about a case when the British PM accuses his soldiers of murdering people while they haven't.

That would not happen. Our army is under the orders of Parliament not the other way round. If the Prime Minister thought it was immoral he would either not have sent our forces in or would bring them out. It is a difficult one to answer. I doubt if anyone except perhaps George Galloway, who wasn't re-elected would say such a thing of the British Army now. For a very long time, for a lot of people before it began, the Iraq war has been considered wrong. However most of us would not criticise our soldiers unless they really did do something wrong. They are dying for their country after all. Just obeying orders, so we do not blame them. That does not mean Tony Blair was not blamed for the Iraq war by a great many people and that has led to us having an enquiry on why we went in. I am not sure what that came up with or whether it is still deliberating after listening to people. It is unlikely to change a great deal but I think it has resulted in this country being less likely to get into another war (fingers crossed)

I believe that in a parliament every elected person ought to have the right to say what they think passionately if need be. We banned Sinn Fein from even having their voices heard on tv. We still heard what they said but through an actors voice, it was crazy. However we did not start making inroads to peace until our politicians started talking to them.

I have listened to a bit of this lady on youtube, just the bit immediately after the incident. She didn't say anything I thought was reprehensible then though I understand she is quite outspoken. I do not know enough about her to know whether imo it is good or not. She does though seem an intelligent woman. I really would have thought her experience on the boat would be important. She does say she was three floors down so didn't see all that much.
There was no fighting, there was a violent mob dragging soldiers around the ship and beating them with crowbars, stabbing them with knvies and shooting them with taken pistols.

I admit that through being squeamish I chose not to sign up and watch the gory tapes so I have just seem shots of people waving battens. I believe we need to wait and hopefully find out why they acted in this way - and it was a small minority. There were other people looking after injured soldiers. It appears that they were very scared and believed that live fire was coming their way. If people believe they are about to meet their death they react differently. The people were told to be peaceful regardless of what happened. Clearly for some reason these people did not obey that We just need to wait and hope their is a thorough and comprehensive enquiry into why this all happened and what can be learned from it - and there are always things to learn.

The pictures taken by the Turkish media under the title of "tears of the commandos", attempting to perhaps humiliate the commandos for not responding earlier is just a shard in the pile of evidence that exists to prove that those activists have engaged in an attempt of murder.

Like I said I did not watch the gory stuff. I even look away at fake blood in films. However there has been no, zero, no talk of lynching here. That is why I feel confident about that.

Part of the 30 bullets could just as well be coming from the activists themselves who've opened fire on the soldiers.

That seems highly unlikely. The report I saw said the people were shot at very close range and they could tell that none of the bullets were ricochet bullets. I have heard that one of the activist emptied a gun of it's cartridges. Again we can only hope there is a thorough inquiry.

Besides that I do not think that it matters so much as to how many bullets did a soldier put in a militant head.

That to me is one of your problems Apocalypse. Everyone's life is important and it is extremely important how these people were shot. You may be aware that there are stories going around of complete innocents dying. I am not for one moment saying that is the case but it may be the case for some and some may have died who might not have had thy not had so many bullets in them and/or been able to get immediate help from the medics who are available.

All must be looked into.

Last edited:
Alexa, you pretty much contrasting yourself here..

Not at all. I am still waiting with an open mind knowing I cannot yet know the whole story. Apocalypse will know what I was talking about regarding facts which were not facts but that came from another thread. Clealy as you learn bits you have your hunches and even when everything comes out my view may not be what the inquiry decides but it will be based on whatever evidence is presented and how plausible I find it - and how comprehensive it is.

Well.. and i thought that lynching it's when a mob equipped with everything they get, stabbing, hitting, dragging etc.. one or more hopless victims, what exactly happened to the soldiers onboard the ship.. :roll:

Lynching I always understood to be tying a noose around someone's neck and hanging them.

It is treason at least according to the U.S.'s definition of treason, I'm not sure how the Israelis define treason, she gave aid and comfort to the enemies of Israel during wartime. Once again the IHH is the Turkish equivalent of America's Holy Land Foundation, they are not charitable organizations they are jihadist fronts used for funneling money into the coffers of international terrorism including AQ and Hamas. That's not spin my ignorant little friend those are the facts.
Once again:

The majority of the stuff delivered was humanitarian aid. An act of delivering aid to a place in a humanitarian crisis is not an act of treason. Do you have any proof Haneen Zuabi's intent when boarding the flotilla was to provide materials to Hamas that could be used to attack Israel? Otherwise, that is spin and is pathetic for you to consider the bull**** you are spouting as factual.

Once again:

The majority of the stuff delivered was humanitarian aid.

The majority of which was not delivered because they refused the magnanimous Israeli compromise to allow the aid to pass through an Israeli port for inspection before moving on to Gaza, because the Jihad flotilla was never about humanitarian aid.

An act of delivering aid to a place in a humanitarian crisis is not an act of treason.

It was not about humanitarian aid, it was about giving aid and comfort to Hamas through a propaganda coup.

Do you have any proof Haneen Zuabi's intent when boarding the flotilla was to provide materials to Hamas that could be used to attack Israel? Otherwise, that is spin and is pathetic for you to consider the bull**** you are spouting as factual.

No what I am asserting is that Zuab new full well whose ship she was boarding and the true purpose of the mission which was to harm Israel and aid its enemies. To me it seems a clear cut case of treason once again the IHH is the Turkish equivalent to the Holy Land Foundation, it's not the ****ing Red Cross.

The majority of which was not delivered because they refused the magnanimous Israeli compromise to allow the aid to pass through an Israeli port for inspection before moving on to Gaza, because the Jihad flotilla was never about humanitarian aid.
Source that the majority of the stuff on the flotilla was not humanitarian aid? You said you were dealing with facts here. Bring out those facts.
It was not about humanitarian aid, it was about giving aid and comfort to Hamas through a propaganda coup.
Propaganda coup? ROFL. Do you even know what you are saying anymore?
No what I am asserting is that Zuab new full well whose ship she was boarding and the true purpose of the mission which was to harm Israel and aid its enemies. To me it seems a clear cut case of treason once again the IHH is the Turkish equivalent to the Holy Land Foundation, it's not the ****ing Red Cross.
Yet you have no proof, once again, to substantiate what you are asserting. They are empty claims.

Come back when you can prove Zuabi's actions were treasonous, BY DEFINITION, and not by your thought process (where everyone commits treason when they don't agree with you).

Back
Top Bottom