• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Guns don't kill people, Vice Presidents who play with guns do, or almost...

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
"Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people"

Come on guys , we all know that guns don't kill people. Vice Presidents who
play with guns kill people, or almost.

LOL... and I love it!

Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter in face, chest

WASHINGTON (AP) — Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded a companion during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, spraying the fellow hunter in the face and chest with shotgun pellets.

Cheney didn't see the man who "came up from behind" the quail-hunting vice president.

Harry Whittington, a millionaire attorney from Austin, was in stable condition in the intensive care unit of a Corpus Christi hospital on Sunday, according to Yvonne Wheeler, spokeswoman for the Christus Spohn Health System.

The incident occurred Saturday at a ranch in south Texas where the vice president and two companions were hunting quail. It was not reported publicly by the vice president's office for nearly 24 hours, and then only after the incident was reported locally by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times.

Katharine Armstrong, the ranch's owner, said Sunday that Cheney was using a 28-guage shotgun and that Whittington was about 30 yards away when he was hit in the cheek, neck and chest...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-02-12-cheney-hunting_x.htm

Last edited:
1: Man gets shot
2: Liberals laugh

If there's ever been a better illustration as to the true nature of liberal "compassion", I've not seen it.

Personally, I would rather go hunting with V-P Cheney than go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.

Come on, KidRocks, this is a terrible thing to be laughing about. Based on the facts, it is clear that Cheney had no idea that Whittington was behind him at the time he shot his gun. I believe Whittington was standing behind him and had not let his presence be known. It's not like Cheney pointed the gun at him. While I cannot stand Cheney, I am sure he feels terrible about this. This is a guy who is his friend. I feel positive that this thread will be going into the basement.

Frankly, the cons who have criticized the libs for laughing about this are right.

Gill said:
Personally, I would rather go hunting with V-P Cheney than go for a car ride with Ted Kennedy.

I have to admit that this is a good one! LOL

Gill said:

Second that.
All in favor?
Aye!

KidRocks said:
"Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people"

Come on guys , we all know that guns don't kill people. Vice Presidents who
play with guns kill people, or almost.

LOL... and I love it!

Let's not forget that many on the left and in the mainstream media got a big honk out of Vice President Cheney's heart illness.

Those wacky liberals!

aps said:
Come on, KidRocks, this is a terrible thing to be laughing about. Based on the facts, it is clear that Cheney had no idea that Whittington was behind him at the time he shot his gun. I believe Whittington was standing behind him and had not let his presence be known. It's not like Cheney pointed the gun at him. While I cannot stand Cheney, I am sure he feels terrible about this. This is a guy who is his friend. I feel positive that this thread will be going into the basement.

Frankly, the cons who have criticized the libs for laughing about this are right.

I have to admit that this is a good one! LOL

Who cares how Cheney feels about this, I don't and yes it is funny and I will laugh as hard as allowed.

I also cannot wait until tonight when Jay Leno, David Lettermen, Jon Stewart, Conan O'Brien and the rest of the late night comedians weigh in on the matter.

It's gonna be a riot! :2razz:

I also cannot wait until tonight when Jay Leno, David Lettermen, Jon Stewart, Conan O'Brien and the rest of the late night comedians weigh in on the matter.

It's gonna be a riot!
Hopefully, they have more class than you... but I doubt it.

Gill said:
Hopefully, they have more class than you... but I doubt it.

Class?

You do mean "politically-correct" do you not?

The hell with PC right now just because the subject matter involved the Vice-President of the United States of America!

F... those arrogant Republicans, they deserve no respect and they will get none from this liberal! :cool:

The hell with PC right now just because the subject matter involved the Vice-President of the United States of America!

F... those arrogant Republicans, they deserve no respect and they will get none from this liberal!
Thanks for proving my point.

Gill said:
Thanks for proving my point.

No, thank you for giving me the opening to enlighten someone such as yourself, it's like taking candy from a baby.

KidRocks said:
Class?

You do mean "politically-correct" do you not?

F... those arrogant Republicans, they deserve no respect and they will get none from this liberal! :cool:

What a riot! The only thing that would make it funnier is if Mr. Whittington lost an eye. Oh! Oh! Can you imagine if he has permanent facial disfiguration?! I'm sure we could use that to make a hilarious anti-war statement somehow!

Too bad the guy didn't die. I might have died too! Laughing! :rofl

It's such a good time to be a sociopath who can find humor in other people's suffering!

Last edited:
Jim said:
What a riot! The only thing that would make it funny is if Mr. Whittington lost an eye. Oh! Oh! Can you imagine if he has permanent facial disfiguration?! I'm sure we could use that to make a hilarious anti-war statement somehow!

Too bad the guy didn't die. I might have died too! Laughing! :rofl

It's such a good time to be a sociopath who can find humor in other people's suffering!

Well, if Mr Whittington lost an eye it would serve him right for coming up unannounced behind a gun-nut who is obviously trigger-happy.

KidRocks said:
Well, if Mr Whittington lost an eye it would serve him right for coming up unannounced behind a gun-nut who is obviously trigger-happy.

Get some help, Dude.

Merge this with the other moronic hate-filled thread that already exists on this topic. You'll find it in the basement.

aps said:
Come on, KidRocks, this is a terrible thing to be laughing about. Based on the facts, it is clear that Cheney had no idea that Whittington was behind him at the time he shot his gun.

If you do not KNOW exactly where EVERY member of your hunting party is, you do not discharge your weapon. No ifs. No ands. No butts.

aps said:
I believe Whittington was standing behind him and had not let his presence be known.

Nor do you EVER, EVER swing your weapon back, behind you into your hunting party to get a shot. You only discharge your weapon downrange of the position of youtr party. There is no excuse for doing a 180m and discharging your weapon into a member of your hunting parties face.

aps said:
It's not like Cheney pointed the gun at him.

Yes it was exactly like this. If he was not pointing the gun at him, the shot would not have hit him. Clue one, if you shoot someone, you pointed the gun at them. Bullets and shot do not, of their own volition, make turns.

Nor do you EVER, EVER swing your weapon back, behind you into your hunting party to get a shot. You only discharge your weapon downrange of the position of youtr party.
That's not true at all. Each person in the hunting party has a prearranged shooting lane and for the ones on the extreme right and left, their shooting lane can extend to the sides and even behind them in some cases.

Gill said:
That's not true at all. Each person in the hunting party has a prearranged shooting lane and for the ones on the extreme right and left, their shooting lane can extend to the sides and even behind them in some cases.

Note I said "behind you into your hunting party." No hunting party I know of sets their lanes into each other. Who the heck do you hunt with? Not with me on my land if you think it is normal or acceptable to be shooting at each other when trying to hit quail.

Vandeervecken said:
Note I said "behind you into your hunting party." No hunting party I know of sets their lanes into each other. Who the heck do you hunt with? Not with me on my land if you think it is normal or acceptable to be shooting at each other when trying to hit quail.
Why not just find out what happened instead of speculating?

report said:
Ms. Armstrong, who was with the hunting party at the time of the shooting, told The Caller-Times that Mr. Cheney turned to shoot quail that had just flown into the air, accidentally peppering one side of Mr. Whittington's body. She said Mr. Cheney was unaware Mr. Whittington had approached him from behind, as the Texas lawyer had not followed hunting protocol and announced his presence to the other hunters.

cnredd said:
Why not just find out what happened instead of speculating?

I know diddly squat about hunting etiquitte but it seems to me that you don't assume that no one is behind you when you are ready to discharge a deadly weapon. Was Mr. Whittington invisible to everyone around Cheney?

Last edited:
Note I said "behind you into your hunting party." No hunting party I know of sets their lanes into each other.
Of course you don't set shooting lanes knowingly toward another hunter. But if you are on the right side of the party and a quail flushes toward your right rear, I can see how it would be possible to swing on the bird and accidently shoot someone approaching from the rear when you didn't have a clue they were there.

You said that you NEVER, NEVER swing your gun back and I was pointing out that it is acceptable under some conditions.

KidRocks said:
I know diddly squat about hunting etiquitte but it seems to me that you don't assume that no one is behind you when you are ready to discharge a deadly weapon. Was Mr. Whitting invisible to everyone around Cheney?
Why not just come out and say that it is your belief Cheney shot his friend on purpose? Your hate knows no bounds, rock.

KCConservative said:
Why not just come out and say that it is your belief Cheney shot his friend on purpose? Your hate knows no bounds, rock.

I will, as soon as you admit that Bush and Cheney are idiots who have no business running this great country.

Back
Top Bottom