• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Sales Will Go Up Again

TheHammer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
There are an estimated nearly a billion guns in circulation on planet earth and more being manufactured every day.

Just exactly how our gun-nut President and Hillary Clinton think they can keep guns out of the hands of criminals, Islamic radicals and the insane who don’t give a rat’s ass about laws, by passing more laws is beyond the comprehension of any sane folks. Never you mind that though we have a President and his favored Presidential candidate hell bent on making it more difficult for law-abiding folk to own the right to defend themselves.

Is the gay club in Florida a “gun free zone?” Nobody has reported on that yet. If some of the patrons of the club had been armed according to Florida’s “carry laws,” how would a single shooter ever murder 49 people and injure more than 50 more without being taken out by a citizen with his own gun?

I submit, that open gays who like to promote gay pride and frequent gay clubs are this morning standing in line at the gun shops intending to purchase and who would blame them?

There are an estimated nearly a billion guns in circulation on planet earth and more being manufactured every day.

Just exactly how our gun-nut President and Hillary Clinton think they can keep guns out of the hands of criminals, Islamic radicals and the insane who don’t give a rat’s ass about laws, by passing more laws is beyond the comprehension of any sane folks. Never you mind that though we have a President and his favored Presidential candidate hell bent on making it more difficult for law-abiding folk to own the right to defend themselves.

Is the gay club in Florida a “gun free zone?” Nobody has reported on that yet. If some of the patrons of the club had been armed according to Florida’s “carry laws,” how would a single shooter ever murder 49 people and injure more than 50 more without being taken out by a citizen with his own gun?

I submit, that open gays who like to promote gay pride and frequent gay clubs are this morning standing in line at the gun shops intending to purchase and who would blame them?

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make. More guns sales? Gay people...? CCW? There was an armed off-duty police officer working as security at the door when the killer arrived. He was the first to engage the killer.

I'm sure that gun and ammo sales will increase, especially after the inevitable call for "reasonable gun laws" to be passed immediately to further restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make. More guns sales? Gay people...? CCW? There was an armed off-duty police officer working as security at the door when the killer arrived. He was the first to engage the killer.

I'm sure that gun and ammo sales will increase, especially after the inevitable call for "reasonable gun laws" to be passed immediately to further restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.

Apparently a single security officer was an exercise in futility, huh? How could a single shooter murder 49 people and injure more than 50 others if several patrons had been armed? The answer to Islamic terrorism is outlaw "gun free zones," and pass carry laws in every State. That's what I'm getting at with this thread. The only problem with that pure logic is it's pure logic and there are no logical political leadership in America.

"We can always count on Americans to do the right thing, after they've tried everything else." (Sr. Winston Churchill)

Well, I think in most states that allow concealed carry it is still illegal to carry in bars. I am all for concealed carry but I am also not sure having a bunch of people carrying while under the influence is the best thing, though it is certainly hard to imagine it making things worse in this specific case.

I think the demographic that attends a club catering to latino homosexuals in a major metro area does not overlap by a great deal with demographics that regularily carry firearms. even if allowed I would never advise anyone who plans on drinking carry a gun

Well, I think in most states that allow concealed carry it is still illegal to carry in bars. I am all for concealed carry but I am also not sure having a bunch of people carrying while under the influence is the best thing, though it is certainly hard to imagine it making things worse in this specific case.

Alcohal and firearms don't mix.

Keep thinking about it. You're on the right track. Would you rather have an occasional drunken shoot out or mass murders? How about club security to break up potential drunken shoot outs? How drunk does one need to be to pull a gun in a place where many are armed? Why aren't the gun laws on the books now preventing people that deranged from having guns in the first place?

There are states that allow it. like in Montana for example you can openly carry in a bar, but not concealed (even with a license) Virginia recently allowed carry in bars, Indiana, Oregon allows it. I think California allows it (although the flip side there is getting a permit in CA is more dependent upon which set of political boundaries you live inside of then your actual qualifications) Washington forbids the general public from carrying in bars although police officers (on or off duty), employees, the owner, or any person authorized by the owner can carry.

it's not a universal concept, personally I oppose it being illegal, but only because I don't drink and so it's easy for me to say I won't get in trouble carrying at the bar because I don't go to bars that often and when I do it's for food, socialization, or to pick up a friend who can't drive. so if I carry concealed it wouldn't be a big deal. but certainly one should not be carrying a gun while drinking. also in WA it's not illegal per se to carry a firearm while drunk, but the law authorizes the police to seize your firearm if you're .08 or above.

I think the demographic that attends a club catering to latino homosexuals in a major metro area does not overlap by a great deal with demographics that regularily carry firearms. even if allowed I would never advise anyone who plans on drinking carry a gun

Why not?

because people make bad decisions while they're drunk, bad decisions with a gun can have lifetime and irreperable consequences.

The evidence of that is one is a liquid and the other is a solid and liquids foul firearms when mixed with them. Otherwise, I'd like to see any other evidence aside from opinionated bias.

Completely, totally, and fully agree with no qualifications added.

That said, not everyone who goes places where alcohol is served actually consumes alcohol.

Carrying a gun in a place that serves alcohol should be much the same as getting in a car and driving away from a place that serves alcohol - if you're not actually consuming alcohol while you're at a place that serves it, there shouldn't be any problem.

The evidence of that is one is a liquid and the other is a solid and liquids foul firearms when mixed with them. Otherwise, I'd like to see any other evidence aside from opinionated bias.

You've GOT to be kidding. You've just lost your credibility. Evidence?? Puleeze.

There are states that allow it. like in Montana for example you can openly carry in a bar, but not concealed (even with a license) Virginia recently allowed carry in bars, Indiana, Oregon allows it. I think California allows it (although the flip side there is getting a permit in CA is more dependent upon which set of political boundaries you live inside of then your actual qualifications) Washington forbids the general public from carrying in bars although police officers (on or off duty), employees, the owner, or any person authorized by the owner can carry.

it's not a universal concept, personally I oppose it being illegal, but only because I don't drink and so it's easy for me to say I won't get in trouble carrying at the bar because I don't go to bars that often and when I do it's for food, socialization, or to pick up a friend who can't drive. so if I carry concealed it wouldn't be a big deal. but certainly one should not be carrying a gun while drinking. also in WA it's not illegal per se to carry a firearm while drunk, but the law authorizes the police to seize your firearm if you're .08 or above.

I live in Virginia and I think the new loosened law took effect this month. You can carry in a bar now IF you won't be consuming alcohol. Which seems reasonable to me.

. but certainly one should not be carrying a gun while drinking.

So, you favor probable occasional mass murders where drinking is done over an occasional possible drunken gun fight? I favor the opposite.

because people make bad decisions while they're drunk, bad decisions with a gun can have lifetime and irreperable consequences.

So you prefer the "consequences" of the 49, dead and more than 50 injured in Florida?

So, you favor probable occasional mass murders where drinking is done over an occasional possible drunken gun fight? I favor the opposite.

I think the drunken gun fight will be a more common occurence then the mass murder.

If I'm trying to get myself/loved ones out of active shooter situation the last thing I want is your drunk ass throwing lead every direction. you might as well just join the mass shooter at that point.

if you're sober and can provide effective resistance that's another story.

That said, not everyone who goes places where alcohol is served actually consumes alcohol.

Carrying a gun in a place that serves alcohol should be much the same as getting in a car and driving away from a place that serves alcohol - if you're not actually consuming alcohol while you're at a place that serves it, there shouldn't be any problem.

So, you also favor probable occasional mass murders where drinking is done over an occasional possible drunken gun fight? I favor the opposite.

Dodge City ring any bells? Tombstone? Literally anywhere in the West?

There's hundreds of stories where guys got liquored up and killed people or got killed themselves.

And since then it's happened thousands more times, it happened before and it'll continue to happen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karánsebes

According to US Law Shield , Florida bars are GFZs even with a carry license. Unfortunately, the Pulse Orlando Night Club & Ultra Lounge, Florida website does not give a section for policies, but it would be illegal to carry there under FL law. So, once again, a GFZ is a target.

With a well armed public a Totalitarian Dictatorship is impossible to establish. Without a Totalitarian Dictatorship a Holocaust or similar situation is impossible to achieve.

So sorta like a designated driver, only with guns?

I think the drunken gun fight will be a more common occurence then the mass murder.

If I'm trying to get myself/loved ones out of active shooter situation the last thing I want is your drunk ass throwing lead every direction. you might as well just join the mass shooter at that point.

if you're sober and can provide effective resistance that's another story.

Where's the evidence of your accusation? It's been noted in this thread by others that open carry is legal in some States. Please present the "more common" occasional gun fight evidence. How many people could an occasional gun fight drunk kill in a place where many are armed? Where's your suggestion for security where drinking is done to prevent the occasional gun fight before it happens? How's the government's laws working to prevent the occasional mass murder? I ptrefer security on site and my right of self defense secure wherever I am.

It seems absurd to picture people going to a nightclub to dance and socialize in slinky outfits with guns strapped to them. What impact will this have on those out to pick someone up for the night? If you forget your gun, will you go home with someone who is armed? I think it is absurd to believe we must all be armed just in case. Do we really want everybody armed, regardless of their skill or training with a firearm? And then put the extra pressure and probably more legal liability on businesses that serve alcohol to be sure to confiscate the guns of all drinkers? A picture of an America armed to the teeth just in case of tragedy is an absurdity I hope I never see.

Where's the evidence of your accusation? It's been noted in this thread by others that open carry is legal in some States.
open carry generally is not the subject of the thread
Please present the "more common" occasional gun fight evidence.
accidental gun deaths, of which drunken ones are a subset, is many times greater then mass shooting deaths
How many people could an occasional gun fight drunk kill in a place where many are armed?
who cares?
Where's your suggestion for security where drinking is done to prevent the occasional gun fight before it happens?
up to the owner, I do not own a bar.
How's the government's laws working to prevent the occasional mass murder?
sometimes fairly well, no system is perfect
I ptrefer security on site and my right of self defense secure wherever I am.
Then go ahead, but if you're breaking the law to do so don't complain if you get arrested. and for the love of god please don't blast somebody while you're blasted.

Back
Top Bottom