• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Halloween Interlopers...

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
So handing out candy to kids last night, I noticed something strange in our neighborhood, Folks were actually driving in from out of state to go trick or treating in our town.

Strange.

So handing out candy to kids last night, I noticed something strange in our neighborhood, Folks were actually driving in from out of state to go trick or treating in our town. Strange.

Were you giving away 5-pound boxes of chocolates?

So handing out candy to kids last night, I noticed something strange in our neighborhood, Folks were actually driving in from out of state to go trick or treating in our town.

Strange.

I just had to meet the Good Rev, the candy is now displayed on my wall. :2razz:

I heard he was giving out braised short ribs.

Braised????

1535713049_e000f94419_o.jpg

Strange.

LOL - my neighbors refused to go on Saturday night, so last night they had to travel to find a town that did Halloween on Sunday.

How odd.... Is it a religious thing? why not on a sunday?

I prefer it not to be on Sunday, actually. Friday or Saturday are optimal.
Sunday's a school night - and after trick or treating I like to let the kids stay up late, eat candy, watch movies, until they drop off - sleep in the next day. Start Monday well rested.

But I'm sure for everyone who makes those decisions it's purely a religious thing.

Trick-or-treat, specifically, was held on Saturday around here.

It's sad how ridiculous some people are. Trick or Treat was held in my neighborhood on Halloween. If the morons went around on Saturday, they missed the damn candy.

Then they don't DESERVE to celebrate Halloween.

It's a holiday for the kids - not adults. (at least that's how I view it)

What's the point of doing it if the kids can't actually enjoy it? Halloween sucked as a kid when it was on Sunday and we had to go to bed on time - it was purely no fun, bed by 9:00.

I have no problem with doing things on Sunday, though - but the actual trick or treating is so much more enjoyable when its' an entire evening of candy madness and dress up fun that's not shorted by time.

I'm sure some people take advantage of the 2-day hickup and go trick or treating twice, though . . . we don't - but if we did, how freaking awesome.

Last edited:
So do the movie the night before. :shrug: There's no reason kids can't wind down in an hour after T o T. So what if they go to bed a little late. FWIW, my kid goes to bed at 8:30, and I think on Halloween night, he was asleep by 9. No big.

We get all sorts of people who don't live in our neighborhood on Halloween night. It's wild out there! lol The only thing I don't like is the parents who follow their kids around in cars/trucks. There are hundreds of little kids criss crossing the streets that night, and we don't need vehicles adding any safety issues. I've always wanted to put up signs requesting people park at the front and back entrances to the neighborhood and walk around like the rest of us.

Back
Top Bottom