• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Used At Newtown

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373390515.690515.jpg

This is the actual firearm used in the Newtown shooting. Thoughts? Not exactly a "scary" gun is it.

Society focusing on the gun instead of the person who uses it. Just was the anti's want.

Exactly. As you can see nothing fancy here. The only inherently evil thing about this gun...was the person behind the trigger.

I see they had to cut it off of him.
Scary? Nope, look at a couple every day in my safe.

I'm a big supporter of the Second Amendment, but I am confused about the purpose of the post.

If you are trying to say such weapons are being banned because they "look scary," I'd agree that is a silly foundation upon which to base a gun ban.

If you are trying to comment about the fear it might engender during the time and place it was used, i.e. a grade school against kids 6 to 11 years old? They might find it fairly frightening.

Nope, not scary. Not even a particularly nice AR. Its not a flat top, its got no optic and what the heck kind of cheap sling is that?

Actually it appears to be a flat top with a detachable carry handle.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062032038 said:

You can tell that from that blurry photo? Then your gundar is stronger than mine.

It would be if it was pointed in your direction and firing.

Was this Miss July in some gun magazine and is now hanging over somebodys bed?

If you watched the video, the police later claimed to have removed four according to NBC.

There were a lot of stupid rumors. All he used was that rifle. He killed himself with the pistol after firing a few outgoing rounds at first responder police (misses...but judged to be shots after looking at the windows and angles).

Was this Miss July in some gun magazine and is now hanging over somebodys bed?

No. I took this picture at a seminar on school safety. The man who had this picture is Lt. Paul Vance of the Connecticut state police. A lot of Sheriffs were at this meeting. Also I will be hearing from the man who made entry into Sandy Hook, and also I have heard from the FBI incident commander who was in charge of the hostage situation in Dale county Alabama (Bunker Hostage situation).

The purpose of this post is to highlight that it wasn't a "military grade" rifle with bayonets and tacticool accessories and a beta mag. It was a POS AR. What made it dangerous was the evil scum behind the trigger.

There were a lot of stupid rumors. All he used was that rifle. He killed himself with the pistol after firing a few outgoing rounds at first responder police (misses...but judged to be shots after looking at the windows and angles).

Source? Because that is the very claim that NBC retracted/corrected.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062032038 said:

That handle scares me. ;)

Source? Because that is the very claim that NBC retracted/corrected.

Lt. Paul Vance. Media response officer for the Incident.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373430319.511324.jpg

NBC made a bunch of baseless stupid claims. Another rumor was that there was an assault weapon in the trunk. It was a shotgun. Google it.

Lt. Paul Vance. Media response officer for the Incident.

View attachment 67150154

NBC made a bunch of baseless stupid claims. Another rumor was that there was an assault weapon in the trunk. It was a shotgun. Google it.

I knew about the shotgun in the trunk. Can I get a source for that image? Not that which weapon used matters at all to me, but you're in fact right I'd like to know.

Back
Top Bottom