• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

had an opportunity to go to the oscars... declined

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I had an opportunity to go to the Oscars this upcoming February. Was offered a free press pass for the red carpet festivities and after party... declined.

Who wants to hear rich celebrities bitch about trump? Some of these actors are beyond immature - Alec Baldwin, Robert De Niro, Streep, etc...

I would have considered it if Kevin Hart stayed on as host but he turned them down! Do they pick the unfunny Jimmy Kimmel for the 3rd year in a row (Kimmel is the least funny late night host)... or Lady Gaga?

I'll pass.

I had an opportunity to go to the Oscars this upcoming February. Was offered a free press pass for the red carpet festivities and after party... declined.

Who wants to hear rich celebrities bitch about trump? Some of these actors are beyond immature - Alec Baldwin, Robert De Niro, Streep, etc...

I would have considered it if Kevin Hart stayed on as host but he turned them down! Do they pick the unfunny Jimmy Kimmel for the 3rd year in a row (Kimmel is the least funny late night host)... or Lady Gaga?

I'll pass.

Of course you were.

Is your avatar Jimmy Kimmel or Ted Cruz?

I'll pass.

You declined? That might put a damper on your next gig as a waiter, if you turned down this job.

I'll pass.

I was offered an all expense trip to the moon. Turned it down, who wants to go to a barren wasteland, with nothing to do with environmental conditions so harsh going outside for a breath of fresh air could kill you

I'll pass.

I am really disappointed that we have not been talking about Kevin Hart being willing to stand up to the Stalinists a Paglia calls these types.

I am really disappointed that we have not been talking about Kevin Hart being willing to stand up to the Stalinists a Paglia calls these types.

It is white liberal Hollywood. You think all those actresses were raped by Weinstein? No, they did it consensually. Too much hypocrisy in my book. Kevin Hart gets attacked for comments he made yet about lgbtq yet Sarah silvermann, amy schumer and other white actors get a pass..?

I'll pass.

Good decision on your part!

The Oscars no longer award merit.

Many Oscars nowadays are just pity Oscars, given to make some people feel happy.

Yes, the political venom is disgusting. Those "stars" feel that they have to show solidarity with their fellow "stars."

Didn't many of those clowns say they would move out of the US if Trump was elected?

Half of them screwed Harvey Weinstein voluntarily to help their careers and he looks like a damn gorilla.

The problem was with the other half not being voluntary

I'll pass.

You probably could have sold them or even given them to a family member or friend who would love to go. If someone offers me a free pass, I'm taking it whether I want to go or not. I just got some free Queen cover band tickets that I'm not really into but the look on my friend's face when I handed them to him made it all worth it.

You probably could have sold them or even given them to a family member or friend who would love to go. If someone offers me a free pass, I'm taking it whether I want to go or not. I just got some free Queen cover band tickets that I'm not really into but the look on my friend's face when I handed them to him made it all worth it.

unfortunately they have a very strict policy where you have to undergo a criminal background check and provide photo id. most people actually cannot go to the actual event... that is usually reserved for nominees and their family/friends.... for ordinary citizens they can only hope for the red carpet event, oscar viewing events and after parties.

unfortunately they have a very strict policy where you have to undergo a criminal background check and provide photo id. most people actually cannot go to the actual event... that is usually reserved for nominees and their family/friends.... for ordinary citizens they can only hope for the red carpet event, oscar viewing events and after parties.

Gottcha. I wasn't sure of the policy if you could just sell or gift the pass.

Good decision on your part!

The Oscars no longer award merit.

Many Oscars nowadays are just pity Oscars, given to make some people feel happy.

Yes, the political venom is disgusting. Those "stars" feel that they have to show solidarity with their fellow "stars."

And their happiness is in proportion to the amount of virtue signaling.

I wonder if this time there will be the same concern for optics as last year, by pushing forward actors of color to give the awards in order to look more diverse.

And their happiness is in proportion to the amount of virtue signaling.

I wonder if this time there will be the same concern for optics as last year, by pushing forward actors of color to give the awards in order to look more diverse.

Yes, the Oscar organization has promised that gender and ethnicity will now be taken into account in awarding the Oscars.

Many people agree that the Oscars should reflect our nation's changing population profile.

(It does not matter to me, for I do not attend movies and I do not watch the Oscars presentation program. As far as I am concerned, Bob Hope was the only genuine Oscar host!)

I'll pass.
In addition to that, who wants to watch a bunch of smug anti Americans give themselevs awards for...."acting". Out of all the things that humans should get awards for, acting is the most ridiculous reason to give an award. Doctors save lives every day, but lets clap for Alec Baldwin instead. He's an "actor" you know.

Out of all the things that humans should get awards for, acting is the most ridiculous reason to give an award.

I know that many actors (male and female) are obnoxious individuals who are full of themselves.

But actually acting is an honorable profession.

As others have pointed out, actors are people who entertain us ordinary people in a movie or TV show. They do needed work in bringing us some pleasure for an hour or so.

Outstanding acting should be rewarded.

(That's why it's very sad that merit is no longer the sole criterion for an award.)

I know that many actors (male and female) are obnoxious individuals who are full of themselves.

But actually acting is an honorable profession.

As others have pointed out, actors are people who entertain us ordinary people in a movie or TV show. They do needed work in bringing us some pleasure for an hour or so.

Outstanding acting should be rewarded.

(That's why it's very sad that merit is no longer the sole criterion for an award.)

I dont disagree with you in fact the smug way in which it has evolved is more of the issue for me. But still in the grand scheme of things these people view themselves as being far more important to society than they actually are.

Back
Top Bottom