• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gunman holds hostages at synagogue in Texas

Oh dear, I thought it was over!

I wonder why this noodlehead chose a synagogue. He said something about Islam in his rant. Is he a Palestinian?

Officials have not confirmed ....

Aaron Katersky
@AaronKatersky

Jan 15, 2022
One suspect has taken the rabbi and three others hostage at a synagogue in Colleyville, TX. The hostage-taker is claiming to be armed and says his sister is Aafia Siddiqui, who was convicted in New York of trying to kill US military personnel

Hostage taker is Muhammad Siddiqui and claims to be Aafia Siddiqui's brother. He is demanding her freedom from an 86-year prison sentence https://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-man-takes-hostages-texas-synagogue-source/story?id=82285896

Last edited:
I wonder why this noodlehead chose a synagogue. He said something about Islam in his rant. Is he a Palestinian?
He is at least Islamic, and his brother is serving time for shooting an FBI agent

Some background:

21 Oct 2021
Boston, United States – Dozens of protesters and human rights activists are calling on the Pakistani government to work to end the continued imprisonment of Pakistani neuroscientist Aafia Siddiqui in the United States.

Carrying pictures and banners, the protesters gathered outside the Pakistan Consulate in New York on Wednesday to decry Siddiqui’s situation and urge the Pakistani government to actively seek her immediate release and repatriate her.

The rally was part of a series of protests organised by a coalition of more than 20 local and national human rights and religious groups, including the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

Who is Aafia Siddiqui?

Siddiqui, a US-educated-Pakistani national, was charged with attempting to kill US soldiers and FBI agents during interrogation after her arrest in 2008 in Afghanistan’s Ghazni province.
She was flown to the US and sentenced to 86 years in prison after a New York court found the 49-year-old mother of three guilty of attempted murder and assault in 2010.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...aafia-siddiqui

A U.S. official briefed on the matter told ABC News the hostage-taker is claiming to be the brother of convicted terrorist Aafia Siddiqui, but authorities have not yet confirmed his identity. The suspect is demanding to have the sister freed, the official said.

Siddiqui is incarcerated at Carswell Air Force Base near Fort Worth, according to the source. She had alleged ties to al-Qaida and was convicted of assault and attempted murder of a U.S. soldier in 2010 and sentenced to 86 years in prison.

I don't understand the link between this synagogue and the sister? Is there one?

A U.S. official briefed on the matter told ABC News the hostage-taker is claiming to be the brother of convicted terrorist Aafia Siddiqui, but authorities have not yet confirmed his identity. The suspect is demanding to have the sister freed, the official said.

Siddiqui is incarcerated at Carswell Air Force Base near Fort Worth, according to the source. She had alleged ties to al-Qaida and was convicted of assault and attempted murder of a U.S. soldier in 2010 and sentenced to 86 years in prison.

That doesn't seem likely. This could get ugly.

I don't understand the link between this synagogue and the sister? Is there one?
Don't think it is specific; probably just an easy target and opportunity and the rift between Muslims and Jews (speculation on my part)

Probably just an easy target and opportunity; the rift between Palestine and Israel (just speculation on my part)
I didn’t even think of the Palestine angle.

So sad. Those poor people trapped in there

Its just too bad that Texas is a "Gun Free Zone", otherwise a "good guy with a gun" could save the......OOOOOPSSS!!!!!!!!😧😧

NEVER MIND!!!😱

Another thread, another stupid post.

If you want to be a victim, you have the right to be in a free country.

I didn’t even think of the Palestine angle.

So sad. Those poor people trapped in there
I edited my post ...... he/she is from Pakistan but suspect it is because of the rift between Muslims and Jews

One of the 4 hostages is believed to be a Rabbi

Good Lord. Haters gonna' hate. What a world we live in.

We had an incident where a neo-Nazi young local guy shot up a synagogue during Saturday services. He killed one of the worshipers.
He ran like a coward, was caught quickly, and is now spending the rest of his life in prison, no chance for parole.

I hope they catch the Texas perp and nobody he has taken as hostage is harmed.

Back
Top Bottom