• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

H.Res.375 - Will Reveal Bush Lies

ban.the.electoral.college

Progressive, Green
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/downloads/house.pdf

Resolution of Inquiry into Bush Lies: Time for Action

Congress is back in session after summer break, and there are now 61 co-sponsors of Barbara Lee's Resolution of Inquiry into the Downing Street Memos - including one Republican member of the International Relations Committee, Jim Leach. A vote in committee will come between Sept. 6 and Sept. 15. Now is the time to contact YOUR congress member. Whether or not they serve on the IR Committee, we need them to co-sponsor the Resolution. They come back to work on Tuesday. Call them first thing!

I agree, they should investigate so we can finaly see if this DSM is real or not, but I think the congress has more important things to worry about this week. We have to help people now, when that is done we can go back to trying to ruin people. So if we could hold those call's untill next week that might be better.

gdalton said:
I agree, they should investigate so we can finaly see if this DSM is real or not, but I think the congress has more important things to worry about this week. We have to help people now, when that is done we can go back to trying to ruin people. So if we could hold those call's untill next week that might be better.

Sixty democrats, I bet its the usual suspects........what a shock....:roll:

I think the DSM is load of crap myself, but if it takes an investigation to shut some people up then I'm all for it. Although even if the investigation proves all of this is crap there will still be people who will refuse to give it up. On the other side if it turns out to be true then we need to know about it.

I also think an investigation is in order if for nothing else then to shut down the rumor mill, if they don't investigate the left will scream cover up, if it's true it's very serious and will demand a further course of action, if it's not true the blatant attempt to ruin Bush and Blair through lies, deceit, and manipulation of evidence is equally a serious charge. I'll wait till after the investigation to jump to any conclusions.

This thread is going to SPISS OFF a lot of Bush BUTT KISSERS!

The BIGGEST BUSH BUTT KISSERS will be on here first!

taxpayer said:

I hope that wasn't pointed at me. I don't realy like Bush, I think his inteligence leaves room for improvement, to put it nicely. I just think (now feel free to call me crazy) that the person who is elected to the office of president deserves a little respect, at least a little. Bush bashers just seem, to me, to be the most brain washed ignorant bunch I have seen yet, they don't care about the truth they just want to make Bush look bad and that is just silly.:2wave:

Alright, stop wasting your time btec. Seriously, whoever is in the house and in charge gets to be just that, in charge, they don't have to be moderates or listen to the other side like they do in the Senate. That is the beauty of being a Representative-you can just vote straight party-line and not worry you are affecting a whole lot.

This will be stopped, plain and simple and we shouldn't waste our time and energy on it when there is so much else out there that is evil and vile that needs to be stopped. the people who are signing onto this all are looking for credit-claimers so that when they run they can say they did this. That's all it is.

gdalton said:
I hope that wasn't pointed at me. I don't realy like Bush, I think his inteligence leaves room for improvement, to put it nicely. I just think (now feel free to call me crazy) that the person who is elected to the office of president deserves a little respect, at least a little. Bush bashers just seem, to me, to be the most brain washed ignorant bunch I have seen yet, they don't care about the truth they just want to make Bush look bad and that is just silly.:2wave:

My sentiments exactly. However, I don't agree with the idea that Bush is not a smart person. Do you really believe that someone of lower intelligence level could really be the leader of the US? I don't think being an articulate speaker equates to intelligence, but that's just me. Clinton was a great speaker, but most people could see he was full of crap most of the time. Now, some will say that Bush's dad bought his grades through college, but that couldn't be proved either way. It's his ideologies that make me not a fan, not his brevity of intelligence that most people claim.

taxpayer said:

Your opinion my be taken into further consideration if you slowed down on the caps.

Screaming adds nothing to the discussion.

Just a thought.

It's about time DSM becomes a big deal in this country. Around the pre-Katrina world, it was the story of the year!

And the 61 cosponsors are:

Rep Baldwin, Tammy [WI-2] - 7/21/2005
Rep Brown, Corrine [FL-3] - 9/2/2005
Rep Brown, Sherrod [OH-13] - 7/27/2005
Rep Clay, Wm. Lacy [MO-1] - 7/21/2005
Rep Cleaver, Emanuel [MO-5] - 9/2/2005
Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-14] - 7/21/2005
Rep Crowley, Joseph [NY-7] - 7/27/2005
Rep Cummings, Elijah E. [MD-7] - 9/2/2005
Rep Davis, Danny K. [IL-7] - 7/21/2005
Rep DeFazio, Peter A. [OR-4] - 9/2/2005
Rep Delahunt, William D. [MA-10] - 7/21/2005
Rep Evans, Lane [IL-17] - 7/21/2005
Rep Farr, Sam [CA-17] - 7/21/2005
Rep Filner, Bob [CA-51] - 9/2/2005
Rep Frank, Barney [MA-4] - 9/2/2005
Rep Grijalva, Raul M. [AZ-7] - 7/21/2005
Rep Gutierrez, Luis V. [IL-4] - 7/21/2005
Rep Hinchey, Maurice D. [NY-22] - 7/21/2005
Rep Holt, Rush D. [NJ-12] - 9/2/2005
Rep Honda, Michael M. [CA-15] - 7/28/2005
Rep Israel, Steve [NY-2] - 7/29/2005
Rep Jackson-Lee, Sheila [TX-18] - 7/21/2005
Rep Johnson, Eddie Bernice [TX-30] - 9/2/2005
Rep Jones, Stephanie Tubbs [OH-11] - 7/25/2005
Rep Kaptur, Marcy [OH-9] - 7/28/2005
Rep Kilpatrick, Carolyn C. [MI-13] - 7/21/2005
Rep Kucinich, Dennis J. [OH-10] - 7/21/2005
Rep Leach, James A. [IA-2] - 9/2/2005
Rep Lewis, John [GA-5] - 7/29/2005
Rep Maloney, Carolyn B. [NY-14] - 9/2/2005
Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7] - 7/21/2005
Rep McGovern, James P. [MA-3] - 9/2/2005
Rep Meeks, Gregory W. [NY-6] - 9/2/2005
Rep Miller, George [CA-7] - 7/28/2005
Rep Moore, Gwen [WI-4] - 9/2/2005
Rep Moran, James P. [VA-8] - 9/2/2005
Rep Nadler, Jerrold [NY-8] - 9/2/2005
Rep Oberstar, James L. [MN-8] - 7/21/2005
Rep Olver, John W. [MA-1] - 7/26/2005
Rep Owens, Major R. [NY-11] - 7/21/2005
Rep Pallone, Frank, Jr. [NJ-6] - 7/21/2005
Rep Payne, Donald M. [NJ-10] - 7/21/2005
Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15] - 7/21/2005
Rep Sanders, Bernard [VT] - 7/25/2005
Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-9] - 7/21/2005
Rep Serrano, Jose E. [NY-16] - 7/21/2005
Rep Sherman, Brad [CA-27] - 9/2/2005
Rep Smith, Adam [WA-9] - 9/2/2005
Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13] - 7/21/2005
Rep Thompson, Bennie G. [MS-2] - 7/21/2005
Rep Thompson, Mike [CA-1] - 9/2/2005
Rep Tierney, John F. [MA-6] - 9/2/2005
Rep Towns, Edolphus [NY-10] - 7/27/2005
Rep Udall, Mark [CO-2] - 9/2/2005
Rep Van Hollen, Chris [MD-8] - 9/2/2005
Rep Waters, Maxine [CA-35] - 7/22/2005
Rep Watson, Diane E. [CA-33] - 7/21/2005
Rep Wexler, Robert [FL-19] - 7/21/2005
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6] - 7/21/2005
Rep Wu, David [OR-1] - 7/27/2005
Rep Wynn, Albert Russell [MD-4] - 9/2/2005

If your rep isn't on there, give'm hell!!

Last edited:
ban.the.electoral.college said:

Congress is back in session after summer break, and there are now 61 co-sponsors of Barbara Lee's Resolution of Inquiry into the Downing Street Memos

What a total waste of time. Don't you see political opportunism when it hits you in the face?

Originally posted by Stinger:
What a total waste of time. Don't you see political opportunism when it hits you in the face?
Obviously, if he didn't, we wouldn't be posting on this thread now would we?

It's 65 now:

Rep Larsen, Rick [WA-2] - 9/7/2005
Rep Capps, Lois [CA-23] - 9/7/2005
Rep Baird, Brian [WA-3] - 9/7/2005
Rep Eshoo, Anna G. [CA-14] - 9/7/2005

vandree said:
It's 65 now:

Rep Larsen, Rick [WA-2] - 9/7/2005
Rep Capps, Lois [CA-23] - 9/7/2005
Rep Baird, Brian [WA-3] - 9/7/2005
Rep Eshoo, Anna G. [CA-14] - 9/7/2005

SWEET!! :smile:

And if it turns out to be a huge farce, A.K.A. Rathergate, then all of them will look like pretty stupid.

I want the truth just as much as anyone else, but I'm not about to go latch onto to some memo that has some credibility issues to say the least.

I know many of you are waiting with bated breath and are hoping with every shred of your being that this all turns out to be true which I think is sad. Who would wish this is what our elected officials were actually capable of except for ideologues?

SixStringHero said:
I want the truth just as much as anyone else, but I'm not about to go latch onto to some memo that has some credibility issues to say the least.

I know many of you are waiting with bated breath and are hoping with every shred of your being that this all turns out to be true which I think is sad. Who would wish this is what our elected officials were actually capable of except for ideologues?

Do not confuse the memo with the actual communication transcripts which the White House and State Department will be required to hand over, should H.Res.375 be passed.

Republican Congressman Breaks Ranks, Joins Demand for Documents on Downing Street Memos

By David Swanson

Related stories: antiwar
8-24-05, 10:58 am

Congressman Jim Leach (R, Iowa) has informed Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D, California) that he will co-sponsor her Resolution of Inquiry into Bush Administration communications with the U.K. about Iraq at the time of the Downing Street Memos. Leach is the first Republican member of Congress to publicly support a demand for an inquiry into the Bush Administration's pre-war claims. The 131 congress members who have signed Congressman John Conyers' letter to the President about the Downing Street Memo are all Democrats. The 11 Senators who have asked the Senate Intelligence Committee to do the investigation it committed to in February 2004 but never did are all Democrats.

The Resolution, H. Res. 375, is a privileged resolution which must be brought to a vote in the House International Relations Committee by September 16th, or Lee is permitted to demand a vote of the full House. Fifty-two Democrats, including Lee, have co-sponsored the Resolution. Leach is the first Republican to join them, and he is a member of the International Relations Committee.. CONTINUE

SixStringHero said:

You should read Robin Cokk's diary to put it all in perspective:

http://www.boomantribune.com/story/2005/7/11/17239/8989

ban.the.electoral.college said:
A bit cynical, eh?
Reality bites sonny. Learn to live with it and maybe, just maybe it won't bite you.

Basically, this bill is going nowhere-there isn't public support (really, honestly, there isn't public knowlege, and to have support, first one must have knowledge) and there isn't majority support (Republican-dominated). Cynical...realistic...I guess it is all the same.

ShamMol said:
Reality bites sonny. Learn to live with it and maybe, just maybe it won't bite you.

Basically, this bill is going nowhere-there isn't public support (really, honestly, there isn't public knowlege, and to have support, first one must have knowledge) and there isn't majority support (Republican-dominated). Cynical...realistic...I guess it is all the same.

I would not let cynicism stop me from hoping for something better. Nor, would I let it stop me from trying to persuade others to have hope. And should reality light the fact that hope was not good enough, I would thank it for revealing my strategy inadequate. I would then find a new way to accomplish that which I believe in.

They are up to 70 today:

Rep Abercrombie, Neil [HI-1] - 9/8/2005
Rep McCollum, Betty [MN-4] - 9/8/2005
Congressman Bob Menendez,
Congressman Ben Cardin, and
Congresswoman Julia Carson.

Back
Top Bottom