• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

H.W. Bush witnesses same-sex marriage

Nice try, Winston, but only God can condemn people to eternal damnation. We just advise folks how to avoid that.

Ah so you have taken it upon yourself to be this kind loving god's bullhorn telling people they will go to hell for simply being who they are, how quaint.

Going to someone's wedding is NOT supporting their sin. Show me in the bible where it says that.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? - 2 Corinthians 6:14

Have you ever read the Bible, RabidAlpaca?

Strawman.

Still doesn't answer anything . Doesn't god forgives all sins 21. He forgives sins. (Mark 2:5) It said so in your own site

Ah so you have taken it upon yourself to be this kind loving god's bullhorn telling people they will go to hell for simply being who they are, how quaint.

Have you taken it upon yourself to try to justify sin and sinners, so that the sinner can wind up in Hades? Nice!

Still doesn't answer anything . Doesn't god forgives all sins 21. He forgives sins. (Mark 2:5) It said so in your own site

That was a page on the deity of Christ, not on salvation.

For one thing you forgot this:

But unless you repent, you too will all perish. - Luke 13:3

Where's the repentance in the pro-gay community?

Have you taken it upon yourself to try to justify sin and sinners, so that the sinner can wind up in Hades? Nice!

Hades is Greek and a god not a place . Its called tarturus in geek mythology . I don't see where the poster was justifying sin just how some people have different beliefs than you and you should not go cramming yours down others throat . Believe it or not the same way your feeling about your religion some where out their someone feels exactly the same but for some other religion , and to them your justifying sin. ( Its called perspective ) .

Sad to see this thread going this way. I guess it couldn't be avoided.

I like seeing my friends and family living happy productive lives despite your prognostications of doom and gloom for doing so.

Who said he did?

He did identify gay sexual relations as a sin, though.

Jesus and where I cant find it . Can you support your statement . In my memory Jesus speak of respecting one another . Even if it is sin ( I highly doubt ) iT says all sin is forgiving . All the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not steal, you shall not covet, and so on, are summed up in this single command: You must love your neighbor as yourself.
Read more at All the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not... - Jesus Christ at BrainyQuote

I am sorry you feel that way. He may have simply gone to Romans 14:1-4.

"As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand."

No use quoting the Bible to him, it's all meaningless except for the parts that he can misinterpret to support his bias. To some people religion is justification for their bias. Sad, very very sad.

Hades is Greek and a god not a place . Its called tarturus in geek mythology . I don't see where the poster was justifying sin just how some people have different beliefs than you and you should not go cramming yours down others throat . Believe it or not the same way your feeling about your religion some where out their someone feels exactly the same but for some other religion , and to them your justifying sin. ( Its called perspective ) .

You want a primer on Hell then, instead? There's plenty on the web.

And no one is cramming anything down anyone's throats, so please save the vitriol.

I like seeing my friends and family living happy productive lives despite your prognostications of doom and gloom for doing so.

I've always thought a good glimpse of heaven and hell might be a good eye opener for folks. Then they might appreciate the Word of God and his call to repentance.

No use quoting the Bible to him, it's all meaningless except for the parts that he can misinterpret to support his bias. To some people religion is justification for their bias. Sad, very very sad.

If you're talking about me you're sadly mistaken. If not then have a nice day.

Not sure where you got any of that. I said the article pleased me.

Must be my mistake for thinking that someone with the user ID "Blue_State" would have an ulterior motive in posting an item related to a former Republican President and SSM.

Jesus and where I cant find it . Can you support your statement . In my memory Jesus speak of respecting one another . Even if it is sin ( I highly doubt ) iT says all sin is forgiving . All the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not steal, you shall not covet, and so on, are summed up in this single command: You must love your neighbor as yourself.
Read more at All the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, you shall not kill, you shall not... - Jesus Christ at BrainyQuote

Jesus said to repent and believe in him for salvation. Where's those two things in your theology?

That was a page on the deity of Christ, not on salvation.

For one thing you forgot this:

Where's the repentance in the pro-gay community?

Luke said that not Jesus . Lets focus on him since he's God to you . Now lets use quotes from Jesus to further the argument since as said before he's the god . Where does he say that

If you're talking about me you're sadly mistaken. If not then have a nice day.

I am talking about you and I am right on the money.

Scripture never said anything to condemn homosexuality. It couldn't have the concept of a homosexual didn't exist at the time it was written

Jesus said to repent and believe in him for salvation. Where's those two things in your theology?

Repent yes so you can sin to your hearts desire and get forgiving . He also says if you believe in him as your savoir your forgiving so if a homosexual still believe in Jesus died for her/his soul does that make them forgiving .

I've always thought a good glimpse of heaven and hell might be a good eye opener for folks. Then they might appreciate the Word of God and his call to repentance.

And a God that would punish people as they are made living happy productive lives is not worthy of worship.

Luke said that not Jesus . Lets focus on him since he's God to you . Now lets use quotes from Jesus to further the argument since as said before he's the god . Where does he say that

What Luke said had nothing to do with homosexuality and since homosexuality in and of itself is not a sin there is nothing to repent for. There is no scripture that data homosexuality is forbidden.

Luke said that not Jesus .

Jesus said that in Luke 13:3.

Now listen, please go and read the Bible and i'll catch up with you down the road. Until then I won't be responding to your posts.

Repent yes so you can sin to your hearts desire and get forgiving . He also says if you believe in him as your savoir your forgiving so if a homosexual still believe in Jesus died for her/his soul does that make them forgiving .

This is correct sir.

Aside from dining your heart out.

Must be my mistake for thinking that someone with the user ID "Blue_State" would have an ulterior motive in posting an item related to a former Republican President and SSM.

I could see that. If that were my intent I would have posted it in breaking news.

Back
Top Bottom