• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun laws for tourists ect

Thats funny...i keep two of the sister species the Woma python. :D

Both share that gorgeous caramel striped body.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

I was in USA last year with my girl and i had the impression in the national parks that you are better armed when hiking. I am a big buff guy but i assume i cant fight off a bear unarmed, have to admit that.

When i see whats going on in your cities right now, i dont feel its that save either.

We plan to do a ship tour to Guadalupe, the ship departs in San Diego. I guess our best bet is to simply fly San Diego, go to Hotel, stay there one night and directly go to the harbor.
You're overthinking this. Most Americans aren't walking around armed, especially in The People's Republic of Kalifornia. That state has done just about everything in its power to relieve everyone if their right to defend their lives with a firearm.

You're bordering on paranoia.

As i said, i am not foolish nor uneducated. In Australia the guide had less knowledge about australian wildlife than i had...he mistook a brown snake with a python and told people to stay 3 meters away from Billabongs. 3 meters is nothing for a saltwater croc.

I love nature and animals, but claiming they are harmless only makes desasters possible. We have that problem here too. We have lots of wolfes...environmentalist tell people that wolfes are harmless, shy creatures of the forest.

Reality is different. They are alpha predators. They are not mindless killing machines but also not harmless little forest doggos

Wolves are lots of things, but harmless isn't one of them. The odds of running into one or more wolves while visiting a National Park, however, is extremely remote. They also very rarely will target an adult of average size. They will target children and small adults instead. The last person that was confirmed to be killed by wolves was a 32-year old 4'-11" female teacher who decided to take a jog in the forest in 2010.

Wolves killed Alaska teacher in 2010, state says - Anchorage Daily News

Wolves are not a problem during the Summer months usually, but if the Winter is particularly nasty they tend to come into towns and cities looking for pets to take for an easy meal.

Warning issued after wolf kills dog northwest of Fairbanks - Alaska Public Media

So unless you intend to spend a Winter in Alaska, the odds of you even seeing a wolf are extremely rare. Also, all out-of-State hunters in Alaska are required to hire a State certified guide. Which significantly reduces the chances of having a dangerous encounter with the wildlife. The only time I would strongly recommend carrying firearms is if you intend to do any river fishing in Alaska between June and October, or if you intend to go foraging between September and October.

Wolves are lots of things, but harmless isn't one of them. The odds of running into one or more wolves while visiting a National Park, however, is extremely remote. They also very rarely will target an adult of average size. They will target children and small adults instead. The last person that was confirmed to be killed by wolves was a 32-year old 4'-11" female teacher who decided to take a jog in the forest in 2010.

Wolves killed Alaska teacher in 2010, state says - Anchorage Daily News

Wolves are not a problem during the Summer months usually, but if the Winter is particularly nasty they tend to come into towns and cities looking for pets to take for an easy meal.

Warning issued after wolf kills dog northwest of Fairbanks - Alaska Public Media

So unless you intend to spend a Winter in Alaska, the odds of you even seeing a wolf are extremely rare. Also, all out-of-State hunters in Alaska are required to hire a State certified guide. Which significantly reduces the chances of having a dangerous encounter with the wildlife. The only time I would strongly recommend carrying firearms is if you intend to do any river fishing in Alaska between June and October, or if you intend to go foraging between September and October.

I guess because the bears coem for salmon?

I guess because the bears coem for salmon?

The bears will try to steal the salmon you catch, if they can get away with it. They are not being aggressive, they are trying to be sneaky. Like a dog trying to sneak into a room they know they are not suppose to be in. All it takes is letting the bear know that they are busted, and they head back into the woods. If talking to them isn't enough to deter them, I'll use a firecracker. I have never felt threatened in all my bear encounters, but I still carry firearms in case I ever do meet that rare aggressive bear, and I recommend others do the same.

Back
Top Bottom