• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gunman holds hostages at synagogue in Texas

Leftists are demeaning and Xenophobic to middle eastern people as well, just not in the same direct way.

I’ve never heard a conservative complain about laws and social norms in Islamic countries, they just don’t want those people here, leftists complain incessently about how justice works in the Middle East. They want to change these people’s culture
Don't talk to me as if I am all "leftists". Speak to me about what I say directly to you. I have said nothing xenophobic and I am calling out the use of the word "raghead". Do you defend it?

Also: in a thread about an Islamic country I would discuss an Islamic country.

Don't talk to me as if I am all "leftists". Speak to me about what I say directly to you. I have said nothing xenophobic and I am calling out the use of the word "raghead". Do you defend it?

Also: in a thread about an Islamic country I would discuss an Islamic country.
We’re talking about someone who was holding people hostage, I am totally unconcerned about them being called a bad name. If it was a trump supporter you would sit here not complaining at all while leftists called them any slur under the sun.

We’re talking about someone who was holding people hostage, I am totally unconcerned about them being called a bad name. If it was a trump supporter you would sit here not complaining at all while leftists called them any slur under the sun.
You don't call someone who does bad things by a racial epithet. It doesn't make him more guilty; it just makes you a racist.

You don't call someone who does bad things by a racial epithet. It doesn't make him more guilty; it just makes you a racist.
“Raghead” is not a racial epithet

It is an ethnic slur. What is your point. Do you defend using it?
“Deplorable” “hillbilly” and “red neck” are ethnic slurs. Big corporations and Hollywood have made millions depicting “hillbillies” as anal rapists (see “deliverance”) and these types of depictions are widely accepted by urban leftists.

“Deplorable” “hillbilly” and “red neck” are ethnic slurs. Big corporations and Hollywood have made millions depicting “hillbillies” as anal rapists (see “deliverance”) and these types of depictions are widely accepted by urban leftists.
That, according to you, others make money from racism is irrelevant to whether you defend using the ethnic slur "raghead" against Arabs. Being willing to use it shows your racism, ethnocentrism, and a general inability to see other groups of people who differ from you as human beings.

Edited to add: actually none of the words you listed are ethnic slurs. I was too quick to allow you to get away with that. You are just flat WRONG.

That others make money from racism is irrelevant to whether you defend using the ethnic slur "raghead" against Arabs. Being willing to use it shows your racism, ethnocentrism, and a general inability to see other groups of people who differ from you as human beings.
Has anyone denied “ragheads” are human beings in this thread? Please quote the exact post.

You’re now refusing to condemn slanderous and false depictions of marginalized appalachians as anal rapists and yet you want to lecture others for use of a not nice word once. Typical leftists.

Has anyone denied “ragheads” are human beings in this thread? Please quote the exact post.

You’re now refusing to condemn slanderous and false depictions of marginalized appalachians as anal rapists and yet you want to lecture others for use of a not nice word once. Typical leftist
I'm sorry, but I am not stupid enough to comply.

I'm sorry, but I am not stupid enough to comply.
Actually, you’re smart enough to know your claim is a lie. Which is why you can’t support it.

Actually, you’re smart enough to know your claim is a lie. Which is why you can’t support it.
OK. I confess. I made the movie "Deliverance" and my aim was to denigrate the people of Appalachia because I hate the poor and downtrodden. It's why I chose my profession.

And using the word "raghead" for an Arab is perfectly respectful and shows that one sees him as a full human being. The President of the United States and all the US diplomats use that term when entertaining heads of state from The Middle East and visiting them in their own countries. I am sure that the Saudi King loves being called "a raghead". And he is someone I actually hate given what he allowed Mohammed bin Salman to do to Jamal Khashoggi.

OK. I confess. I made the movie "Deliverance" and my aim was to denigrate the people of Appalachia because I hate the poor and downtrodden. It's why I chose my profession.

And using the word "raghead" for an Arab is perfectly respectful and shows that one sees him as a full human being. The President of the United States and all the US diplomats use that term when entertaining heads of state from The Middle East and visiting them in their own countries. I am sure that the Saudi King loves being called "a raghead". And he is someone I actually hate given what he allowed Mohammed bin Salman to do to Jamal Khashoggi.
See even here you won’t condemn in good faith actual ethnocentric propaganda and yet you want to moralize over a one time use of a bad word. Leftists hate people in ways for worse than any rightist.

See even here you won’t condemn in good faith actual ethnocentric propaganda and yet you want to moralize over a one time use of a bad word. Leftists hate people in ways for worse than any rightist.
What on earth do you want me to say? I never even saw the movie "Deliverance"!!! Why is that in this thread?

Working so hard to defend ethnic slurs.....trump's ideal MURICA!!!!

The slur "raghead" was in the thread. So it was relevant to this thread. You inserted a reference to a movie, "Deliverence", which I never saw and started to act as if everyone should know all about it. That was, obviously, not relevant to this thread.

The slur "raghead" was in the thread. So it was relevant to this thread. You inserted a reference to a movie, "Deliverence", which I never saw and started to act as if everyone should know all about it. That was, obviously, not relevant to this thread.
And you want condemn this. Which shows your fake moralism over the term is purely you wanting to feel good about yourself. I don’t play this game. There’s plenty of threads that are openly celebrating the death of the “unvaxxed” and I don’t see you condemning this either.

So rich. So, so rich.
Don't worry. Biden and his FBI will memory hole this terrorist attack on Jews in no time at all.
Maybe you should be giving them thanks and credit for launching a successful rescue effort.

And a typical right winger derails yet another thread to make himself and his victimhood complex the new topic.

Back
Top Bottom