• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

H. Clinton calls Gov. Quinn "lucky"

Linc

NIMBY
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Democrats need a new round of faces. Joe and Hillary need to be put out to pasture. Too much baggege for ads. Quinn is a good governor.
He inherited the Blago/Ryan mess, not to mention the pension drain.
He promised to raise our state Income tax BEFORE the 2010 election and kept his promise, during the break.

A link would be nice.

Quinn is a crackpot, and a crook.

"Oh Quinn is soo great, he promised to raise our taxes and he did! He wants to rob the People of IL -- who gave their life's work to the State -- of what's rightfully theirs, isn't he just wonderful!!!!"

Gimme a break...

"Oh Quinn is soo great, he promised to raise our taxes and he did! He wants to rob the People of IL -- who gave their life's work to the State -- of what's rightfully theirs, isn't he just wonderful!!!!"

Gimme a break...

Quinn is trying to save the pension system from some pretty ungrateful tax whiners who think their pension is off limits. Wait til the TEAfolks get ahold of your pension.

Quinn is trying to save the pension system from some pretty ungrateful tax whiners who think their pension is off limits. Wait til the TEAfolks get ahold of your pension.

and so long as he fufills the obligation to the vested employees of IL I am all for any and all reform suggestions.

Basically, and hell yeah this is self serving, leave Tier 1 Pensioner's alone and do what you got to do with the rest of them... He does it like that, and me and him got no beefs on this issue...

Gimme a break...

Well he is a bit unconventional.....at least he is a Blue Dog and knows what it is like to work for a living. Wish he leaned more to the Right. But I will give him credit where he deserves it. You know I am not much of a fan of those Progressives and Democrats. But Quinn is fiscally conservative and he also did write the Legislation, reducing the Number of House Members here in Illinois down to 2 for every Congressional District and that was long before he became a governor. Which was at 3. So not many can fault him for that,

Plus I think he did a great job in stopping these Democratic Politicians Like Madigan and his crew from picking up their Paychecks. No Pay means no play. Which now these Dems are looking to get around it by filing a Lawsuit with the Court. Notice how all the headgames that were being played are now all of a sudden being worked upon.

Moreover he has never been part of the Chicago machine.....and the Daley outfit. Nor part of Jackson and his crew.

Course Hillary is looking for backers to a possible run. Hopefully all will keep putting up those who Died in Benghazi where Clinton never checked back on her people. Keep that in her face and she will bow out.

Last edited:
Well he is a bit unconventional.....at least he is a Blue Dog and knows what it is like to work for a living. Wish he leaned more to the Right. But I will give him credit where he deserves it. You know I am not much of a fan of those Progressives and Democrats. But Quinn is fiscally conservative and he also did write the Legislation, reducing the Number of House Members here in Illinois down to 2 for every Congressional District and that was long before he became a governor. Which was at 3. So not many can fault him for that,

Plus I think he did a great job in stopping these Democratic Politicians Like Madigan and his crew from picking up their Paychecks. No Pay means no play. Which now these Dems are looking to get around it by filing a Lawsuit with the Court. Notice how all the headgames that were being played are now all of a sudden being worked upon.

Moreover he has never been part of the Chicago machine.....and the Daley outfit. Nor part of Jackson and his crew.

Course Hillary is looking for backers to a possible run. Hopefully all will keep putting up those who Died in Benghazi where Clinton never checked back on her people. Keep that in her face and she will bow out.

Nope. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

:shrug:

Yeah I just gave ya the only pluses. :2razz: His gun guntrol issues and the rest says it all. :lol:

There's only a handful or so of politicians or political figures that I have this much contempt for, Quinn is one of them...

How dare Quinn clean up Blago and 26 straight years of crooked Republican governors
There's only a handful or so of politicians or political figures that I have this much contempt for, Quinn is one of them...

Tier 1 pensioneers like you and I couldn't disagree more.
I don't believe in screwing Tier 2 and Tier 3 just for grandfathered pensions that are unsustainable.
How about you?
and so long as he fufills the obligation to the vested employees of IL I am all for any and all reform suggestions.

Basically, and hell yeah this is self serving, leave Tier 1 Pensioner's alone and do what you got to do with the rest of them... He does it like that, and me and him got no beefs on this issue...

Tier 1 pensioneers like you and I couldn't disagree more.
I don't believe in screwing Tier 2 and Tier 3 just for grandfathered pensions that are unsustainable.
How about you?

Tier 2 and Tier 3 signed up under different agreements, they must fight for what's there's as I'm fighting for what's mine.

How dare Quinn clean up Blago and 26 straight years of crooked Republican governors

What about Dan Walker, he's not cleaning up Danny boy's crookedness too?

He's a Madigan pawn and a crook himself, just wait and see...

He came before 14 crooked years of Big Jim Thompson and was not indicted for Governor shenanigans like George Ryan. Next
What about Dan Walker, he's not cleaning up Danny boy's crookedness too?

He's a Madigan pawn and a crook himself, just wait and see...

No, you and your kind must give or I'm going down in flames with you and the rest of the selfish baby-boomers.

This is one battle you've forced on the TEApeople and they will win through the amendment process.
Tier 2 and Tier 3 signed up under different agreements, they must fight for what's there's as I'm fighting for what's mine.

He came before 14 crooked years of Big Jim Thompson and was not indicted for Governor shenanigans like George Ryan. Next

Oh, yes, we don't want to talk about YOUR crooks, very convenient...:lamo

No, you and your kind must give or I'm going down in flames with you and the rest of the selfish baby-boomers.

This is one battle you've forced on the TEApeople and they will win through the amendment process.

Me and my kind, eh?:lamo

Yeah, I know expecting a return on that which was promised, fulfilling my end of the agreement and demanding that the other party fulfill theirs...the unmitigated gall of it...

both parties have failed us.
How do YOU get us out of it if you're a pol?
Repubs would call you worse nthan a Dem liberal while I'm cerainly centrist here.
Me and my kind, eh?:lamo

Yeah, I know expecting a return on that which was promised, fulfilling my end of the agreement and demanding that the other party fulfill theirs...the unmitigated gall of it...

Back
Top Bottom