• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hamas, Islamic Jihad being Hamas, Islamic Jihad - Pump up the volume

Fledermaus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Hamas, Islamic Jihad call to step up attacks in West Bank, Jerusalem​

Leaders of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad called for escalating the fight against Israel, especially in the West Bank and Jerusalem, until “the liberation of Palestine.”

The appeal came during a meeting on Wednesday in Beirut between PIJ Secretary-General Ziyad al-Nakhaleh and Saleh al-Arouri, deputy head of the Hamas Politburo.

Maybe they are worried with all the attention being paid to Ukraine they will be forgotten.

Leaders of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad called for escalating the fight against Israel, especially in the West Bank and Jerusalem, until “the liberation of Palestine.”

The appeal came during a meeting on Wednesday in Beirut between PIJ Secretary-General Ziyad al-Nakhaleh and Saleh al-Arouri, deputy head of the Hamas Politburo.

Maybe they are worried with all the attention being paid to Ukraine they will be forgotten.
Nothing worse then Islamic jihadists being attention whores.

The reason for the decision to step up resistance was even given in the article and doesn't even mention the situation in Ukraine.

During the Wednesday meeting, “the two sides discussed the latest developments of the Palestine issue in light of the ongoing Israeli escalation on our land, our people and our holy sites, and the attempts of the occupation authorities to Judaize Jerusalem and displace its people, as well as the continuation of settlement construction, the siege of the Gaza Strip and the abuse of prisoners and detainees,” according to a statement issued by PIJ.

If anything it is the Israeli side that usually takes advantage of international distractions.

Seeing as Ukraine was mentioned in the OP it might be noteworthy to use it as a yardstick to measure the complete hypocrisy of the West . They denounce the occupation of Ukraine and arm its fighters to the teeth but support the Israeli occupation of the Palestinians and arm the occupiers to the teeth .

AS an aside, the PA were also involved in in making the claims about fresh Jewish actions to repress the Palestinians but, because they are now collaborators to the occupation themselves, cannot legitimately join in with the resistance agenda of the other two groups mentioned. That's probably why they have lost the support of a wide swathe of Palestinian society.

The reason for the decision to step up resistance was even given in the article and doesn't even mention the situation in Ukraine.

If anything it is the Israeli side that usually takes advantage of international distractions.

Seeing as Ukraine was mentioned in the OP it might be noteworthy to use it as a yardstick to measure the complete hypocrisy of the West . They denounce the occupation of Ukraine and arm its fighters to the teeth but support the Israeli occupation of the Palestinians and arm the occupiers to the teeth .

AS an aside, the PA were also involved in in making the claims about fresh Jewish actions to repress the Palestinians but, because they are now collaborators to the occupation themselves, cannot legitimately join in with the resistance agenda of the other two groups mentioned. That's probably why they have lost the support of a wide swathe of Palestinian society.

Pump up the terror...

Pump up the terror....

American media pretty much forgot Palestinians except being the baddies since the whole thing began.

I mean i think Palestinians have pretty much given up making much of a positive mark in most American media so i dont think that is Hamas’ angle.

What a pathetic response to what was a mildly humorous take on the matter.

That was supposed to be a funny ? :unsure:

Yeah, because terrorism is hysterical. :rolleyes:

Thank you for admitting we were speaking of Hamas terrorism.

I condemn Hamas terrorism, you defend Israeli state terrorism. Big difference.
And I don't find it "hysterical".

Evidently you are happy to joke about it , so , yeah, you see it as something to joke about. That's exactly what you did and you know it. You even admitted to it.

You yes. Terrorists no.

The comments had nothing to do with what I wrote in that response. You chose to evade the post and engage in a childish, none related, unfunny joke about terrorism.

All you issues.

I condemn Hamas terrorism, you defend Israeli state terrorism. Big difference.

Evidently you are happy to joke about it , so , yeah, you see it as something to joke about. That's exactly what you did and you know it. You even admitted to it.

The comments had nothing to do with what I wrote in that response. You chose to evade the post and engage in a childish, none related, unfunny joke about terrorism.

All you issues.

You have repeatedly denied Hamas acts of terrorism, propaganda, etc.

Own it. Don't lie about it.

You have repeatedly denied Hamas acts of terrorism, propaganda, etc.

Own it. Don't lie about it.

The " lie" is in the above. I deal with the facts and leave the partisan neediness to others like yourself who routinely defends acts of state terrorism IF he supports the state that is engaging in it. You then do a full 180 degree turn when an official enemy engages in in it. Such is the ups and downs of the partisan hack, imo.

The " lie" is in the above. I deal with the facts and leave the partisan neediness to others like yourself who routinely defends acts of state terrorism IF he supports the state that is engaging in it. You then do a full 180 degree turn when an official enemy engages in in it. Such is the ups and downs of the partisan hack, imo.

🤣

Back
Top Bottom