• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Haiti's President murdererd by foreign hit squad

“What’s the worst that could happen?”

;)

The death penalty was abolished in Haiti in 1987. The last known official execution was in 1972.

Life in prison with no parole seems to be the ultimate Haitian sentence. I can't even picture the inside of a Haitian prison.

I'm glad to hear that, for Haiti, but it doesn't change reality today. Haiti has a GDP/cap around 5 dollars and no foreign country wants anything to do with that. Haiti can't help anyone, state-wise.
Why do you think that the two sides of the same small island have such an economic disparity?

One report states that the mercs had video camera footage from inside the Presidential residence, gives your theory weight.
That and there’s no word at all of any security personnel having been injured or killed. Just a few dozen heavily armed guys walking into the President’s house, tying up the maid, shooting the President a dozen times, and walking out. Only for at least two of these guys to be apprehended by….a small mob with nothing but their hands and a machete. Yeah. This stinks.

To date the assassins number 28! 18 Colombians, 2 American-Haitians, several from the Dominican Republic (number unclear) and several as yet unidentified. 4 of the 28 were killed in fire fights during their apprehension. The 2 Haitian-Americans, almost all of the Colombians and 6 others had former military experience.
The official position of the White House will be - the Russians did it!

(Why not? This slogan does not need additional evidence. You just say it and everyone believes it.)

Why do you think that the two sides of the same small island have such an economic disparity?

History to a large extent. I expect sizable papers have been written on the topic. Under anthropology, not sociology. You know the difference, right? I'm kinda wondering because I suspect you asked for a sociological answer to an anthropological question.

Last edited:
The death penalty was abolished in Haiti in 1987. The last known official execution was in 1972.

Life in prison with no parole seems to be the ultimate Haitian sentence. I can't even picture the inside of a Haitian prison.
When I brought up the risks, my thoughts were to the more immediate risks before judicial procedures.

History to a large extent. I expect sizable papers have been written on the topic. Under anthropology, not sociology. You know the difference, right? I'm kinda wondering because I suspect you asked for a sociological answer to an anthropological question.
Gonna go all Indiana Jones on me?

I just asked for your opinion, not a reference to someone else’s opinion.

Gonna go all Indiana Jones on me?

I just asked for your opinion, not a reference to someone else’s opinion.

Look for anthropology articles. If someone approaches it from sociology, they're writing for a magazine.

Look for anthropology articles. If someone approaches it from sociology, they're writing for a magazine.
I have to self report. I went and got anthropology and archeology all mixed up. Reread # 33, it’ll come to you eventually…..

I have to self report. I went and got anthropology and archeology all mixed up. Reread # 33, it’ll come to you eventually…..

Sociology is the study of social dynamics. Anthropology is the study of development (social and otherwise).

Does everyone feel a little smarter now? Good.

Last edited:
Yeah it's turning out to be something that I'm sure Hollywood is looking at as a good intrigue plot for a movie. With Samuel L. Jackson as the President of course.

In these situations it's not difficult to follow the money so it won't be long before we know who set this up.
It just seems if you go to all the trouble of hiring a hit squad to take out the President, you might have someone in mind to take over. You know, like a plan. We'll see who emerges at the top of the pile, I guess. Plans can take a little while to enact.

So we got socio (social) and anthro (people) and we can see how the contexts of the studies parallel the etymology. We can see how the study of people (our development) is more broad than the study of social dynamics. Now here's where it gets weird. Socio is the larger, overarching, context; it's just not useful in understanding the why and how of development in a particular case. To understand what happened in Haiti, we look to anthropology not sociology.

Last edited:
I smell an inside job. How does anyone just go to the President’s house, shoot him dead, and walk away?
They walked through the streets claiming to come from DEA

Eric Prince is one of the worst people imaginable. And mercanaries really has to be stopped. However I suspect the interest to reign in mercenaries isn't there, not when governments have interests in hiring them for their own purposes.

It leaves the dirty work to the mercenaries and keeps their hands clean.

The Miami area is looming ever larger as investigators question the men held in the plot to assassinate Haitian President Jovenel Moïse.​
Seventeen Colombians and two Haitian Americans from South Florida are in custody in Haiti. A person who interviewed the detained Colombians in Haiti told the Miami Herald that the men claimed to have been recruited to do work in Haiti by an under-the-radar firm in Doral called CTU Security. It is run by a Venezuelan émigré, Antonio Enmanuel Intriago Valera.​

Joluolo:

To date the assassins number 28! 18 Colombians, 2 American-Haitians, several from the Dominican Republic (number unclear) and several as yet unidentified. 4 of the 28 were killed in fire fights during their apprehension. The 2 Haitian-Americans, almost all of the Colombians and 6 others had former military experience. This was a very big and well resourced operation and was probably backed by a state actor.

It is becoming clear that the world of modern mercenary operations is an ever growing threat to the stability of states and to state leaders. It is time to outlaw this kind of business involving soldiers for hire. Mercenaries must be stopped and mercenary companies need to be dissolved. End this now.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
state actor of likely foreign or opposition persuasion or cartel....they can fund better than most government actors.

The Miami area is looming ever larger as investigators question the men held in the plot to assassinate Haitian President Jovenel Moïse.​
Seventeen Colombians and two Haitian Americans from South Florida are in custody in Haiti. A person who interviewed the detained Colombians in Haiti told the Miami Herald that the men claimed to have been recruited to do work in Haiti by an under-the-radar firm in Doral called CTU Security. It is run by a Venezuelan émigré, Antonio Enmanuel Intriago Valera.​

what interest would CTU have? although he probably didn't have the finances to finance this and bragged about leo connections...but who knows if it was true or not....he needs to be investigated...and follow the money.

At some point you are going to have to be able to carry on a discussion without invoking the name: Trump.

#NoVaccineforTDS

What is not germane or pertinent about what I said regarding Trump? Trump was then and is now the potentate of the Rep party and cult leader of the Trumpsters. He protected hired guns. That's a fact. The OP is about a hit squad. Hired guns. When will the Trump cult stop falsely claiming the election was stolen from Trump and stop invoking Trump's name as the true POTUS?

No state is interested in Haiti; nothing to gain.

Back
Top Bottom