• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

H.W. Bush witnesses same-sex marriage

No one needs you to tell them this, like they haven't heard it over and over again from bible thumpers for years. We are all well aware! It's the individual's life to do with as he sees fit, and the kind of hateful bullying you are about only turns people, gay and straight, away from the church.

How do you know who has heard what? I've met gays who weren't aware of what the Bible says.

Love speaks the truth. And in the spiritual world there are people who have special anointings, to the point where even their presence convicts people of their sins. That's not bullying, that's where love speaks the truth. And you can do it with kindness.

But "the world" will encourage sin and slap the sinners on the back and tell them God won't mind, and egg them on all the way down the path to perdition. And then it's too late. The devil wins.

Ever classy, as all the Bush family are. Does something surprise you here? Or do you believe that former Presidents aren't allowed to be regular people once they've served their country?

Not sure where you got any of that. I said the article pleased me.

How do you know who has heard what? I've met gays who weren't aware of what the Bible says.

Love speaks the truth. And in the spiritual world there are people who have special anointings, to the point where even their presence convicts people of their sins. That's not bullying, that's where love speaks the truth. And you can do it with kindness.

But "the world" will encourage sin and slap the sinners on the back and tell them God won't mind, and egg them on all the way down the path to perdition. And then it's too late. The devil wins.

If they told you that, they probably wanted you to shut up about it. Any adult should know that fundamentalists are anti gay, because how they interpret the bible and other religious texts. It's a big reason why church attendance has plummeted among the millenials. You should read this: Hell Now A Thriving Epicenter Of Gay Culture | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I know the onion is satire but this article pretty well reflects the view in the gay community that if god welcomes homophobes with open arms, send us right to hell. Not that it's anything new, as Twain said, "heaven for climate, hell for company." You seriously overestimate your influence over others' beliefs and behavior. Gays have won acceptance *because* they've persisted in a world that was thoroughly hostile, and they're not going to stop now because you and a few others on some internet forum present them with your special brand of "love."

It again proves that some republicans do support the rights of gays and lesbians.

Now why does it have to prove that? Could it just it simply mean that he is good friends with the couple?

When he shaved his head for the cancer boy George H.W. Bush already went up in my admiration but now I must say he exceeds every expectation I have ever had for George H.W. Bush. He clearly shows where he stands on respecting the right of 2 people of the same sex to be joined in matrimony and it is a pleasant surprise. It again proves that some republicans do support the rights of gays and lesbians.

yep many republicans, conservatives and Christians are for equal rights. Just makes sense being an american in 2013.

I don't see where Jesus defended or promoted sin. Instead he told people to repent and receive him as Lord and Savior.

Funny because you're a sinner. If your friends come to your wedding are they throwing their bibles away?

I'm so glad I don't have to live like you always looking for the bad damning people to hell

If they told you that, they probably wanted you to shut up about it. Any adult should know that fundamentalists are anti gay, because how they interpret the bible and other religious texts. It's a big reason why church attendance has plummeted among the millenials. You should read this: Hell Now A Thriving Epicenter Of Gay Culture | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

I know the onion is satire but this article pretty well reflects the view in the gay community that if god welcomes homophobes with open arms, send us right to hell. Not that it's anything new, as Twain said, "heaven for climate, hell for company." You seriously overestimate your influence over others' beliefs and behavior. Gays have won acceptance *because* they've persisted in a world that was thoroughly hostile, and they're not going to stop now because you and a few others on some internet forum present them with your special brand of "love."

The apostasy is in full swing. Congratulations.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 - For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicman
I don't see where Jesus defended or promoted sin. Instead he told people to repent and receive him as Lord and Savior.

Funny because you're a sinner. If your friends come to your wedding are they throwing their bibles away?

There's repentant sinners in Christ and unrepentant sinners. People shouldn't encourage the latter except to repent and receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Winston53660 said:
Seems like logic man ain't to happy

I'm happy as can be, Winston. On the other hand, you don't look like you're doing handsprings. :)

I'm happy as can be, Winston. On the other hand, you don't look like you're doing handsprings. :)

Well you seems pretty hung up on gays and condemning their lives to eternal damnation. Or at least telling about it. Happy people just don't do that from what I can tell.

There's repentant sinners in Christ and unrepentant sinners. People shouldn't encourage the latter except to repent and receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Going to someone's wedding is NOT supporting their sin. Show me in the bible where it says that.

People shouldn't encourage the latter except to repent and receive Christ as their Lord and Savior.

You see? That's the problem. People shouldn't encourage being an unrepentant sinner. The leftie were really busy defending a life style that will damn you to hell. But when ever I bring that up, they deny God, or say that he's not important, or insignificant. One guy even says that homosexuality is not a sin and even that God will not punish gays.

The apostasy is in full swing. Congratulations.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 - For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

Thank you! It is an accomplishment to think for myself. However, this is exactly what i mean by bullying. Even after "Leave us the **** alone!", you still push the issue, as if scripture is supposed to carry any significance to an atheist. This isn't the religion forum dude. If you want unlimited support for regurgitating from an old ass book, that's a more appropriate place for you.

You see? That's the problem. People shouldn't encourage being an unrepentant sinner. The leftie were really busy defending a life style that will damn you to hell. But when ever I bring that up, they deny God, or say that he's not important, or insignificant. One guy even says that homosexuality is not a sin and even that God will not punish gays.

Your god your problems.

Well you seems pretty hung up on gays and condemning their lives to eternal damnation. Or at least telling about it. Happy people just don't do that from what I can tell.

they do they probably just dont live in this country which must be a nightmare for their tyrant ways. Many of us simply respect rights and freedoms of out fellow americans, some simply do not.

Nice try, Winston, but only God can condemn people to eternal damnation. We just advise folks how to avoid that.

Well we know God gave the commandments against gay sexual relations in Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13, and in the New Testament we see where gay sexual relations are sinful in Romans 1:26-27, etc. And then all you have to do is admit the Bible teaches that Jesus is God (see link below).

The Deity of Jesus Christ in Scripture « The Righter Report

And if you need evidence that Jesus is the divine speaker in the Burning Bush you can review the material in this link:

Angel of the LORD

Have you ever studied the Bible?

I meant where he bashed homosexuals .

Back
Top Bottom