• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Haley says she’ll back Trump, stand down if he runs in 2024

Not only that but there are those who supported Trump and those who still do. Ex-president Trump lowered the already criminally low standards of political service and attracted some of the worst of the worst in America. It is amazing to me that some Americans still support Trump and Trumpism.

No more amazing than the poor fools who followed Jim Jones to the jungles of Guyana. Cults are powerful things.

I saw this on Morning Joe. So two months ago he was the devil incarnate. Yesterday he's the candidate she'd support. Does she realize how stupid she looks, in more ways than one?
Remember the good old days when Republicans skewered John Kerry for "flip flopping"? Now it's a popular Republican past time. :p

Ya know, I never thought I'd get to where I'd see Liz Cheney as a positive. Incredible what a mess the GOP has become, following the Pied Piper.
She has integrity. That's always a good start, whether you agree with her politics or not.

Former U.N. Ambassador and South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, often mentioned as a possible 2024 GOP presidential contender, said Monday that she would not seek her party’s nomination if former President Donald Trump opts to run a second time.

Meanwhile, just a few weeks ago Haley said the following:

“He’s not going to run for federal office again,” Haley said.

But what if he does? Or at least, what if he spends the next four years threatening to? Can the Republican Party heal with Trump in the picture?

“I don’t think he’s going to be in the picture,” she said, matter-of-factly. “I don’t think he can. He’s fallen so far.”

This was the most certainty I’d heard from any Republican in the aftermath of January 6. And Haley wasn’t done.

“We need to acknowledge he let us down,” she said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

The Democrats should thank Trump for discrediting a serious GOP rival for 2024.

I hope that The Donald does not run again.

If he does, the Elite will again find a way to deny him victory.

Ms. Haley would be an excellent choice: Two ladies of color running against each other.

I saw this on Morning Joe. So two months ago he was the devil incarnate. Yesterday he's the candidate she'd support. Does she realize how stupid she looks, in more ways than one?
This is the kind of thing that makes the gop two faced to the rest of america.

Nikki Haley knows better than to piss Trump off at this point, as does every other Republican who has future political aspirations. They all have to survive primaries and that cannot be done without Trump, simple as that. Once they are the party nom for whatever office, they will re-assess their ties to Trump because they then face a very different electorate and may need to distance themselves from Trump one day. Today is not that day.
And after the primaries, then what. How do they then turn around and present themselves as moderate conservatives in the general election after riding the crazy we hate dems train?

She and a few others saw some daylight for the party and themselves back in early January, but not enough of them made the leap and the door is slammed.

None of them want Trump running again because they want to run themselves. They want his voters. I'm sure they think they could expand that base better than Trump can, and they surely right.

But Trump himself, he certainly has his diehards, and there are a lot of them, but his hatred and recklessness is bound to shrink his base, not expand it. His act is getting old.

Meanwhile the others have to bide their time in quiet acquiescence.

And after the primaries, then what. How do they then turn around and present themselves as moderate conservatives in the general election after riding the crazy we hate dems train?
That is the million dollar question, isn't it ?

Those GOP senators with large independent constituencies may have a hard time.

That is the million dollar question, isn't it ?

Those GOP senators with large independent constituencies may have a hard time.
To me there is the problem for the gop candidates. Since the gop has lost all reason and sense and has decided to run candidates from the looney farm they of course will follow in trump's footsteps and come out blasting everyone not a republican in order to win their rendition of crazy for the base which many still support trump. Then what? After the years of trump, he lost because america was tired of his antics and tirades and these jokers think they will win in a general emulating him? Hatred didn't win the last election, what makes the gop think it will win them the next one?

To me there is the problem for the gop candidates. Since the gop has lost all reason and sense and has decided to run candidates from the looney farm they of course will follow in trump's footsteps and come out blasting everyone not a republican in order to win their rendition of crazy for the base which many still support trump. Then what? After the years of trump, he lost because america was tired of his antics and tirades and these jokers think they will win in a general emulating him? Hatred didn't win the last election, what makes the gop think it will win them the next one?
That's why they are working so hard on voter suppression. If they can discourage anyone who is not a Trumpster from voting their odds go up.

That's why they are working so hard on voter suppression. If they can discourage anyone who is not a Trumpster from voting their odds go up.
Good luck. People are aware of what the gop is trying to accomplish. I hope it pisses them off enough to get them out for the primaries and vote,

she is stupid. And becoming a master at fence straggling as many Trump Cult members are.

Haley is wise in being part of the 'If you can't beat them, joing them' crowd

Mr. Grover Cleveland was the only US president elected to non-consecutive terms. Another one-off was Mr. Millard Fillmore, who as a sitting president was not re-nominated by his own party. [Side note. There was a restaurant which opened in my area named 'Millard Fillmore'. I did not eat there.]

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Nikki Haley knows better than to piss Trump off at this point, as does every other Republican who has future political aspirations. They all have to survive primaries and that cannot be done without Trump, simple as that. Once they are the party nom for whatever office, they will re-assess their ties to Trump because they then face a very different electorate and may need to distance themselves from Trump one day. Today is not that day.

At some point, they’re going to figure out that hitching their wagon to a fallen star is not good strategy.

The Democrats should thank Trump for discrediting a serious GOP rival for 2024.

Nikki Haley: "I’m the right person for the job. Unless the guy who was impeached twice, failed to get reelected, never read his intelligence briefings, tried to overthrow our democracy, and now faces multiple criminal and civil lawsuits runs again, in which case I’m totally behind him.”

Niki Haley answers the question: What if nothing became a person?

Back
Top Bottom