• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Used At Newtown

I knew about the shotgun in the trunk. Can I get a source for that image? Not that which weapon used matters at all to me, but you're in fact right I'd like to know.

I can't give you a source. I was AT a seminar given by Lt. Paul Vance...you can google his name, but that is where I got the picture. The second picture as well.

I can't give you a source. I was AT a seminar given by Lt. Paul Vance...you can google his name, but that is where I got the picture. The second picture as well.

Good enough, the facts are of course irrelevant to my ideology as well. It could have been a Browning BAR machine gun and wouldn't change my preference for liberty.

I was under the impression that was found in the trunk of the car and he went to the school with 2 pistols.

No. He had 2 pistols on him as well. The gun found in the trunk was a semi automatic shotgun...I wasn't able to get a picture of it fast enough. It looked like a saiga. Hence the confusion probably. He killed himself with one of the pistols, but otherwise...he used the rifle exclusively.

Why? Just jab them in the face or chest with the barrel. With an A2, you can bash their face with the stock. More reach, and more power.

If all you have is the handle

It's a strange thing to be carrying around. A simple pocket knife would be a better option than that.

Of course, as would a bike lock with about 3 foot of chain

Of course, as would a bike lock with about 3 foot of chain

I always thought one of those 2 foot long industrial zip ties would be a great weapon.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIP around the neck and slowly walk away.

Best thing about a cheap pocket knife is that you can break it off inside an assailant, forcing them to go to the hospital where police will scoop the attacker up upon recovery.

The problem with the cheap ones is they never break when you want them to :lamo

No. I took this picture at a seminar on school safety. The man who had this picture is Lt. Paul Vance of the Connecticut state police. A lot of Sheriffs were at this meeting. Also I will be hearing from the man who made entry into Sandy Hook, and also I have heard from the FBI incident commander who was in charge of the hostage situation in Dale county Alabama (Bunker Hostage situation).

The purpose of this post is to highlight that it wasn't a "military grade" rifle with bayonets and tacticool accessories and a beta mag. It was a POS AR. What made it dangerous was the evil scum behind the trigger.

The gun made the evil scum look scarier. Theres a reason why guns...all guns....should be handled with respect. But you and several others seem to treat guns like toys. Who knows, maybe Adam Lanza thought guns were toys, too.

The gun made the evil scum look scarier. Theres a reason why guns...all guns....should be handled with respect. But you and several others seem to treat guns like toys. Who knows, maybe Adam Lanza thought guns were toys, too.

speculate much?

Listen here MOOT. Don't you DARE imply I treat guns like a toy. I've been taught since I was a CHILD of 4. I was taught the fundamental rules of firearms. The fact that someone like you, clearly uneducated and unaccustomed to handling firearms on a regular basis, takes discussing firearms as a hobby as treating them "like toys" tells me just how uneducated you are.

Now. Let's address what you said about the shooter.

1) You think he thought it was a toy? Are you kidding me? He knew it wasn't a toy. He knew it was a weapon. A tool he could use to murder children. At what point do you think his thoughts were on that item as a TOY?

2) Why do you even want to seek to give that monster even a ounce of glorification by stating his name. Let his name die. What do you think those monsters are looking for? Attention. A chance to be known. And people like YOU give it to them. You whine and cry their names, and the media hounds plaster it all over so the next nutbag can say, "well since nobody notices me...I can get seen out there."

pfft, should treat everything with respect. Treat fire with respect, treat speech with respect, treat science with respect. Hell intellect needs to be treated with respect. In fact everything from guns and bombs and military to government and society and blah blah blah is a result of our INTELLIGENCE. Humans are the most dangerous entities in the Universe. But I'm not going to say we should go kill all humans because of it. Well I will say "kill all humans", but only because Bender is my hero and Bender demands that all humans be killed.

All glory to the hypnotoad!

Last edited:
ERMEHGERD HAHH CAPARCITY MARGAZENE!1111

...Oh wait, it's just a gun. Never mind, carry on.

pfft, should treat everything with respect. Treat fire with respect, treat speech with respect, treat science with respect. Hell intellect needs to be treated with respect. In fact everything from guns and bombs and military to government and society and blah blah blah is a result of our INTELLIGENCE. Humans are the most dangerous entities in the Universe. But I'm not going to say we should go kill all humans because of it. Well I will say "kill all humans", but only because Bender is my hero and Bender demands that all humans be killed.

All glory to the hypnotoad!

http://youtu.be/W84DLa0CLNE

You know. That is exactly the mentality that seems to come from the anti gun crowd. They are told guns are dangerous and they accept it. They accept that they either a) don't need protection b) government protection is enough. It is sad.

It's a strange thing to be carrying around. A simple pocket knife would be a better option than that.

An assault knife? Is it black?

Yes, and yes. Though I would categorize my Ka-Bar as being more of an assault knife, if such a silly category exists.

Don't give them any silly ideas.

Back
Top Bottom