• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GZ auctioning gun used in killing of Trayvon Martin[W:106:124]

Re: GZ auctioning gun used in killing of Trayvon Martin

I would love to think that absolutely nobody would want that gun.
I fear quite the opposite.

Yeah, same. I hope the people he owes money to are watching. He absolutely should not profit.

Very poor taste, but I am not really surprised given what we know of Zimmerman's character.

Yeah, same. I hope the people he owes money to are watching. He absolutely should not profit.

Yes he should.

Who would ever want that ****ing gun?

Who would ever want that ****ing gun?

I suspect a collector of infamous weapons might want it. When I was a kid in the early Sixties, our boy scout troop went to a place called Military INN in Dearborn Heights Michigan. It was two stories high and was basically a restaurant and bar that the owner had placed his extensive collection of thousands of firearms. The ones that stuck with me were the infamous ones - owned by people like Al Capone and Billy the Kid. To this day I remember that.

So such a weapon may have value in that regard.

I suspect a collector of infamous weapons might want it. When I was a kid in the early Sixties, our boy scout troop went to a place called Military INN in Dearborn Heights Michigan. It was two stories high and was basically a restaurant and bar that the owner had placed his extensive collection of thousands of firearms. The ones that stuck with me were the infamous ones - owned by people like Al Capone and Billy the Kid. To this day I remember that.

So such a weapon may have value in that regard.
I guess so.

Probably the same kind of person who wears Charles Manson shirts.
Or maybe even Charles Manson himself?

He could nickname the gun the "Helter Skelter".

Sure, people regularly collect Nazi memorabilia, why not this?

Nazi memorabilia has historical value.

Nazi memorabilia has historical value.

Well, someone will treasure this gun for its history, I'm sure.

Re: George Zimmerman auctions gun...

One of the comment sums it up perfectly:

"It's funny how we keep being surprised by George Zimmerman's awfulness. As though killing a teenager didn't set the bar low enough."

... used to kill Trayvon Martin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/us/george-zimmerman-gun-auction-trayvon-martin.html?_r=0

Here's your chance to own a piece of Americana!

It's hard to think of something more disgusting than this...

...and for those conservatives who still have a sense of honor and dignity, this is what has come of allowing racism, xenophobia, and equating guns with freedom has brought you. This is a truly shameful moment for conservatism.

I do not think there is a better example of being in bad taste.

Looks like it's been removed.

"It's funny how we keep being surprised by George Zimmerman's awfulness. As though killing a teenager didn't set the bar low enough."

Trayvon Martin wasn't just a teenager. He was a thug.

But this was terrible taste.

No, it is an idiotic comment.
There is nothing awful about selling a gun a person used to defend their self from a person violently attacking them.
There is nothing awful about donating the profits from that sale to a just cause either.
If anything is awful, it's all these absurd over reactions to it.

It's hard to think of something more disgusting than this...

...and for those conservatives who still have a sense of honor and dignity, this is what has come of allowing racism, xenophobia, and equating guns with freedom has brought you. This is a truly shameful moment for conservatism.
There is nothing disgusting about selling a gun a person used to defend their self from a person violently attacking them.
There is nothing disgusting about donating the profits from that sale to a just cause either.
If anything is disgusting, it's all these absurd over reactions to it like yours is.

It is your comment that is disgusting, especially as the issue has nothing to do with your absurd comment. It was a case of self defense.

Btw, at the time of this incident Zimmerman was a registered Democrat.

Well, someone will treasure this gun for its history, I'm sure.
And some may have wanted to buy it to destroy it because of it's history.

And some may have wanted to buy it to destroy it because of it's history.

If you think anybody who'd feel that way would give that guy 5000 of their own dollars, you're living in a dream world.

If you think anybody who'd feel that way would give that guy 5000 of their dollars, you're living in a dream world.
Prove me wrong then.

The problem with you trying to do that is that you can't.

It was already reported that an individual on twitter implored a black celebrity to buy it and destroy it.

That would be an indication that the person desired to do the same if they could afford it.

So you would be incorrect.

Last edited:

Very poor taste, but I am not really surprised given what we know of Zimmerman's character.

What do you know of Zimmerman's character?

If you think anybody who'd feel that way would give that guy 5000 of their own dollars, you're living in a dream world.
We get how you feel. Some of us don't feel the same way. This is a pointless argument.

Back
Top Bottom