• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Guns, crime, laws and solutions

prometeus

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Of all the tragedies that took place in recent times and not only on US soil in which people were killed with guns, what laws would or could have prevented them and how? Please be specific.

Of all the tragedies that took place in recent times and not only on US soil in which people were killed with guns, what laws would or could have prevented them and how? Please be specific.

Strict gun control? Do I win a prize?

Not unless you can show how strict gun control would have prevented them. Then you will be showered in fame and glory and become the darling of gun control.

Physics. If you want to use laws to stop gun deaths you need to get rid of the laws of physics.

No, you loose, as usual, I might add. You loose for two reasons. One is that the OP asked for specifics and you have none, two is because you made a poor attempt at sarcasm.

The only instances of anything making the slightest difference to these tragic killing has been the action of somebody present in providing some way of ending the event. It stands to reason the more capable people present of ending such an event the less likely the common ground of gun free zones will be used. Surely it is obvious to even the most blind that giving nuts the ideal safe place with the added attraction of the most newsworthy victims has to be criminal lunacy and just asking for them to be used.

Physics. If you want to use laws to stop gun deaths you need to get rid of the laws of physics.
Then please explain how even without the transfer of energy would we deal with the gaping holes?

Last edited:
Then plain how even without the transfer of energy would we deal with the gaping holes?

I'm pretty sure the transfer of energy between bullet and target was not what was meant. It was the transfer of energy between gun and perpetrator that was being referred to. Do you have any explanation of this transfer?

The only instances of anything making the slightest difference to these tragic killing has been the action of somebody present in providing some way of ending the event. It stands to reason the more capable people present of ending such an event the less likely the common ground of gun free zones will be used. Surely it is obvious to even the most blind that giving nuts the ideal safe place with the added attraction of the most newsworthy victims has to be criminal lunacy and just asking for them to be used.
In theory you are correct. However simple gun ownership and availability at the needed time is not as effective as one would hope. It is not that easy to stop a bad actor without some serious training and mental fitness. Sadly, from what I have seen, too many gun owners if not most lack both the skill and the training. Just look at some of the police shootings in the news and you will see that even with their training, which is a bit more extensive than the average gun owner's they have problems to say the least.

Bringing up the kids better.

I'm pretty sure the transfer of energy between bullet and target was not what was meant.
It is the result of getting rid of the laws of physics.

It was the transfer of energy between gun and perpetrator that was being referred to.
Still absent without physics and why would one use a gun as a club?

Do you have any explanation of this transfer?
Not without physics.

It is the result of getting rid of the laws of physics.

Still absent without physics and why would one use a gun as a club?

Do read what I wrote again

Not without physics.

Would that rule out gun control then?

No one cares.

Then please explain how even without the transfer of energy would we deal with the gaping holes?

Without the transfer of energy there would be no gaping holes.

Can't read your mind tho.

Did I ask you to? No so do not be asinine. You obviously missed my meaning and what I was discussing read it again.

Gun control is, in my opinion a very poor label for the solution that is needed, but to answer your question, more laws offer little more than "feel good" results.

I don't think I said anything about more guns.

You have not explained how guns transfer energy to the perpetrator in order for them to commit the act.

If gun control is a solution don't you think that is vital or do you simply believe in magic?.

Did I ask you to?
In an indirect way.

No so do not be asinine.
Have no intention.

You obviously missed my meaning and what I was discussing read it again.
Yes, I did that is why I said you could not read your mind.

I don't think I said anything about more guns.
I don't think you did either, nor did I say you did. I said more laws...

You have not explained how guns transfer energy to the perpetrator in order for them to commit the act.
Huh?

If gun control is a solution don't you think that is vital or do you simply believe in magic?.
That is why I said more laws do not offer the needed solution.

Obviously none targeted at guns, since several countries with pretty strict gun control have experienced massacres, terrorist attacks, etc.

Perhaps we should consider targeting terrorists...

Obviously none targeted at guns, since several countries with pretty strict gun control have experienced massacres, terrorist attacks, etc.
So true.

Perhaps we should consider targeting terrorists...
The question was broader than that, as "gun control" advocates do not base their stance on terrorism alone.

Not unless you can show how strict gun control would have prevented them. Then you will be showered in fame and glory and become the darling of gun control.

It's the thought that counts. ;)

No, you loose, as usual, I might add. You loose for two reasons. One is that the OP asked for specifics and you have none, two is because you made a poor attempt at sarcasm.

I guess you're just sad I didn't take the bait. Sorry. :(

Back
Top Bottom