• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun sales have exploded. Funny, that didn’t make us all safer.

I want gun slaughter stopped. From suicide to neighbors killing neighbors instead of punching them in the mouth.
By "stopped", do you mean a homicide rate of 0.0?

Carrying a firearm in an urban or suburban area is the act of someone who is weak and fearful. But to open carry is to display your fundamental insecurity in order to intimidate or troll others. It is a temporary, false feeling of power in an otherwise pathetic existence.

I try to avoid damaged people.

Carrying a firearm in an urban or suburban area is the act of someone who is weak and fearful. But to open carry is to display your fundamental insecurity in order to intimidate or troll others. It is a temporary, false feeling of power in an otherwise pathetic existence.

Aren't urban areas the most dangerous areas in the country? Isn't that where most of the violence occurs where the expectation of have a need to defend oneself would be at the highest?

Aren't urban areas the most dangerous areas in the country?

No, I don’t think so. Rural America is more dangerous. And that is relative danger.

Regardless, the danger is not anywhere near the fear response threshold which demands an individual carry a firearm.

No, I don’t think so. Rural America is more dangerous. And that is relative danger.
Not according to CDC.

1653231280681.png
Regardless, the danger is not anywhere near the fear response threshold which demands an individual carry a firearm.
You don't get to make the call. If it's dangerous enough to need more gun control, it's dangerous enough to carry a firearm. Every state allows concealed carry.

Not according to CDC.

View attachment 67392203

You don't get to make the call. If it's dangerous enough to need more gun control, it's dangerous enough to carry a firearm. Every state allows concealed carry.

Do you have a link as opposed to a pic? I have read the opposite.

And of course it’s not my call to make; outside of the democratic process. Weak and fearful people with cope with their lives as best they can. I will just try to avoid them.

And of course it’s not my call to make; outside of the democratic process. Weak and fearful people with cope with their lives as best they can. I will just try to avoid them.
Your perception of the "fear response threshold" is the proper one. Those with a lower perception are "weak and fearful".

Of course this means you would be "weak and fearful" to those with a higher perception than your own.

Unless you have the highest perception possible. In which case, the entire world is weak and fearful relative to your standard.

such a stereotype is the product of intellectually lazy thinking and is pathetically stupid

Your perception of the "fear response threshold" is the proper one. Those with a lower perception are "weak and fearful".

Of course this means you would be "weak and fearful" to those with a higher perception than your own.

Unless you have the highest perception possible. In which case, the entire world is weak and fearful relative to your standard.

Makes sense. Where’s the line between reasonable caution and irrational fear? Well, not so much a line as a broad area of everything in between.

Maybe guys too scared to walk out their front door without a firearm think I have thrill issues because I dare to go grocery shopping unarmed.

that makes the idiotic Assumption that honest people merely carrying guns create harm.

Makes sense. Where’s the line between reasonable caution and irrational fear? Well, not so much a line as a broad area of everything in between.

Maybe guys too scared to walk out their front door without a firearm think I have thrill issues because I dare to go grocery shopping unarmed.

Maybe people with multiple fire extinguishers think I'm foolhardy because I only have a couple. The extremes might be a little more apparent. But reasonable caution might look like an extreme from a position that looks like extremism from another direction.

And what might be a reasonably cautious position can be creatively described to invoke extremism.

Use the (restricted) database access.

King Soopers in Boulder. Kroger grocery near Memphis. Tops in Buffalo.

Maybe you just aren’t paying attention.

I would've stuck 'paranoid' in there too, Bok.

Nevertheless, solid post, sir (y)

Back
Top Bottom