• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hack of Democrats’ Accounts Was Wider Than Believed, Officials Say

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
WASHINGTON — A Russian cyberattack that targeted Democratic politicians was bigger than it first appeared and breached the private email accounts of more than 100 party officials and groups, officials with knowledge of the case said Wednesday.
The F.B.I. says it has no direct evidence that Mrs. Clinton’s private email server was hacked by the Russians or anyone else. But in June, the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said that intruders had tried, and that any successful intruders were probably far too skilled to leave evidence of their intrusion behind. Law enforcement officials said he had the Russians in mind.
American authorities remain uncertain whether the electronic break-in to the committee’s computer systems was intended as fairly routine cyberespionage or as part of an effort to manipulate the presidential election.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/us/politics/democratic-party-russia-hack-cyberattack.html?_r=0

Maybe the private server was hacked after all. That sucks. It seems more likely that it was than what we have been told in the past.

So I wonder when these idiots will stop using stupid methods to get around FOIA. If they don't care for their communications being held to FOIA then maybe they shouldn't have passed it. Just a thought.

Last edited:
So I wonder when these idiots will stop using stupid methods to get around FOIA. If they don't care for their communications being held to FOIA then maybe they shouldn't have passed it. Just a thought.

Err, Uhhh, nope. They will stick with it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/11/us/politics/democratic-party-russia-hack-cyberattack.html?_r=0

Maybe the private server was hacked after all. That sucks. It seems more likely that it was than what we have been told in the past.

and that any successful intruders were probably far too skilled to leave evidence of their intrusion behind. Law enforcement officials said he had the Russians in mind.

They obviously left evidence in the DNC hack why would Hillary's server be any different? It makes no sense.

I think the irony here is that in an attempt to keep communications out of reach of FOIA may have made them all available to anyone who wants them without using FOIA.

They obviously left evidence in the DNC hack why would Hillary's server be any different? It makes no sense.

We won't know. It depends on the individual that did the hacking. If it is actually a team then it could be a different individual. Gucifer2 seems to have an ego. He left was a signature text, kind of like a dog marking his territory. If it is a different individual on the same team then he might not have the same tendency. This is all conjecture since the FBI isn't going to give us details on all of the hacks.

Back
Top Bottom