• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun laws for tourists ect

Rostocker

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Since it appears evryone in USA has guns...how do you defend yourself when you are a tourist there?

Would i be allowed to carry a firearm?

All of a sudden I started thinking about the movie The Purge: Election Year, people coming into the US from other nations to participate in our one night per year where all crime is legal.

Since it appears evryone in USA has guns...how do you defend yourself when you are a tourist there?

No, you would not unless it is an antique firearm in some states.

Stay away from Democratic Party controlled cities and you'll be ok, particularly if you aren't black. The Democratic Party is engaged in a nationwide campaign to drive blacks out of their cities by their elimination of police services reassigning them to protect rich white people, murder, terrorism, violent assaults and arson. So if you aren't white don't even think about flying into or being in any Democratic Party controlled city. You can Google to find out what Democratic Party crime-zones to stay away from.

Or you can do the Germany-thing and buy a cross bow. Unlike Germany, you don't need a permit to buy a fake gun or BB gun that looks real. You also can buy pepper spray and in most jurisdictions a taser - something German citizens can't do without difficult to obtain permits - but you can confirm that for us, can't you?

How can American tourists protect themselves in Germany.

Stay away from Democratic Party controlled cities and you'll be ok, particularly if you aren't black. The Democratic Party is engaged in a nationwide campaign to drive blacks out of their cities by their elimination of police services reassigning them to protect rich white people, murder, terrorism, violent assaults and arson. So if you aren't white don't even think about flying into or being in any Democratic Party controlled city. You can Google to find out what Democratic Party crime-zones to stay away from.

So as a non american, one is free game over there?

Short answer, nope if you are a tourist.

"An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business.”

[18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32]

Short answer, nope if you are a tourist.

"An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving, or possessing a firearm or ammunition unless the alien falls within one of the exceptions provided in 18 U.S.C. 922(y)(2), such as: a valid hunting license or permit, admitted for lawful hunting or sporting purposes, certain official representatives of a foreign government, or a foreign law enforcement officer of a friendly foreign government entering the United States on official law enforcement business.”

[18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) and 922(y)(2); 27 CFR 478.11 and 478.32]

Ok so how is one supposed to protect himself then?

You may not have a firearm except in some states where you could have an antique firearm. Examples would be any pre-1899 handgun such as a double action 38 - whether a 5 shot pocket pistol or full frame 6 shoot 38. Unlike Germany, you can have pepper/bear spray and in most jurisdictions (not some Democrat jurisdictions) a taser.

Again, police are not ordered to do nothing in Republican run jurisdictions. Many Germans vacation part of their vacation in our city. I don't believe there has ever been any act of violence against tourists here - but then this is an overwhelming Republican area who run their police departments as police departments, not political tools.

Flying in New York or Chicago? That could get you killed. Fly into Orlando? You'd be safe. The USA is like the EU - other than all the difference and diverse entities (states) are in one country. So "is the USA" safe for you it like asking is Europe safe for Americans. It depends on specifically where in Europe. Same for the USA.

How many foreign tourist come to the US and have a good time with no problems?
Research where you want to visit and stay out of bad areas.

I could ask you the same thing. Can I visit Germany and carry a gun?

How many foreign tourist come to the US and have a good time with no problems?
Research where you want to visit and stay out of bad areas.

I could ask you the same thing. Can I visit Germany and carry a gun?

*No*

Hell No!

You may not have a firearm except in some states where you could have an antique firearm. Examples would be any pre-1899 handgun such as a double action 38 - whether a 5 shot pocket pistol or full frame 6 shoot 38. Unlike Germany, you can have pepper/bear spray and in most jurisdictions (not some Democrat jurisdictions) a taser.

Again, police are not ordered to do nothing in Republican run jurisdictions. Many Germans vacation part of their vacation in our city. I don't believe there has ever been any act of violence against tourists here - but then this is an overwhelming Republican area who run their police departments as police departments, not political tools.

Flying in New York or Chicago? That could get you killed. Fly into Orlando? You'd be safe. The USA is like the EU - other than all the difference and diverse entities (states) are in one country. So "is the USA" safe for you it like asking is Europe safe for Americans. It depends on specifically where in Europe. Same for the USA.

In Germany you can have pepperspray and tasers, when you get controlled you just have to say its against animals. Its basicly a loophole and you get it in supermarkets with a dog printed on it.

Been around nearly 63 years and never had to brandish a firearm.

Do you have friends here who could loan you one if you so chose.?

When i was there in 2019 one buddy gave me one for fun.

Idk how that works, was that ok or am i not even allowed to get one?

If you're worried about it, dont come here. Why would you go somewhere you believe is dangerous?

And no, you would not be allowed to carry.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

That would be illegal.

At least, to take it off their property or away from a range.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Absolutely, but we require armbands on tourists...didnt they make you wear one last time?

If we nail the tourists, we can keep our citizen death quotas lower.

In Germany you can have pepperspray and tasers, when you get controlled you just have to say its against animals. Its basicly a loophole and you get it in supermarkets with a dog printed on it.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

When i was there in 2019 one buddy gave me one for fun.

Idk how that works, was that ok or am i not even allowed to get one?

Not legally. It is a felony to illegally have a firearm, but probably you would just be told to get out of the country if caught (deported). An exception would be if hunting with an American etc.

You can buy pepper spray once you are here.

And much is made of the not-rare-enough instances of gun violence in America, but unless you go into certain particularly dangerous areas, 99.9% of the country is completely safe. Safer in fact than most countries. You will not need a firearm. Just stay out of poverty-stricken inner cities if you are white and remote poverty-stricken country towns if you aren't. And maybe try to avoid attending any of our recent racial justice protests after dark.

That would be illegal.

At least, to take it off their property or away from a range.

But they can be rented under certain conditions.

I lived near a gun range in the San Francisco Bay area. They would have tourist junkets from Japan. All the nice Hollywood style shooting arms set up for the Japanese to go crazy on. AR-15s, AKs, Uzis were big items, many nice hand guns and ammo. Much, much ammo.

More dakka level.

I would quietly leave when they would start setting up.

If you meet certain conditions, you would be allowed to rent, buy, or otherwise carry a firearm in the US. Most States require a residency of at least 90 days, but there is no such restriction under federal law.

This is the checklist the FBI uses for non-citizen NICS background checks: FFL Tip Sheet for Non U.S. Citizens purchasing firearms — FBI

If you accept an H1B1 position, for example, after you have been in the State for 90 days you can purchase a firearm. You just need a copy of your visa and I-94. Your alien registration number is your I-94 number. Some States have additional requirements. California, for example, requires a handgun certificate if you wish to purchase a handgun, but that also includes US citizens, not just non-immigrant aliens.

You may also have a problem if you purchase a firearm in the US that your country of origin doesn't allow. You could always sell the firearm before moving back.

Or you can do the Germany-thing and buy a cross bow. Unlike Germany, you don't need a permit to buy a fake gun or BB gun that looks real. You also can buy pepper spray and in most jurisdictions a taser - something German citizens can't do without difficult to obtain permits - but you can confirm that for us, can't you?

How can American tourists protect themselves in Germany.

Except that they can buy and own firearms in the US. Just like you can buy and own firearms in Germany. They have a higher age requirement, fewer firearm options when purchasing, and more hoops you have to jump through, but you can own firearms in Germany. Or at least you use to. When I lived in Worms, Germany, in 1981 and 1982 I went shooting at the range regularly with firearms that I purchased in the US and brought to Germany.

But they can be rented under certain conditions.

I lived near a gun range in the San Francisco Bay area. They would have tourist junkets from Japan. All the nice Hollywood style shooting arms set up for the Japanese to go crazy on. AR-15s, AKs, Uzis were big items, many nice hand guns and ammo. Much, much ammo.

More dakka level.

I would quietly leave when they would start setting up.

They were allowed off-range with them? Because I said at ranges.

Las Vegas has a really cool place to rent all kinds of stuff but I'm always there with girlfriends and no one wants to go with me :(

Back
Top Bottom