• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hallmark graduation card - racist?

Is the Hallmark graduation card racist?

• Yes - clearly it is

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • No - clearly it is not

Votes: 47 97.9%
  • Not sure - it's not clear at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - (write comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ockham

Noblesse oblige
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Instructions:

1. Listen to this graduation card

2. Review the News story about the card

3. Take the poll.

Anyone who can't hear "black hole" from that card is trying to hear something else. This is really pathetic.

Just ****ing shoot me. How much more of this crap is going to qualify for a news cycle?? These idiots are running with the premise that Hallmark Cards is publishing/promoting a card with audio citing black whores.

The theme of the card is "space". The audio is "black holes". Plus the fact that Hallmark states the card has been on shelves for 3 frigging years.

btw......If this had been a racist card, the kids would have said "hoes". Nobody sez whores anymore. :roll:

Last edited:
Black holes are offensive to black people? At this rate i'm going to have to start asking for african-american russians at my local bar, which will be sure to confuse some of the natives.

Stupidity to the highest degree. Anyone claiming this card is racist has lost all credibility. What's sad is Hallmark is caving to these idiotic complaints and pulling the card.

This is hands down one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard. I mean seriously, you would think the NAACP has better things to do... guess not.

Being a white man, I am gravely offended by any picture/reference to a "white horse" since clearly the intent is to demonize our women and talk down to white people! Pathetic, yet hilarious.

I think these clowns are doing a great disservice to those who originally founded the NAACP. The NAACP should be put into retirement, they are no longer needed nor are they relevant.

OH. MY. GOD.

Liberals, American society is not racist. Try this at a local bar: chat up a stranger, talk for about ten minutes, and then make a racist comment. I'll bet you money that EVERY ONE OF THEM WILL EITHER CRITICIZE YOU OR WALK AWAY WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING.

GOD.

Last edited:
OH. MY. GOD.

Liberals, American society is not racist. Try this at home: chat up a stranger, talk for about ten minutes, and then make a racist comment. I'll bet you money that EVERY ONE OF THEM WILL EITHER CRITICIZE YOU OR WALK AWAY WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING.

GOD.

First of all, the NAACP doesn't speak for all liberals. Second of all, I dunno. If i was talking with white person and said "Blacks need to get off welfare and get real jobs", a good segment of people would agree or at least not get offended.

First of all, the NAACP doesn't speak for all liberals. Second of all, I dunno. If i was talking with white person and said "Blacks need to get off welfare and get real jobs", a good segment of people would agree or at least not get offended.

Yea...how is this the work of liberals? The NAACP is a special interest group, and yes they ARE more likely to see racism where there is none. Gee, I wonder why?

That doesn't make this issue any less ridiculous, but saying that America does not have racists is pretty naive.

It clearly isn't saying "black whores." Not only does an L sound different than an R, but the O's in "holes" and "whores" are pronounced differently. Racism certainly is still a problem in this country, but this isn't an example of that.

This is a totally BS accusation.

Note the period.

It clearly isn't saying "black whores." Not only does an L sound different than an R, but the O's in "holes" and "whores" are pronounced differently. Racism certainly is still a problem in this country, but this isn't an example of that.
The card is not an example of racism, but the response by the NAACP is an example of racism.

I'm beginning to think it is the liberals who are more racist than any other segment of society. They assume to know how a majority of people would react to certain situations. Maybe that's because that's how they, and their friends would react. They bring race up every chance they get when race has nothing to do with it 99.9% of the time. They just like to stir up trouble to insure they keep the black vote.

Yea...how is this the work of liberals? The NAACP is a special interest group, and yes they ARE more likely to see racism where there is none. Gee, I wonder why?

That doesn't make this issue any less ridiculous, but saying that America does not have racists is pretty naive.
Nobody's saying that America doesn't have racists. Where'd you get that? Oh, right, nowhere.

America has serial killers, sure. But are there enough of them that it justifies America being called a society of serial killers?

Last edited:
This is a totally BS accusation.

Note the period.

The card is not an example of racism, but the response by the NAACP is an example of racism.

How is accusing people of racism an example of racism? I don't understand your reasoning here.

I'm beginning to think it is the liberals who are more racist than any other segment of society. They assume to know how a majority of people would react to certain situations. Maybe that's because that's how they, and their friends would react. They bring race up every chance they get when race has nothing to do with it 99.9% of the time. They just like to stir up trouble to insure they keep the black vote.

Are you disagreeing with my statement? It's what I've noticed from emperical evidence in my life. I also have lived in both liberal areas (urban Sacramento) and VERY conservative areas (rural orchard country in the Sacramento Valley), and this seems true both places. Conservatives, I've noticed, have been increasingly frequently using the "race card card", whining about how much they're accused of racism, even when it happens fairly rarely, and usually targeted at specific people.

Stupidity to the highest degree. Anyone claiming this card is racist has lost all credibility. What's sad is Hallmark is caving to these idiotic complaints and pulling the card.

Stupid people's money is as valuable as smart people's money.

Last edited:
This is definitely racist absolutely, Hallmark should be absolutely ashamed, how dare they say "Black Hoes"... Goodness gracious me!!!!

This card company should be shut for it's distgusting racist behaviour!!!

[/sarcasm]

Last edited:
Anyone who can't hear "black hole" from that card is trying to hear something else. This is really pathetic.

It's nothing. It's just a bunch of retarded people running their retarded mouths about crap they can't ever back up. I hate stupidity of this level. It clearly says black hole, it has been clarified and explained well and reasonably. Anyone left still running their mouths against this card are nothing more than attention whores.

How is accusing people of racism an example of racism? I don't understand your reasoning here.
Accusing people of racism is not an example of racism. Never said it was.

However, accusing people of racism based on this flimsy a reason indicates to me that the accusers are predisposed to expect racism, and biased against those who they consider most likely to be racist. Which I consider in turn to be at the least biased, and at the worst racist.

I may be incorrect.

But the very fact that they went ahead with such an accusation, dispite it's obviously invalid nature, indicates to me that preventing racism is not the goal here.

However, accusing people of racism based on this flimsy a reason indicates to me that the accusers are predisposed to expect racism, and biased against those who they consider most likely to be racist. Which I consider in turn to be at the least biased, and at the worst racist.

I may be incorrect.

But the very fact that they went ahead with such an accusation, dispite it's obviously invalid nature, indicates to me that preventing racism is not the goal here.

Guess everybody is entitled to their 15 minutes of fame. These folks found their opportunity and took advantage of it.

The dog barks. And the caravan moves on..... :)

I may be incorrect.

Racism is holding a preconcieved view against someone because of their race. This may be considered race-mongering, but to call it racism cheapens the word

Racism is holding a preconceived view against someone because of their race. This may be considered race-mongering, but to call it racism cheapens the word
I called it racism because I was of the opinion that those who accused Hallmark of selling a racist greeting card were working with a preconceived expectation of racism. Which very closely fits your definition.

But perhaps I am incorrect.

Are you disagreeing with my statement? It's what I've noticed from emperical evidence in my life. I also have lived in both liberal areas (urban Sacramento) and VERY conservative areas (rural orchard country in the Sacramento Valley), and this seems true both places. Conservatives, I've noticed, have been increasingly frequently using the "race card card", whining about how much they're accused of racism, even when it happens fairly rarely, and usually targeted at specific people.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive, but I don't think so.
Being called a racist is one of the most disgusting things a person can be called. Since Obama became president the word is being thrown around all time, even by former presidents when discussing conservatives and the tea parties. I know it's just a political ploy by Dems and the Media to discredit the tea parties but it still hurts. I am not a racist. I don't care what color our president is, but just because he's black doesn't mean I should shut up and not speak out against the destruction of our country and constitution.
If we were truly a racist country we would not have a black president. I will give Obama that much. He's not the one bringing race into it, though he's not speaking out against those who are.

Back
Top Bottom