• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Half your Age Plus Seven

Good Rule?

• Total voters
Who the hell cares? So long as both parties are legal, what difference does it make?

Are you kidding me? My DH is only 4 1/2 years younger than me and I feel like I'm raising another child...that never grows up...:lol:

Are you kidding me? My DH is only 4 1/2 years younger than me and I feel like I'm raising another child...that never grows up...:lol:

So you could go as low as 17 without any significant problem?;)

So you could go as low as 17 without any significant problem?;)

Hey, I never thought of it that way...except I couldn't keep up...if ya know what I mean...:2razz:

Alabaman Republicans prefer half your age minus 2.

Who the hell cares? So long as both parties are legal, what difference does it make?

It's not an illegality thing it's a socially acceptable thing.

It's not an illegality thing it's a socially acceptable thing.
It depends on what social circles you walk in.
I'm 55 and would have no problem going to dinner with a well rounded mature 29 year old. Going out in other countries would be even more acceptable.

True story.

My grandfather's uncle married a woman who was 40 when he was 20. Keep in mind my grandfather was born in 1917. They were married for over 50 years.

Oh. BTW :lol:

O6fSljE.png

That would be 19 years my junior or, roughly, old enough to be my daughter. Probably not a good idea.:lol:

No, bad idea. :lol:

My daughter is 28, I'd be looking at 32... weird to say the least.

I'm 40, Sally is 10, I'm 4 times her age, she waits 5 years and I'm now 3 times her age, we wait 15 more years, I'm 60, Sally 30, now only twice her age, how long until she catches up? Badump bump.

How about we all agree to a rule that sexualizing kids is indecent and wrong, marital fidelity is something to admire, and that who people of consenting age are attracted to is their business and nobody else's?

So you're in the as long as it's legal camp it's socially acceptable? Do you have a line? Like 70 and 18? Tony Randall?

True story.

My grandfather's uncle married a woman who was 40 when he was 20. Keep in mind my grandfather was born in 1917. They were married for over 50 years.

My grandfather and grandmother were 15 and 21 when they married in 1907...perfectly acceptable back then...

That would be 19 years my junior or, roughly, old enough to be my daughter. Probably not a good idea.:lol:

i don't see anything wrong with 52 year old dating a 33 year old...

math is fun.

i don't see anything wrong with 52 year old dating a 33 year old...

math is fun.

Try the formula for oldest dating partner using 52 as your age and get back to me............

Try the formula for oldest dating partner using 52 as your age and get back to me............

half you age plus 7 plus is guideline to determine how young you can date...

So a 90 year old can go as low 52... happy?

Back
Top Bottom