• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hacking U.S. Secrets, China Pushes for Drones

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/21/w...na-pushes-for-drones.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

BEIJING — For almost two years, hackers based in Shanghai went after one foreign defense contractor after another, at least 20 in all. Their target, according to an American cybersecurity company that monitored the attacks, was the technology behind the United States’ clear lead in military drones.

“I believe this is the largest campaign we’ve seen that has been focused on drone technology,” said Darien Kindlund, manager of threat intelligence at the company, FireEye, based in California. “It seems to align pretty well with the focus of the Chinese government to build up their own drone technology capabilities.”

The hacking operation, conducted by a group called “Comment Crew,” was one of the most recent signs of the ambitions of China’s drone development program. The government and military are striving to put China at the forefront of drone manufacturing, for their own use and for export, and have made an all-out push to gather domestic and international technology to support the program.

Foreign Ministry officials have said China does not sanction hacking, and is itself a victim, but another American cybersecurity company has tracked members of Comment Crew to a building of the People’s Liberation Army outside Shanghai.

Looks like this is the new push for China.

Well I would be more upset about China hacking us if the US wasn't so far in debt to them. They practically own us.

Still puts their hacking/spying program far behind ours. Despite pointing a finger at their wrongdoings, we still have 3 pointing right back at us.

OMG, I learned that one in 1st Grade. :lol:

So the US sits on it's hands and absolutely in no way, shape or form spy's/hacks into Chinese systems as well?

Wow I had no idea ;)

I wonder what they're looking for. There really isn't much to a drone aircraft. It's a glorified RC plane/helicopter with cameras on it. I'd even bet money that some of the parts are made in China.

I wonder what they're looking for. There really isn't much to a drone aircraft. It's a glorified RC plane/helicopter with cameras on it. I'd even bet money that some of the parts are made in China.

Obama valued those China made parts when he asked Iran to return the downed drone.

PRISM has hacked more secrets than the whole world combined.

Back
Top Bottom