• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Violence Spiked — And Arrests Declined — In Chicago Right After The Laquan....

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gun Violence Spiked — And Arrests Declined — In Chicago Right After The Laquan McDonald Video Release | FiveThirtyEight

CHICAGO — The severe spike in gun violence Chicago is experiencing can be dated to the release of the video in the Laquan McDonald case, a FiveThirtyEight analysis of crime data shows. The same analysis shows that the city has seen a significant drop in arrests made for homicides and nonfatal shootings, as well as other crimes, since the video’s release on Nov. 24. This suggests a decline in law enforcement activity that may be contributing to the rise in gun crime.

Johnson faces the prospect of the bloodiest year since at least 2003: Chicago is on pace for roughly 570 homicides and nearly 2,100 nonfatal shooting incidents, numbers that could be even higher if the violence increases with warmer weather.

Here's the predictable fallout from Ferguson, Baltimore, and all the Black Lives Matter nonsense that has resulted.

The police are now paralyzed. Afraid to confront anything. Fearful of the repercussions for enforcing the law.

It's a free for all. Criminals are operating with impunity, afraid of nothing. Bullets are flying at record pace.

That is the intentional result of the BLM movement. Make no mistake.

Re: Gun Violence Spiked — And Arrests Declined — In Chicago Right After The Laquan...

Oh yeah they're so very scared to enforce the law they just shot my friend dead for fun. For his family's sake I wish to god they had been too paralyzed to fire their weapon. Or even 1 shot instead of 17.

Give me a ****ing break.

Re: Gun Violence Spiked — And Arrests Declined — In Chicago Right After The Laquan...

Oh yeah they're so very scared to enforce the law they just shot my friend dead for fun. For his family's sake I wish to god they had been too paralyzed to fire their weapon. Or even 1 shot instead of 17.

Give me a ****ing break.

Well, now it's the Old West in Chicago. People dropping like mosquitoes in a bug zapper.

Anyone who falls for this game is naive beyond belief. Police can document crimes however they see fit up to and including not including things on their report or including multiple charges on a report.

Rape can be charged all the way down to tresspassing. Simple theft can be classified as breaking and entering with a deadly weapon. These systememic sharp declines in crimes whenever something happens to make police look bad are very transparent and obvious. It always seems to work on those who are easily manipulated by the media.

Another subject that is going to get out of hand. The assumption of causation and responsibility.

We probably can assume that police are more mindful of a civic response to their activities, but it is foolish to suggest that exclusively because of BLM that West Chicago has become the wild west. Rates of violence for Chicago have been a problem longer than BLM has existed.

In the OP article, the charts used to show 30 day averages of "shootings and violence" is somewhat statistically significant, but not outside of the entire 6 year chart range for either subject. Now, if either graph starts to look like the hockey stick graph then we might be able to show a little more causation.

Arrests over the same period is very statistically significant, and does show for more concern as causation is starting to be established. Police are probably responding post the video release with less activity resulting in arrests. In the end that might lead to higher crime rates which seem to be needing more time to play out. "Narcotics incidents" is probably resulting from the same thing. Police patrolling resulting in less arrest activity.

All we really see is Chicago is *still* violent with no end in sight, but it may take more time to see that BLM is the responsible party. I would be looking at city leadership before BLM.

Give me a ****ing break.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Gun Violence Spiked — And Arrests Declined — In Chicago Right After The Laquan McDonald Video Release | FiveThirtyEight

Here's the predictable fallout from Ferguson, Baltimore, and all the Black Lives Matter nonsense that has resulted.

The police are now paralyzed. Afraid to confront anything. Fearful of the repercussions for enforcing the law.

It's a free for all. Criminals are operating with impunity, afraid of nothing. Bullets are flying at record pace.

What's the point here?

Should we let the CPD continue to violate their citizens' Constitutional rights?

Do we take away BLM's 1st Amendment rights?

What's are you suggesting here?

What's the point here?

Should we let the CPD continue to violate their citizens' Constitutional rights?

Do we take away BLM's 1st Amendment rights?

What's are you suggesting here?

BLM is an anti-police movement, not an individual rights movement. It is pro-thug. Nothing more.

Much like Occupy Wall Street is merely an anarchist movement, and nothing more.

BLM is an anti-police movement, not an individual rights movement. It is pro-thug. Nothing more.

Much like Occupy Wall Street is merely an anarchist movement, and nothing more.
You still haven't addressed my question as to what's your solution or your point:

Are you going to allow the Chicago Police to continue to violate citizens' rights?

Are you going to suspend the 1st Amendment rights of BLM and/or it's participants?

You still haven't addressed my question as to what's your solution or your point: Are you going to allow the Chicago Police to continue to violate citizens' rights? Are you going to suspend the 1st Amendment rights of BLM and/or it's participants?
It's Darwinism at work.

Here's the predictable fallout from Ferguson, Baltimore, and all the Black Lives Matter nonsense that has resulted. The police are now paralyzed. Afraid to confront anything. Fearful of the repercussions for enforcing the law. It's a free for all. Criminals are operating with impunity, afraid of nothing. Bullets are flying at record pace. That is the intentional result of the BLM movement. Make no mistake.

If we talk about the government abuse of the citizens, the government will stop trying to protect the citizens, so let's stop talking about it?

Gang related gun violence............ lets be clear on that.

Gang related gun violence............ lets be clear on that.

Whenever I hear "gang related gun violence", do you mean the police union?

Whenever I hear "gang related gun violence", do you mean the police union?

Go count black on black

or

Gang related

Then

By cop

And get back to me.

Go count black on black

or

Gang related

Then

By cop

And get back to me.

Black on Black crimes get investigated.
Gang violence crimes get investigated.
Police wrongdoings get covered up.

Black on Black crimes get investigated.
Gang violence crimes get investigated.
Police wrongdoings get covered up.

We get to hear about a few cover up's now and then, but I offer you millions of clean arrests in between these cases you speak of.

I agree with you 100% on putting out foot down on dirty cops, but they expose themselves sooner or later.

They are a force for good.

Back
Top Bottom