• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Ownership Poll

Do you own a gun, and if you don't, why not?

• I own at least one gun

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • I would like to own a gun, but don’t own one because guns are too expensive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t own a gun because I don’t like guns/don’t want one

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I would like to own a gun, but don't because they are too dangerous

• I don’t own a gun because I have small children in my home, but might get one otherwise

• I don’t own a gun because the laws in my state/city are too strict to be worth it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noodlegawd

Somebody you used to know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is a poll to see how many of us own guns, and if not, why not.

I tried to word the options so that they are as mutually exclusive as possible, but if you don't own a gun and think more than one response applies to you, please pick the choice that is your most important reason for not owning.

If you have a totally different reason for not owning a gun, please don't vote and post your reasoning below.

Last edited:
hmmm, no option for me.
don't own any.. anymore.
lost them all when crossing the wake of a tug boat
on the Ohio River just north of Cincinnatti..
or maybe it was south... long time ago...
overturned the canoe...
I've not gotten over the heartbreak and
financial loss these past many years. :(

hmmm, no option for me.
don't own any.. anymore.
lost them all when crossing the wake of a tug boat
on the Ohio River just north of Cincinnatti..
or maybe it was south... long time ago...
overturned the canoe...
I've not gotten over the heartbreak and
financial loss these past many years. :(

Wow... the same thing happened to me only on the Colorado river. ;)
Damn tug boats......

I tried to word the options so that they are as mutually exclusive as possible, but if you don't own a gun and think more than one response applies to you, please pick the choice that is your most important reason for not owning.

If you have a totally different reason for not owning a gun, please don't vote and post your reasoning below.

Can't answer the poll because none of the options match my reason.

I don't own a gun because I've never felt a need to, prior to current events.

I am reconsidering this and thinking of purchasing one now, because I am seeing there may be a need for one in the not too distant future.

I buy guns because I enjoy the shooting sports. Always have them around. I have never purchased one for personal protection. Have plenty that could perform that function just never felt the need.

I am really not concerned about my family and my safety even with all the craziness going on. This too will pass.

I have three firearms. The oldest being a purchase that I made not long after coming back from the military. And the newest was purchased in late 2015, not long after I left the party.

Can't answer the poll because none of the options match my reason.

I don't own a gun because I've never felt a need to, prior to current events.

I am reconsidering this and thinking of purchasing one now, because I am seeing there may be a need for one in the not too distant future.

I would suggest a SIG Sauer P320. It's what I purchased and it's basically a commercial variant of their military M17 model.

A little pricey, but it's a really good gun.

You forgot one option.

I used to own guns but they were lost in a boating accident.

I live in the UK and as such don't own a gun.
I don't want or feel the need to own a gun.
While I think guns should be regulated I have no real opinion on standard gun owners in places where guns are allowed.

I own a number of firearms. My favorites being a Kimber Custom II (9mm) and a Wilson Combat (.45 ACP).

I usually don't comment on gun ownership surveys. Why do you want to know?

Back
Top Bottom