• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hail Satan

iguanaman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Is that what we now can expect to hear at high school football games now? Since the SC ruling now considers public prayer a protected right I certainly hope so. Equal time for Satan is important as is time for every other religion and atheists too. I hope they have time to play the game after the prayers are finished. Or maybe the game is not that important....

Supreme Court further erodes separation between church and state in case of praying football coach​

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/poli...-high-school-supreme-court-kennedy/index.html

Is that what we now can expect to hear at high school football games now? Since the SC ruling now considers public prayer a protected right I certainly hope so. Equal time for Satan is important as is time for every other religion and atheists too. I hope they have time to play the game after the prayers are finished. Or maybe the game is not that important....

Supreme Court further erodes separation between church and state in case of praying football coach​

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/poli...-high-school-supreme-court-kennedy/index.html

They do the team is called the Washington Generals and the record is

Harlem globetrotters 16,000 wins vs Washington generals 6

That tends to be the response when this stupid game is played by courts.

Well, I'm at peace with what you've done to yourselves (by changing the rules before you got to delay a SCOTUS appointment, it's like playing skip-bo, it got ya, how were you to know)?

Hopefully it's just the Court and you don't elect Reprobate Majorities.

Good grief.

Do we really need yet ANOTHER primer on the meaning and purpose of "separation of church and state?"

Because honestly, those who pout gloomiest about there not being one are the very ones whose church IS the state - so please....

Good grief.

Do we really need yet ANOTHER primer on the meaning and purpose of "separation of church and state?"

Because honestly, those who pout gloomiest about there not being one are the very ones whose church IS the state - so please....
Oh yeah right. Scheduled team prayer led by a school employee who also is a team leader has not one hint of the establishment of religion. /s

Good grief.

Oh yeah right. Scheduled team prayer led by a school employee who also is a team leader has not one hint of the establishment of religion. /s
In other words, yes, we definitely do need another primer...

smh

Satan on the field was my first thought too. I can hardly wait until the time we can all pray together:

For the Fall of Wicked

Worldly Servants of Christ

Mighty in Their Hate of Might

We offer our Last Cup (drinks a cup of wine)

For Darkness to Swipe over these Lands

For Heavens to Collapse on their Heads

Found Kneeling in Prayer

To a False Prophet of Nazareth

Lord of Might, Terror and Destruction

Reinstate Your Kingdom of Might

Reign Terror on Christ’s Forces

Usher Them in Unholy Blight

Let the good times roll!

Good grief.

You mean Muslims? That is the only modern religion I am aware of that doesn't make the distinction.

From the article:

Thus comes Statism, or the worship of political power.

Statism is not a modern religion. Even before Plato, political philosophy concerned itself with the nature, origin, and justification of the State. But, while the thinkers speculated on it, the general public accepted political authority as a fact to be lived with and let it go at that. It is only within recent times (except, perhaps, during periods when Church and State were one, thus endowing political coercion with divine sanction) that the mass of people have consciously or implicitly accepted the Hegelian dictum that "the State is the general substance, whereof individuals are but the accidents." It is this acceptance of the State as "substance," as a suprapersonal reality, and its investment with a competence no individual can lay claim to, that is the special characteristic of the 20th century.

lol mises

quoting mises is how one declares they are a nut case without outright stating they are a nut case.

Good grief.

Do you ever wonder how the crowd feels at football games when the team kneels in prayer for a victory? or after a victory? or a loss?
How much difference does it really make to anyone on the field or in the stands?

Do you ever wonder how the crowd feels at football games when the team kneels in prayer for a victory? or after a victory? or a loss?
How much difference does it really make to anyone on the field or in the stands?
It makes no practical difference whatsoever - they probably don't even notice.

The issue is purely ideological for them - especially for those who feel obliged to take offense at the slightest thing.

The left has had a very rough go of it this Supreme court term.

They are reeling. Not sure which way to lash out.

Satan on the field was my first thought too. I can hardly wait until the time we can all pray together:

For the Fall of Wicked

Worldly Servants of Christ

Mighty in Their Hate of Might

We offer our Last Cup (drinks a cup of wine)

For Darkness to Swipe over these Lands

For Heavens to Collapse on their Heads

Found Kneeling in Prayer

To a False Prophet of Nazareth

Lord of Might, Terror and Destruction

Reinstate Your Kingdom of Might

Reign Terror on Christ’s Forces

Usher Them in Unholy Blight

Let the good times roll!
Satanists, Muslims, Wiccans...

...enjoy, Evangelicals.

So basically if you're a teacher who wants to teach CRT, that's fine, you just have to tell people that an accurate history of racism in America was actually a prayer.

lol mises

quoting mises is how one declares they are a nut case without outright stating they are a nut case.
Lol indeed - it's actually Chodorov, but why bother with petty distinctions when a diss is so much more... intellectually honest?

Lol indeed - it's actually Chodorov, but why bother with petty distinctions when a diss is so much more... intellectually honest?
Its mises, you can accuse me of whatever you want, but at the end of the day, you are still citing mises.

It would be like me citing the communist manifesto or mein kampf to try to prove something. Certain sources are for extremists and will only discredit those who cite it.

First, consider the source. As usual, CNN deliberately misrepresents the case. That is what happens when you use Fake News by the Enemy of the People.

The Bremerton School District clearly violated the coach's free speech and free exercise inherent rights. The Ninth Circuit Court was completely wrong, again, as they have been more than 80% of the time. Taking a knee and reciting a prayer in the middle of the football field after the game is not the government attempting to establish a religion, therefore the coach's actions could not have violated the Establishment Clause. Therefore, by firing the coach they violated his First Amendment rights.

Its mises, you can accuse me of whatever you want, but at the end of the day, you are still citing mises.

It would be like me citing the communist manifesto or mein kampf to try to prove something. Certain sources are for extremists and will only discredit those who cite it.
My guess is you've never even read Mises - you just think you know know you don't like what you think he says/believes - perhaps because it's somehow a threat to you intellectually - who knows, and frankly, who cares?

But dissing him - or me for that matter merely for posting a snippet from the site was a stupid and ignorant move - particularly when what I posted was in no wise threatening to you or anyone else intellectually.

It was one definition of statism - period - which you could've disagreed with or not, but you had to compare that to citing the communist manifesto or mein kampf - and call ME a "nut" in the process.

Geez Louise, what is wrong with you anyway?

Hail Satan​

Hail Hyperbole
Actually, there was no mention to whom the coach was praying. Nor does it matter. He had the constitutionally-protected right to pray to whomever he pleased. Firing him for expressing that right - after the game was over - is clearly an infringement of his right to both free speech and his right to freely exercise his religious beliefs, whatever those beliefs happen to be.

Back
Top Bottom