• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Half Of 2015 Murder Increase Came From Three Cities

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A recent study by the Brennan Center for Justice shows that more than half of all of the murder increases in the United States were centered in just three cities: Baltimore, Maryland; Chicago, Illinois; and Washington, D.C. That’s an incredible statistic when you stop and think about it. Over half of U.S. murder increases came from just three cities.
Chuck Baldwin -- Half Of 2015 Murder Increases Came From Three Cities

Uhm ok

And your point? Or agenda?

Other than telling folks not to relocate to these cities

Last edited:
What are the gun laws in those cities?

Wonder if those cities are liberal strongholds...???

I suspect that list could be trimmed down to just a few bad sections of those cities.

Ah I see

There is an agenda

Another gun rights thread, jeesh are there not enough of those, without creating another

No, not about guns.. About liberals creating cesspools of violence..

See post #3

It confirmed my suspicion

The last thing this forum needs is another gun thread

A recent study by the Brennan Center for Justice shows that more than half of all of the murder increases in the United States were centered in just three cities: Baltimore, Maryland; Chicago, Illinois; and Washington, D.C. That’s an incredible statistic when you stop and think about it. Over half of U.S. murder increases came from just three cities.

Not incredible when the increase is small. After all, half of a small number is an even smaller number

And according to this article, St Louis had the 2nd largest increase in the murder rate
US murder rate sees sharp increase in 2015 - BBC News

Last edited:
See post #3

Why? Don't like the outcomes of the gun threads on this forum? R U A banner?

Why? Don't like the outcomes of the gun threads on this forum? R U A banner?

I don't give a rats ass what the outcome is, just get tired of seeing gun nuts claim that unless your a neo con everyone wants to take your guns. Keep them, my point is the OP didn't have the balls to come right out and indicate his agenda, it's **** stirring from the gun nuts, masquerading as being concerned with crime in those 3 cities. There are more important issues than the multiple gun posts, there are more than enough to add too without creating another. Here is a novel approach, why don't we discuss the reasons and possible solutions to the problems in these cities, without the pro gun folks grandstanding? And ya it did not take long (Post 3) for the conversation to turn in that direction. It was fairly obvious from the start, just calling it like I see it. I carried a gun in Iraqi for 3 tours, I do not own one, or intend to purchase a gun, does that mean I want to take your guns, hell no, its America freedom of choice.

Last edited:

When I clicked on your link Google Chrome told me that it contains Malware. My guess is that your source isn't as reliable as you think. I suggest you take the time to download Malwarebytes. It's free, it's safe, and it will probably save your computer. What's even more amazing is that it's not a gun.

When I clicked on your link Google Chrome told me that it contains Malware. My guess is that your source isn't as reliable as you think. I suggest you take the time to download Malwarebytes. It's free, it's safe, and it will probably save your computer. What's even more amazing is that it's not a gun.

Does that Malwarebytes actually work?

What are the gun laws in those cities?

Draconian, liberal ones.

Wonder if those cities are liberal strongholds...???

Count on it! liberal disaster zones!

I suspect that list could be trimmed down to just a few bad sections of those cities.

I suspect that you are wrong. Portland, Or. has had a 25% increase in gang related shootings(read Black gang members) in 2016...and the violence is "city wide".
I suspect, that the same crapola, is going on in the cities listed.

Exactly!!

See post #3

It was a mere question, not what the OP is about. It is about the violence being committed in 3 cities, run by Democrats. The "systemic failure" of liberals and their actions!

This is why we should ban cities. ;)

OR

Guns don't kill people, cities kill people.

I don't give a rats ass what the outcome is, just get tired of seeing gun nuts claim that unless your a neo con everyone wants to take your guns. Keep them, my point is the OP didn't have the balls to come right out and indicate his agenda, it's **** stirring from the gun nuts, masquerading as being concerned with crime in those 3 cities. There are more important issues than the multiple gun posts, there are more than enough to add too without creating another. Here is a novel approach, why don't we discuss the reasons and possible solutions to the problems in these cities, without the pro gun folks grandstanding? And ya it did not take long (Post 3) for the conversation to turn in that direction. It was fairly obvious from the start, just calling it like I see it. I carried a gun in Iraqi for 3 tours, I do not own one, or intend to purchase a gun, does that mean I want to take your guns, hell no, its America freedom of choice.

It's about crime in big cities, as I see it, and although guns may be a part of the equation, they are not the focus of this article.
Discussing the reasonable solutions would be to stop voting in liberal Democrats and stop pacifying the Black communities with promises they can't, and don't keep!
Hillary and obama are prime examples. Many platitudes from both, and divisive actions from both! Democrats haven't helped the Black communities.....truth be told, they don't help anyone except themselves. Ditto, from some Republicans.
I didn't post this about guns, so you are wrong there and guns aren't even mentioned in the OP. You are trying to make this into something it isn't.
I carried a gun in SE Asia, enjoy the hell out of guns and own many. So what? It has nothing to do with the OP. Please try and stay on topic.

Considering that most cities are run by Democrats then.....

Bingo! And a sad state of affairs it is.

Good tip, thank you.

Draconian, liberal ones.

I suspect that you are wrong. Portland, Or. has had a 25% increase in gang related shootings(read Black gang members) in 2016...and the violence is "city wide".

Exactly!!

It was a mere question, not what the OP is about. It is about the violence being committed in 3 cities, run by Democrats. The "systemic failure" of liberals and their actions!

According to the FBI stats the States with the highest murder rates per 100 thousand people are, drum roll please:

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

The top 4 are SOUTHERN states, now if I had an agenda I would look at who controls the State politically, and lay blame (sound familiar) at the party in power. But I have more important things to do than lay blame at the Dems or Rep, you may want to try it sometime.

Last edited:
Draconian, liberal ones.

Exactly!!

I cannot speak for other cities, but in Houston the same few areas come up over and over again on the news.

Bingo! And a sad state of affairs it is.

Well I would not gloat too much.. why?

Cities generally are run by Democrats yes and that has to do with rural vs city demographics and attitude... but the top 3 most violent might be run by Democrats, but so are also many of the most peaceful ones..

Discussing the reasonable solutions would be to stop voting in liberal Democrats and stop pacifying the Black communities with promises they can't, and don't keep!
Uh huh

New York City and San Francisco are two of the most liberal cities in the US. And yet, their crime rates have fallen since the 1990s, are very low, and staying low. Care to explain?

Changes in overall crime rate from 2014 to 2015:
NYC: -1%
Los Angeles: 12%
Chicago: -7%
Houston: -4.9%
Philadelphia: -6.5%
Austin: -9.8%
Seattle: -9.3%
DC: -5%
Boston: -9.2%

Violent Crimes Only:
NYC: 0.2%
Los Angeles: 25%
Chicago: 0.3%
Houston: -2.4%
Philadelphia: -1.5%
Austin: -8.6%
Seattle: -1.4%
DC: 2%
Boston: -2.9%

Cherry-picking two or three cities, and ignoring not just changes in about two dozen cities, but ignoring over 20 years of data, is beyond absurd. If we were genuinely going to use such crude correlations, we'd say that cities with Democratic officials and/or liberal citizens vastly reduce crime rates. (Note: I am not supporting that claim, only pointing out the bias evident in your highly selective choice of examples.)

Oh, and guess what? All the screaming about crime rates getting worse last year? Wrong. Crime rates didn't change across the US in 2015. It was flat. It's also been going down almost every year during the Bush and Obama administrations, despite going through the worst economic downturn since the 1930s. Hmmm.

Get rid of the liberals always making excuses for these people.. They make them believe that it's always someone elses fault that they are poor and justify the way they act..

Back
Top Bottom