• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gunmen kill students as they sleep in Nigerian college

Slyhunter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Islamists did this. This is why we can't sit back and simply allow them to pick the time and place to attack us. We must destroy them before they destroy us.
DAMATURU, Nigeria (Reuters) - Suspected Islamist militants stormed a college in northeastern Nigeria and shot dead around 40 male students, some of them while they slept early on Sunday, witnesses said.The gunmen, thought to be members of rebel sect Boko Haram, attacked one hostel, took some students outside before killing them and shot others trying to flee, people at the scene told Reuters.

Boko Haram, which wants to establish an Islamic state in northern Nigeria, has intensified attacks on civilians in recent weeks in revenge for a military offensive against its insurgency.
Several schools, seen as the focus of Western-style education and culture, have been targeted.

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

When are you people going to recognized the fact that the Islamist are at war with all of us civilized people. Civilization needs to eradicate this threat.

Terrible! Hopefully justice will be done!

If by "Islamists" you mean religion trying to put its ugly head in politics, government, and gain power to the levels it was during the middle ages, then I agree. Otherwise people that believe in religion (i.e., Islam) and are civilized at the same time does not fits with that definition.

Islamists did this. This is why we can't sit back and simply allow them to pick the time and place to attack us. We must destroy them before they destroy us.

When are you people going to recognized the fact that the Islamist are at war with all of us civilized people. Civilization needs to eradicate this threat.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Horrific, tragic, and heart breaking. :(

By invading Iraq, Bush "awakened a sleeping giant and filled him terrible resolve". I don't think military attacks are going to solve anything, in fact it seems to just recruit more terrorists. So how do propose "eradicating the threat"?

By invading Iraq, Bush "awakened a sleeping giant and filled him terrible resolve". I don't think military attacks are going to solve anything, in fact it seems to just recruit more terrorists. So how do propose "eradicating the threat"?
We shut down AQ's new Twitter account. That'll teach 'em.

When are you people going to recognized the fact that the Islamist are at war with all of us civilized people. Civilization needs to eradicate this threat.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Do christian americans who butcher kids in schools also considered a part of the civilized people by you?

It was Bush's fault...

:lamo

Good thing no fundamental Islamist extremists were butchering people before Bush became president. That would make anyone that blamed Bush for this look horribly stupid. Well...MORE stupid.

But dont worry...its not ALL muslims.

You actually think that invading Iraq has something to do with the Islamic threat in Nigeria? That's one big huge red herring.

Do christian americans who butcher kids in schools also considered a part of the civilized people by you?
Do you read in the paper daily about christian Americans butchering kids anywhere? NO. But ever day some Islamic is butchering non-islamics. So this is another ot red herring.

It was Bush's fault...

:lamo

Good thing no fundamental Islamist extremists were butchering people before Bush became president. That would make anyone that blamed Bush for this look horribly stupid. Well...MORE stupid.

But dont worry...its not ALL muslims.
The dead probably don't appreciate the fact that it's not all Muslims. It's enough.

Do you read in the paper daily about christian Americans butchering kids anywhere? NO. But ever day some Islamic is butchering non-islamics. So this is another ot red herring.

Actually I read about Americans gunning down kids in a killing frenzy more often than any other people.

Actually I read about Americans gunning down kids in a killing frenzy more often than any other people.

That would lead to an error caused by the availability heuristic. The bias is caused by the frenzy of American media reports on shootings here. Shootings that, when occuring in other parts of the world, recieve less coverage. Just because you read about it more, doesn't mean it happens more often.

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!! But for Bush, they'd all be nice people? Blaming everything on Bush has worn thin. :roll:

Iran became Obama's war. Do did Afghanistan. So did Libya. So has it for all the other Muslim countries Obama has drone bombed.

Last edited:
Since when is the AFRICAN country of Nigeria in the Middle East?

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!! But for Bush, they'd all be nice people? Blaming everything on Bush has worn thin. :roll:

Iran became Obama's war. Do did Afghanistan. So did Libya. So has it for all the other Muslim countries Obama has drone bombed.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

P.S. We're not at war with Iran, Afganistan or Libya. We're at war with terrorism, remember?

The victims were predominantly Muslim killed for the crime of engaging in western education. The all too common cries of anti-intellectualism in our society ring hollow by comparison.

That would lead to an error caused by the availability heuristic. The bias is caused by the frenzy of American media reports on shootings here. Shootings that, when occuring in other parts of the world, recieve less coverage. Just because you read about it more, doesn't mean it happens more often.

We are talking about massacres not "shooting here, shootings that". European media don't cover massacres?

We are talking about massacres not "shooting here, shootings that". European media don't cover massacres?

Don't replace periods with commas when quoting me as it changes the meaning of my words. If you want to talk about massacres you'll need to include terrorist bombings and the like - things far more common in other parts of the world.

I suppose Clinton gets the hit for 9-11 then..both allowing the terrorists to come here during his watch, train here, plan their attack here, all under his failed national security services. Oh...and since he was the CiC when they came here and when they hatched their dastardly deed, Clinton is also responsible for all Muslim extremist terrorism. Yes...its Clintons fault. Its NOT the fault of fundamentalist Muslim extremists that have been butchering people around the globe for a century...its Clinton.

It must be almost a year now since Obama, Clinton and the rest of that motley crew confected the lie of the century re the butchers of Benghazi. Remember how those muslims the world over rose up as one to bleat and cry over that damn video??? Why are all those muslims not raising up in anger over the slaughter in Kenya, the slaughter of the Christians as they prayed in pakistan, and now the slaughter of the students in Nigeria. Why are the Muslims so quiet? After all Presider Obama and prime messenger camaron reckon it's the religion of peace, (now there's a misnomer if ever I heard one), obviously the Muslims approve of this evil. I do believe that a war against islam (proper) is on the way and the useful idiots of the left only have themselves to blame.

Right....... Because this stuff wasn't going on before Iraq..... Give me a break! :roll:

Right....... Because this stuff wasn't going on before Iraq..... Give me a break! :roll:

Thats true, it's been going on ever since the US got involved in the ME. But never have so many joined the ranks of Al Qaeda since GWBush invaded Iraq.

Thats true, it's been going on ever since the US got involved in the ME. But never have so many joined the ranks of Al Qaeda since GWBush invaded Iraq.

:spin: :alert
No, never has it been so publicized....

Back
Top Bottom