• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun sales have exploded. Funny, that didn’t make us all safer.

Look up the word macro.
Look up the word macro.

So something can threaten society without threatening the individual parts of that society? If nobody in society is threatened, then how is society threatened?

And how does lightning threaten society at the "macro" level?

Personally, I think pseudo-intellectualism engaged in by moronic, dissembling assholes is a greater threat.

Do you have a spare tire in you car? A fire extinguisher in your house?
Yep. And I have 3 guns in my house. But because I am so stupid to think they will save my life if I am targeted.
Understanding the odds are far greater that myself or a family member will be injured by them than they will save anyone, I keep them locked in the basement with the key two flights of stairs away in my bedroom.

Yep. And I have 3 guns in my house. But because I am so stupid to think they will save my life if I am targeted.
Understanding the odds are far greater that myself or a family member will be injured by them than they will save anyone, I keep them locked in the basement with the key two flights of stairs away in my bedroom.
that will work well at 2 AM. I trained my wife and kid well-both are very good shots, the son could shoot professionally with about 6 months of hard training

that will work well at 2 AM. I trained my wife and kid well-both are very good shots, the son could shoot professionally with about 6 months of hard training
You with the never ending nonsense that you are gonna save your family by , at best, having a shootout in front of them.

That thinking is wildly ignorant.

Again, I base my decision on the numbers.

BTW, at 2am, if someone breaks in, the best thing you can do is turn on the lights. Most times they will run realizing they have been discovered. They are not there for violent sex, they want things of monetary value.

I'll never understand such cowardly people who think as you post. People who think blowing away a 15 year old burglar is acceptable because they tried to take aunt Millie's vase.

You with the never ending nonsense that you are gonna save your family by , at best, having a shootout in front of them.
At best, the intruder is shot without having a chance to shoot at all.

BTW, at 2am, if someone breaks in, the best thing you can do is turn on the lights. Most times they will run realizing they have been discovered. They are not there for violent sex, they want things of monetary value.

"Most times".
I'll never understand such cowardly people who think as you post. People who think blowing away a 15 year old burglar is acceptable because they tried to take aunt Millie's vase.
How do you know the intent of anyone who breaks into your home at night, a time when most homes are occupied?

BTW, @TurtleDude i have had my house broken into twice. Neither time was I home. Guess what, I had insurance.
Even if I didn't, and I could have, would not blow away a 15 year old kid for trying to steal property. That is insanity.

I also had 2 cars stolen.

Once, I had both my cars broken into the same day!

So, as you can see, I am not like you. I have walked the walk as it were.

Thinking now, seems everything happened in twos.
Twice face a gun, twice faced a blade.

your moronic claims that those who have guns for protection are cowardly is nothing more than trolling and projection. Yeah and your scenario involved a 15 year old threatening to kill someone with a gun: damn straight that such a criminal should be shot if possible

"Most times".

How do you know the intent of anyone who breaks into your home at night, a time when most homes are occupied?
The point is, this just happens so infrequently you are a fool to worry about it.

"Most times".

the law presumes that those who enter homes at that time are intending to confront and harm the occupants unless the home is known to be empty

The point is, this just happens so infrequently you are a fool to worry about it.
if this stuff happens so infrequently that you insult those who prepare for it, why do we need more gun control laws given that crime is so rare (in your mind)?

your moronic claims that those who have guns for protection are cowardly is nothing more than trolling and projection. Yeah and your scenario involved a 15 year old threatening to kill someone with a gun: damn straight that such a criminal should be shot if possible
Clearly I walk through life with a confidence you don't.

Seems that is the bottom line here, doesn't it?

if this stuff happens so infrequently that you insult those who prepare for it, why do we need more gun control laws given that crime is so rare (in your mind)?
Guns cause crime they do not protect you from crime. Thats why.

Guns cause crime they do not protect you from crime. Thats why.
so that's why hundreds of thousands of police and security guards are armed-to cause crime

damn that's a stupid argument from you

BTW, @TurtleDude i have had my house broken into twice. Neither time was I home. Guess what, I had insurance.
Even if I didn't, and I could have, would not blow away a 15 year old kid for trying to steal property. That is insanity.

I also had 2 cars stolen.

Once, I had both my cars broken into the same day!

So, as you can see, I am not like you. I have walked the walk as it were.

Thinking now, seems everything happened in twos.
Twice face a gun, twice faced a blade.
There are thousands of people each year who don't have your luck.

True.

Part luck, part brains, part attitude.
Clearly someone like @TurtleDude would never have faired as well even with luck.
why lie? do you think by this mendacity you will bolster what has to be among the lamest sets of arguments ever voided upon this forum's gun section? or are you engaging in wishful thinking? Or are you projecting? whatever it is, it is pathetically weak

why lie? do you think by this mendacity you will bolster what has to be among the lamest sets of arguments ever voided upon this forum's gun section? or are you engaging in wishful thinking? Or are you projecting? whatever it is, it is pathetically weak
Just speaking truth.

You should try it. Do you know what it is?

Just speaking truth.

You should try it. Do you know what it is?
I don't think many people on the gun forum find your bullshit truthful. You constantly contradict yourself-you claim that people don t need guns for self defense because the probability of being attacked is almost zero, yet you bray about banning guns to stop crime. That sort of contradictory idiocy is rather telling

I don't think many people on the gun forum find your bullshit truthful. You constantly contradict yourself-you claim that people don t need guns for self defense because the probability of being attacked is almost zero, yet you bray about banning guns to stop crime. That sort of contradictory idiocy is rather telling
I want gun slaughter stopped. From suicide to neighbors killing neighbors instead of punching them in the mouth.

I want gun slaughter stopped. From suicide to neighbors killing neighbors instead of punching them in the mouth.
again you contradict yourself. and you cannot stop suicides by bannerrhoid desires Japan bans all handguns and has a higher suicide rate than we do

There's all that security you were speaking of. How secure can you be when you're afraid inanimate objects will deliberately harm you?

Back
Top Bottom