• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Halloween cancelled?

Chillfolks

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
L.A. Halloween trick-or-treating cancelled amid COVID-19 - Los Angeles Times

Trick-or-treating, haunted houses and Halloween parades have been nixed under new Los Angeles County health guidelines.“Since some of the traditional ways in which this holiday is celebrated does not allow you to minimize contact with non-household members, it is important to plan early and identify safer alternatives,” the Department of Public Health said in a statement.
Trick-or-treating won’t be allowed “because it can be very difficult to maintain proper social distancing on porches and at front doors,” health officials said.

I can understand the reason behind the announcement. But how is the city going to stop trick or treating?

What are people hear doing? If your locality nixes trick or treating will you comply? Will you hand out candy to anyone willing to come trick or treating? Those with kids, grandkids are you planning to go trick or treating this year?

Wife and I plan to have candy keep the porch light on and watch Rocky Horror like we do every year.

L.A. Halloween trick-or-treating cancelled amid COVID-19 - Los Angeles Times

I can understand the reason behind the announcement. But how is the city going to stop trick or treating?

What are people hear doing? If your locality nixes trick or treating will you comply? Will you hand out candy to anyone willing to come trick or treating? Those with kids, grandkids are you planning to go trick or treating this year?

Wife and I plan to have candy keep the porch light on and watch Rocky Horror like we do every year.

We'll likely do the same, but not maybe watch the same thing. If I had little kids, they would not go trick or treating this year.

Back
Top Bottom