• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gunman who killed three daughters in California church was in US illegally

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A gunman who killed his three daughters and another man in a church in Northern California was in the U.S. illegally, and had not been handed over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after a prior arrest due to California’s "sanctuary state" law that limits cooperation with federal immigration enforcement, authorities said Friday.

Good job, California. Your coddling of illegals has cost the lives of 3 kids.

How to test the credibility of this thread: ask how Roadvirus would react if someone took an equally dishonest partisan shot at the right, having taken advantage of a tragedy to do so.

Or you could ask where all his rage threads were regarding the GOP's moves to repeatedly blocked Democrat bills for mixed border security coupled with demands for a Great Wall of Derp - one that the actual people we're trying to keep out (not asylum seekers) have cut the thing to bits. Thousands of breaches. Many more climb right on over with ladders and ropes.

Y'know...things that were invented at the dawn of civilization. I'm sure a guy silent about all that stuff is feeling genuine rage at 'the left' over illegal immigration because of this article. I'm sure it's not just another ugly cheap shot.

:rolleyes:

Extra credit: What if someone on the left used this as a demand for more gun control? FFS, this is not about immigration no matter how much anyone wants to make it so. It's about an evil man.

And if you wanted to honestly try to make it about immigration, you'd compare crime rate states of illegals to citizens. You'd find them lower, unless perhaps Fox/OANN/Newsmax curated the states....

Last edited:
This isn’t the first time criminal illegal aliens have murdered Americans. Joe’s open border policy ( sorry, it’s true) will cause more.
That’s the problem with commies. They don’t learn from mistakes. They just double down on idealistic insanity.

A gunman who killed his three daughters and another man in a church in Northern California was in the U.S. illegally, and had not been handed over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after a prior arrest due to California’s "sanctuary state" law that limits cooperation with federal immigration enforcement, authorities said Friday.

Why didn't ICE not arrest him instead of just issuing a detainer? They knew where he was living...

This isn’t the first time criminal illegal aliens have murdered Americans. Joe’s open border policy ( sorry, it’s true) will cause more.
That’s the problem with commies. They don’t learn from mistakes. They just double down on idealistic insanity.
From our perspective it's a mistake - well, worse than a mistake, even a horrific mistake, it's sheer incompetence.

But from their perspective? I don't think they even care.

Yes, it isn't the first time, and every administration has had its share of such tragedies. Even the Orange Derp.... :rolleyes:

Not the first time a father murdered his kids/wife/ self with a firearm.

The problem with rabid right reactionaries is they never see the tragedies that occur on their watch. They just double down on the flatulence and blame 'commies'... ✌️

Would you feel better if the children were killed by a Green Card holder?

What a sad story. Men who see their wife and children as possessions can wind up thinking 'If I can't have them, nobody can.' It happens all the time.

Why didn't ICE not arrest him instead of just issuing a detainer? They knew where he was living...
Probably because Homeland Security's Chief Diversity Officer said "No, because that's an enforcement of systemic racism that is rampant in law enforcement in America".

I hope people realize that "sanctuary city" just means that state officers are refusing to enforce federal laws, which is the constitutional right of the state. ICE is free to come in and do its work, but y'know, its work.

The idea isn't so absurd. When illegals witness crimes, there is a huge pressure not to say anything because ICE will be there to snap them up when they finish testifying.

It'd be much wiser to make it so costly in criminal and civil senses to hire illegals that it could not be considered a cost of business. Do you see the GOP pushing for that? No? Then don't fart at me about DA LEFT!

Probably because Homeland Security's Chief Diversity Officer said "No, because that's an enforcement of systemic racism that is rampant in law enforcement in America".

That word. It's kinda problematic given the thread's construction.

Men track down/hold hostage and kill their families all the time, sadly. It's in the news weekly. Even cops. Often even after red flag laws have been triggered, despite restraining orders, etc. There's something very toxic there.

I agree it would have been great if the law hadnt enabled him to be free, if that's really the case. It seems that if there was an official social services chaperone assigned, he was still 'in the system' legitimately.

Men track down/hold hostage and kill their families all the time, sadly. It's in the news weekly. Even cops. Often even after red flag laws have been triggered, despite restraining orders, etc. There's something very toxic there.

I agree it would have been great if the law hadnt enabled him to be free, if that's really the case. It seems that if there was an official social services chaperone assigned, he was still 'in the system' legitimately.
Exactly. This guy would have killed his kids, green card or not, for whatever evil reason he had decided to do so.

Were the daughters American Citizens?

ICE did not respond to Fox News Digital's request for comment, but the agency told The Associated Press that Mora, a Mexican national, had overstayed his visa and was therefore in the country illegally. He arrived in the U.S. legally in 2018.
I can only blame President Donald J Trump!

Obviously Donnie failed to do an adequate vetting of the man!

How to test the credibility of this thread: ask how Roadvirus would react if someone took an equally dishonest partisan shot at the right, having taken advantage of a tragedy to do so.

Or you could ask where all his rage threads were regarding the GOP's moves to repeatedly blocked Democrat bills for mixed border security coupled with demands for a Great Wall of Derp - one that the actual people we're trying to keep out (not asylum seekers) have cut the thing to bits. Thousands of breaches. Many more climb right on over with ladders and ropes.

Y'know...things that were invented at the dawn of civilization. I'm sure a guy silent about all that stuff is feeling genuine rage at 'the left' over illegal immigration because of this article. I'm sure it's not just another ugly cheap shot.

Extra credit: What if someone on the left used this as a demand for more gun control? FFS, this is not about immigration no matter how much anyone wants to make it so. It's about an evil man.

And if you wanted to honestly try to make it about immigration, you'd compare crime rate states of illegals to citizens. You'd find them lower, unless perhaps Fox/OANN/Newsmax curated the states....
One more truly insane rant about everything other than the thread.
Why?

Look at the smug reply that stepped over three dead children and ignored a killer in our country illegally to play word games.

If anyone wants to know who this poster is, he just told you himself.

Reactions: PoS
You do realize that Biden's "open border policy" is pretty much the same as tRump's, right?

It was Trump's "open borders policy" that allowed David Fidel Mora Rojas into the united states in the first place.

He arrived here on December 17, 2018 on an 180 day non-immigrant visa and depending if he had even bothered to renew that original visa he would have had to successfully renew it 5.5 times to still be here legally the day he murdered those innocent people. But we know he was allegedly not here legally any more.

Now here is something else to consider, ICE has other means at their disposal of knowing when a person of interest is going to be released other than sitting in their offices waiting for the Police department in question notifying them.

Not only that it was apparent, in the many hours of time I have been doing posting on all of this that in the past before the California VALUES Act went into practice that one of the problems was ICE and its predecessor not being diligent about picking up persons they wanted "holds" put on.

Now here is another thing, ICE has stated he was in the country illegally because of an "overstayed visa" violation. So the question is at what point in time did Rojas go out of compliance with his non-immigrant visa?

Was it on the end of the first one he had?

I am leaning in that direction. If that was the case then the Trump administration and ICE had 585 days to find and deport Rojas but if that was the case they failed to do so. If that was the case then the Biden administration and ICE failed for another 409 days to find and deport Rojas in order to prevent this killing.

I blame them both, seriously.

So if'n you all want to blame Joe Biden please be honest and blame Donald Trump as well, like I did here, OK?

Further we must ask why on GOD's green earth did the Judge, knowing all that was known about the man and his mental condition, not extend the protection order to the children as well as their mother? If that had happened Rojas would not have been visiting with them, legally, because he would not have been allowed.

Also in my backgrounding I saw where it was court ordered that he would only be allowed weekend visitation of 4 hour duration yet he was visiting with the children on a Monday when he killed them?

OK

Now this little segue will no doubt trigger some folk but meh, so be it!

On the 23rd of February Rojas was stopped and then arrested for suspected DUI, battery on a police officer, plus resisting arrest but was somehow able to make it to jail alive and able to post $15,000 bail and was released.

Where were the George Floyd arresting officer types when they were really needed?

;)

Last edited:
It was Trump's "open borders policy" that allowed David Fidel Mora Rojas into the united states in the first place.

He arrived here on December 17, 2018 on an 180 day non-immigrant visa and depending if he had even bothered to renew that original visa he would have had to successfully renew it 5.5 times to still be here legally the day he murdered those innocent people. But we know he was allegedly not here legally any more.

Now here is something else to consider, ICE has other means at their disposal of knowing when a person of interest is going to be released other than sitting in their offices waiting for the Police department in question notifying them.

Not only that it was apparent, in the many hours of time I have been doing posting on all of this that in the past before the California VALUES Act went into practice that one of the problems was ICE and its predecessor not being diligent about picking up persons they wanted "holds" put on.

Now here is another thing, ICE has stated he was in the country illegally because of an "overstayed visa" violation. So the question is at what point in time did Rojas go out of compliance with his non-immigrant visa?

Was it on the end of the first one he had?

I am leaning in that direction. If that was the case then the Trump administration and ICE had 585 days to find and deport Rojas but if that was the case they failed to do so. If that was the case then the Biden administration and ICE failed for another 409 days to find and deport Rojas in order to prevent this killing.

I blame them both, seriously.

So if'n you all want to blame Joe Biden please be honest and blame Donald Trump as well, like I did here, OK?

Further we must ask why on GOD's green earth did the Judge, knowing all that was known about the man and his mental condition, not extend the protection order to the children as well as their mother? If that had happened Rojas would not have been visiting with them, legally, because he would not have been allowed.

Also in my backgrounding I saw where it was court ordered that he would only be allowed weekend visitation of 4 hour duration yet he was visiting with the children on a Monday when he killed them?

OK

Now this little segue will no doubt trigger some folk but meh, so be it!

On the 23rd of February Rojas was stopped and then arrested for suspected DUI, battery on a police officer, plus resisting arrest but was somehow able to make it to jail alive and able to post $15,000 bail and was released.

Where were the George Floyd arresting officers when they were really needed?

;)
"had not been handed over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after a prior arrest due to California’s "sanctuary state" law that limits cooperation with federal immigration enforcement, authorities said Friday."

Technically, it was that asshole Newsom's fault. Doesn't matter. Still a commie caused disaster.

"had not been handed over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after a prior arrest due to California’s "sanctuary state" law that limits cooperation with federal immigration enforcement, authorities said Friday."

Technically, it was that asshole Newsom's fault. Doesn't matter. Still a commie caused disaster.
No it wasn't.

But so glad you weren't about to let your partisan blinders not get in the way of the truth.

California cant enforce immigration laws, thats the sole duty of the federal.

California cant enforce immigration laws, thats the sole duty of the federal.
Exactly.

The Federal Government knew immediately when this scumbag overstayed his non-immigration visa.

As I said before, unless he reapplied and was approved that means he went into violation June 15th, 2018. Why did ICE not apprehend him in all the time from June, 15th 2018 to February 23rd 2022?

Why did ICE not go and get him when Rojas was in all of the troubles he was in that was obviously creating public records of his whereabouts? No, ICE was lazy or incompetent and expected the

Apparently in April of 2021 Rojoas's girlfriend filed a restraining order against him, a matter of PUBLIC record, yet ICE made no move against the man!

Sacramento County court records show that, in May, Illeana Gutierrez Rios filed for a domestic violence restraining order against Mora, her then-boyfriend.

Why did ICE expect the authorities in Merced County to do their job for them after so many years?

These things keep happening not because of "scary sanctuary city" laws but because every administration in my lifetime has failed to make the Immigration Laws in this Nation work properly and efficiently and most of all swiftly and strongly.

Would you feel better if the children were killed by a Green Card holder?
or a citizen. Even police aren't immune to murder-suicide. The answer is better mental health care.

No, technically it was Trump's immigration officers that failed to pick him up when he violated the terms of his visa in 2018.

Back
Top Bottom